Firefly port-over - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firefly port-over

You mean 'logic' can be '0' or '1'. Right? Of course. But the way he used it is like you can have it BOTH ways. You can have a turbo prop cfg and air and interchange the cfg or air from a jet engined airplane (with no effect to flight dynamics). I don't think so. That is all I was saying. Changing the NAME only does not alter/edit the contents of any file. THAT is what I was pointing out. Now where were we? Oh yes. His info was 'spot on'. Really? Cheesh.
    Chuck B
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

He had no interest in changing the contents of a file. He wanted to know how to swap one with another.

I can only assume English is not your first language.

Edit....and my reference to 'logic' was as in 'common sense' - clearly an oxymoron just like 'military intelligence'.
    It certainly is not common at all....;p

SOH-CM-2017

Firefly port-over

This forum used to be a site where flightsim enthusiasts could ask for help on a particular problem they might be experiencing. That no longer seems to be the case; some of us have 'attitudes'.
    Thanks again Jafo.

Chill your grill napamule, the guys aren't doing anything wrong.

Now swapping airfile alone won't change much, aircraft.cfg also contains a lot of pertinent flight data that effects operation.

The problem begins when you swap... some aircraft have different radios, doors, systems, even amongst two identical real world types... different developers may have included different things. Also their zero point for the model may be different which will effect contact points on the ground. It all varies.

Can you swap engine data and geometry data between two files in notepad to add one developer's engine / prop / wing data to yours? yes, but simply switching files isn't a complete process.

Napamule; you were rude and didn't read their posts, nobody said swap an a380 for a cessna 172, switching between two fireflies is logical... and sorry, but logic does exist in a flight sim... computer logic... on or off, and, or... all logical statements in computer code

Most of these links don't work anymore! Is there a complete package to fix all the issues in fsx?
    I'd love to fly this one in fsx.

Cees

If you come across any repaints, please share.

I was looking at some earlier posts by Fnerg and saw a paint scheme never released, so it would be nice to have a few more.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'm busy on a Dutch scheme for this one. I'll post a sreenie tomorrow.

Cees

Still a lot to do, but I'm back in business it seems.

Cees

Nice Work, Cees! The ol' bird looks right at home with the new paint. What prop texture are you using... home grown? Seems the one I have is a bit on the "light" side and disappears when in the spot view, looking at the model against the ground scenery textures. Also, did you tinker with the searchlight transparency textures? Just curious...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I did a version of my own and I downloade the fix present here at the OH. Don't know which one I like better. I think the searchlight is the glass_t.bmp?

Cees

Let me check on that and I'll let you know... (glass_t.bmp).

EDIT: There are two glass textures for each paint included in the Firefly's main aircraft folder. "Glass.bmp" and "Glass_t.bmp". I'm going to go back into this one and tinker a bit. Stay tuned... ;~}

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I'm having a lot of fun with this model! There's only one annoying thing: the continuous beeping sound, as if you're listening to the morse code of a vor beacon. I can't turn it off!

Cees

Plexi-T

I just got through uploading this aircraft to FSX and checking it out. In the BDG RCN texture with the radars under the wings, there is a texture file missing. It is black so I know that the model is not reading it. By checking in the Mass Texture Editor in Model Converter X, I found that that file name is Plexi-T but it is not in any of the three texture folders that come with the aircraft. Can anyone who is flying this and has that file send it or post it please? In the meantime I am going to install the Majestic class CVLs and do some CARQUALS in AI Carriers. I also did something that worked that I learned from the Payware guys but youse guys already know I am sure. I create a texture folder with all the textures for the aircraft. Then the variations just have the necessary files in them that are different. In each texture folder I have the texture.cfg file pointing it to the main texture folder which BTW I DID check for Plexi-T and its nowhere to be found.

Do you have the same beep I mentioned?

Cees

Beep???

I have not had a chance to put it on the runway yet, just uploaded it and selected it so it was going around in the FSX preview window. That's where I saw the black dome under the right wing on the radar or searchlight (?). I'll check out the beep later when I finish with the RL interruption. Darn inconsiderate of life LOL

No beeps

I don't have any beeps. I just reinstalled the FSX SDK and am going to convert the .cabs for the gauges. I just opened up the panel in FSPS and that 3 brake pressure gauge is beautiful but in my FS9 gauge cabs in FSX comes up in "French Blue and needles" no details. Hope that fixes it. Also I think that I just fixed the XML code for Mag 2 and if I did I will post it here. Finally, I went into the aircraft.cfg and gave it a steerable tailwheel. I know I am cheating but shoot me.
    That is what I did so far besides finding "Scrubby's" Firefly looking for more on this one and downloaded it. Looking forward to flying in a little from Barkheath AB.

Triple Needle Brake Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    To get the triple brake pressure gauge to show in FSX VC, in the panel.cfg file try changing the -ve 1 value to zero or 1, FSX will not show gauges with a -ve number. (I have yet to do it, but from past experience found this to be the answer)
    HTH
    Keith
    Changed it from -1 to 1 but that didn't make any difference. Its still not there though in FSPS its beautiful. I haven't given up yet. I thought I fixed Mag 2 also but not yet either. I'll keep trying. I understand simple XML gauges from years of driving the guys over at FS Developers nuts LOL.

Triple Brake Pressure

Changing from -1 to a 0 worked perfectly. Changing to 1 doesn't work. Trying to find out now why Mag2 is inop. I just opened up the DS Cab and checked the XML code and it looks right to me anyway. The bmps are also there. Can't figure out why Mag2 is inop. Will do some more investigation. If you turn off Mag1 the engine is still running so from that I think that Mag2 is always on. Just did a circuit around the airport. I think that if I am going to do any carrier flying in this that I am going to have to put TrackIR back. Hat switch didn't cut it. Ended up wide of the runway and had to correct radically but made it down ok.

After a lot of reading I found out how to get rid of the vor-beeping! At Last! The radar dome bulb is white and transparant as it was in the original FS-version after adding a copy of the glass.bmp and renaming this one as plexi_t.bmp. The bulb appears to be behind the fuselage, from a certain point of view, but that is also the case in the FS9 version.

Cees

Renaming glass.bmp

Thank you for that idea I will do that later.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thank you for that idea I will do that later.
    I oughtta thank you for the plexi_t idea!

Cees

It's such a pretty bird!

Cees

I'm learning a lot! Still heaps of work to do.

Cees

The same applies to this one....

Cees

The other side of the nose, done with a completely different approach.

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; November 29th, 2018 at 03:55.