A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 111
Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    You're creating extra steps and greatly the process.

I don't understand why you remove the alpha image to a folder on your desktop to work on it. There's no reason to do that. It's much simpler to just work on the alpha channel the same way you work on the main texture image, using your painting program within DXTbmp, just as you would if you were working on the main texture.

This is so whether or not you work in layers.

Why make it more difficult for yourself?
    That's correct - think of the Alpha channel as PART of your bitmap file, not something separate.

When you open a 32 bit bitmap in DXTbmp you will automatically see the Alpha.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Hi,

We do need a new thread I think!
    How would I edit the alpha without sending it to the paint program I'm using...Paint.net in this case ? Paint has layering and so on, not that that means much to me, but they are there!

Teaching skills required now, Nigel, to be brought out of the cupboard, dusted off and shown to the now dusty children sitting at their desks coughing, but with mice poised and raring to go!

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Well, if your only graphics editor is MSPaint, then you you must export the alpha channel, lighten it using some exterior tool, then import it back.
    Otherwise, yes, you are correct.
    However, if the alpha channel is just flat colors, then MSPaint will do the job inside DXTBmp.
    I use a retro version of MS Paint for simple stuff and PSP7 for more complex things. (Other programs on rare occasions, but mainly those two.) Remember, you can switch back and forth between image programs with a click on the Prefs menu.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    You could possibly learn something here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nnin-Your-Game!

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

The "fine" adjustments are just to the right and left of the Volume knob below the freq band selector.
    Oops, my mistake.

Clicked on the Volume knob, but missed the clickspots on the left and right side of it. Mea culpa ...

Quote Originally Posted by kolbenfresser View Post
    Oops, my mistake.

Clicked on the Volume knob, but missed the clickspots on the left and right side of it. Mea culpa ...
    Not a problem Sir; I had to search for it myself. Sorry about the lack of documentation on those radios.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Well, after 4 years, we have finally completed all the Lockheed Rounder projects. There were other projects mixed in during that time of course but I am grateful for all the people who contributed resources, time, and talent in this series. Thank you all so much, and especially to many of you who contributed behind the scenes early on with invaluable reference material. And thanks to Firekitten (Rachael) who helped get these units pushed out since July; she was instrumental in making that happen. Nigel contributed so much right up to last year and I wish he could have been here to see it through. But, that's what makes this community great. We had lots of talented people step up in the last 6 months to make it happen. Thank you all.

Now, back to the Mallards and the A-20 Havoc.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    Thank you and the Team so much, Milton. The Lockheeds are a stunning and beautiful set of aircraft to fly in all our virtual worlds. And, of course, the Repainting geniuses who make it all even more realistic . Thank you all.

Andy.

Thank you Milton & Team and all who participated and stimulated and encouraged in one way or the other. The Lockheed are such an enrichment to the flightsim world. What an exciting and amazing project this has been!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Members +
    Many thanks, Milton & team, for allowing us to share the birth of many 'children'.
    We seem to have a lost child with the missing 'baby' for the Bounty?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Many thanks, Milton & team, for allowing us to share the birth of many 'children'.
    We seem to have a lost child with the missing 'baby' for the Bounty?

;-)
    The last I saw that was on Nigel's old computer before it crashed. Not sure if it survived the many months of lost time and interest.
    Maybe Nigel can speak to this.

EDIT: Sorry, OT, but I found it. Now where is that Bounty thread ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2015-dec-7-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2015-dec-7-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2015-dec-7-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2015-dec-7-008.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; December 7th, 2015 at 08:12.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Smile

It's been an honor testing these birds, Milton. You, Rachael and the whole team gave us some of the best FSX mods ever with these birds. Looking forward to the Havoc.

Another version of the previously released executive lodestar. Last one I promise

www.arpaints.weebly.com

Beautiful work and striking colors. Thank you Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    OH Yesssssss

That is stunning.

Pete.

A Lockheed "Rounder"

Hallo Milton, and all friends participating on those "magnifiques" airplanes you do for us.

as I did see when trying to make my little contribuations to the Tigercat project with my panels,
    to work for a plane - it is a lot of work and every day you discover other details to do.
    To make an aircraft beeing more complex - - -
    So a great Thank You!
    With you aviation comes back to be alive !
    And I still will continue to dream about that one day you will make us also for FS2004 a nicegerman plane.

Yours
    Papi

awesome paint Andre!
    Mark

Members +
    Andre, Many thanks & stunning stuff.
    Just a thought/request, & if you have the time, & as you have done a few fictitious skins, as it is the Dak's 80th this month, possible to do a skin for the Lodestar? Maybe in colours similar to the Shackleton? Also, a 'Steampunk' skin? (brassy & woodlook).

Many thanks once again, Robin
    (Remember, any time when you in Cape Town....)

SOH member Fredem PM'd me about the Lodestar's turn characteristics pointing out that the tendency to return to level flight in a turn did not seem correct.

I tested that and agreed, and therefore am offering a corrected version of the FM.

Quote from the Readme.txt file:

"Lockheed Lodestar Flight Model Update
    by Milton Shupe

Pertinent for all Lodestar variants by Milton Shupe

Description

The flight model has been updated to decrease [the ...] tendency to re-level the wings while in a turn.

The update allows the turn to execute with minimal tendency to return to level flight."

This update replaces your Lodestar.air file and directs you to change one parameter in the aircraft.cfg.

You can download the attached if you would like this change.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH member Fredem PM'd me about the Lodestar's turn characteristics pointing out that the tendency to return to level flight in a turn did not seem correct.
    As I didn't fly any Lodestar IRL, I don't know really if it's correct or not. But the way the Lodestar fly with the new update suit me perfectly ! A great THANK YOU Milton !!!

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Andre, Many thanks & stunning stuff.
    Just a thought/request, & if you have the time, & as you have done a few fictitious skins, as it is the Dak's 80th this month, possible to do a skin for the Lodestar? Maybe in colours similar to the Shackleton? Also, a 'Steampunk' skin? (brassy & woodlook).

Many thanks once again, Robin
    (Remember, any time when you in Cape Town....)
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to take a break from all repaints as I don't have the time anymore.
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Milton, and all friends participating on those "magnifiques" airplanes you do for us.

as I did see when trying to make my little contribuations to the Tigercat project with my panels,
    to work for a plane - it is a lot of work and every day you discover other details to do.
    To make an aircraft beeing more complex - - -
    So a great Thank You!
    With you aviation comes back to be alive !
    And I still will continue to dream about that one day you will make us also for FS2004 a nicegerman plane.

Yours
    Papi
    Thank you Papi. One never knows what tomorrow may hold but my focus for at least the next 10 months will be on the Mallards and A-20 Havoc.

It would be very difficult for me to do a German aircraft as I do not have the resources, the gauge inventory, or knowledge of any German or European aircraft. I seem to do best with 40's era American aircraft as that's where my parts inventory keeps me productive and efficient. That's not to say I would not model one for someone else to complete, similar to the CANT Z-1007 project I did with Manuele. I supplied the basic model (which he improved upon) and he did all the difficult time-consuming work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A Lockheed "Rounder"

Good morning Milton,

I should be yet happy with the fine aircraft you almost did for us and for the aircraft you will have in the tube.
    I perhaps next year just to take another challenge you will dcide to make an german aircraft let me hear , my ears will be open for you.
    I have some interesting detailed stuff about some german aircrafts (especially the Junkers Ju-86) at my home in france. I will send you by traditional mail what I have.
    For email it would really be too big.
    concerning the cockpit and gauges let it be my problem than.
    On the other hand to find doc about german aircraft it seems that it would be easier to find in america or england. When I searched docs I got a lot from england, america and norway. Here in munich we have a good museu but they are not cooperative at all. Seems they still have some problems with the past.
    Enough about this topic.
    I will look forward to the Havoc, the plane interests me as the ship was also flown by the french airforce.

solong
    and Happy engeneering
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to take a break from all repaints as I don't have the time anymore.
    Andre your work is deeply appreciated. Its great you had time for the lodestar!

Best regards :- )

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Hi Andre,

Thank you very very much for all the repaints you have made. Not only for the Lodestar but all other repaints also. Many of them grace the virtual planes I have in my virtual hangars.

Also many thanks for allowing me to make and release here at SOH the WIP Lodestar KLM repaints on the bare metal textures you had made. A great gesture.

I hope sometime real world allows you again to pick up the brushes and resume making your works of art.

Best regards,
    Maarten

Members who have read this thread: 82