A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 103
Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 353939596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks Willy

Just downloaded the Pacific Alaska Airways livery.

Off to do some coastal cruising up along the Alaskan Panhandle

Pete.

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    The outstanding Willie's Santa Fe livery remembered me I always loved (and love) the trains (Real & models) and I decided to make some liveries (fictional, of course) inspirated to the most known American railways Companies..... I started with the Pennsylvania RR in the classic maroon livery (passenger).....

Icon22

And these .....

The livery is for FSX (2048x2048), if You are interested in ......
    However I'll try to make also the dark green (freight) version.

Oh yeah!! That's going to be a must have. Outstanding work as usual.

And looking at them, I just realized an area that I've had wrong on my paints. I've got the ADF footballs shiney metal when they should be black. Off to make the change to the masters.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hi,

Will these beautiful liveries be created for FS9 as well? I tried adding in the different textures from the United Airlines set from Ferondoe, but all I created was a blank model, so I'm obviously not quite getting the hang of it. !

Andy

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

Will these beautiful liveries be created for FS9 as well? I tried adding in the different textures from the United Airlines set from Ferondoe, but all I created was a blank model, so I'm obviously not quite getting the hang of it.

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    OK, I'll prepare also the FS9 version.... During the SM.79CS's intervals !!!

Icon22

The Pennsy "Cargo" in the traditional "Brunswitch Green" .....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    I started with the Pennsylvania RR in the classic maroon livery (passenger).....
    Wowsers Manuele! Those are sensational liveries. Looking forward to the FS9 versions. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Oh yeah!! That's going to be a must have. Outstanding work as usual.

...snipped...
    Indeed, what Willy said
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi,

I had some serious assistance from djs here about bringing textures into FS9 from FSX and these textures are from the original download to prove to myself I'm not totally past it!

and it is with many Thanks I post these two here.

Also many thanks to Martial Feron for this beautiful repaint for the Lodestar from Milton and Team

Thank You all,

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsscr200.jpg   fsscr195.jpg  

Thank you very much, Willy and Martial, for the great repaints!

Cheers,
    Maarten

SOH-CM-2023
    The railroad and older airline repaints look great. Please continue.

My pleasure Andy. I'm normally asking for help on here rather than giving it so a very pleasant change for me.
    David

Finished the FSX version, need to do the FS9 stuff to the original bitmaps and package 'em up.

A somewhat obscure Swedish domestic cargo hauler.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air Taco.jpg   Airtaco.jpg  

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    I just uploaded the "Pennsylvania RR" liveries in two different packages (for FS9 & FSX), the FS9 version contains also DXT3 format textures while the FSX one contains HiRes 2048 x 2048 dds format textures. I hope You'll appreciate them. However I'm actually searching for "Great Northern" and "Southern Pacific" (Empire Builder & Daylight) docs ......

Like the Penn RR and Airtaco paints - hope to see them here soon!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Trying something new (for me) here. I just uploaded the Airtaco Lodestar to the Warbirds Library in a combined FSX & FS 2004 zip file.

Found an issue with the Airtaco paints and hope to have a fix out tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

I had some serious assistance from djs here about bringing textures into FS9 from FSX and these textures are from the original download to prove to myself I'm not totally past it!

and it is with many Thanks I post these two here.

Also many thanks to Martial Feron for this beautiful repaint for the Lodestar from Milton and Team

Thank You all,

Andy.
    Thank you to all for sharing your work! Was this United scheme a hard one to convert to FS9?

Hi,
    None of this is my work at all!
    This site has people of enormous talent who provide these wonders for us to enjoy and it is 'Thank you' to them.
    I have to say that I have shown myself to be incapable of working out how to transfer Textures from one sim to the other, and it was only with the examples sent to me by djs here on the Forum showing the procedure he uses that I began to see the trees in the wood. I have my doubts as to whether I have remembered enough to be able to do another one. There are lots of tips in this forum post alone which explain how it's done .
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Friends,
    I just uploaded the "Pennsylvania RR" liveries in two different packages (for FS9 & FSX), the FS9 version contains also DXT3 format textures while the FSX one contains HiRes 2048 x 2048 dds format textures. I hope You'll appreciate them. However I'm actually searching for "Great Northern" and "Southern Pacific" (Empire Builder & Daylight) docs ......
    Yes, bring on the railroad! They look great! I'll happily download any railroad liveries. Thanks!

Just changed out the original Airtaco zipfile with the updated one with the engine textures (Can't believe I left the darn things out). Now the engines will match the rest of the aircraft.

Manuele, I really like your Penn RR liveries!

But they may not be as completely fictional as you think. I can't verify it, but I believe that Penn Central Airlines was started by the Penn Central Railroad, which I think is the same company that was also called simply the Pennsylvania Railroad, back in the 1930s. Their early, overall maroon/red livery is one of the alternate decal options in the old Williams Brothers 1/72
    scale Boeing 247 plastic kit.

Their livery might very well have evolved into something like what you painted; it has a very late-40s/early-50s look about it. And if they'd stayed in business independently instead of merging into what became Capital Airlines, they might have flown Lodestars that looked a lot like your skins.

So you skins are fictional, but they have a suggestion of reality about them.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Manuele, I really like your Penn RR liveries!

But they may not be as completely fictional as you think. I can't verify it, but I believe that Penn Central Airlines was started by the Penn Central Railroad, which I think is the same company that was also called simply the Pennsylvania Railroad, back in the 1930s. Their early, overall maroon/red livery is one of the alternate decal options in the old Williams Brothers 1/72
    scale Boeing 247 plastic kit.

Their livery might very well have evolved into something like what you painted; it has a very late-40s/early-50s look about it. And if they'd stayed in business independently instead of merging into what became Capital Airlines, they might have flown Lodestars that looked a lot like your skins.

So you skins are fictional, but they have a suggestion of reality about them.
    Hi Mick,
    I think You are right, I just find this PCA logo on the Web :
    http://www.aerobernie.bplaced.net/lo...Centr-logo.jpg
    Its shape is clearly similar to the PRR one ..... But it seems the Penn Central was created in 1968 when PRR joined the NYC (NEW York Central) and the NHHR (NEW Haven).