A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 89
Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3979818283848586878889909192939495969799 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Thank you to Milton and ALL of his "Lockheed" staff for the out standing work, dedication, and time spent in making these aircraft come to life. Without your talents we in the sim world would only be dreaming of those aircraft that you make come a reality. THANK YOU again from a grateful patron. Well Done!!! Milton enjoy your vacation.
    Thank you Sir. I wish that Mark Rogers and Nigel were here for the launch.

With the Harpoon and Lodestar released, we will now focus on the Vega Ventura and the Mallard.

Firekitten is doing some awesome work on the Ventura right now, and Manecas is spiffing up the FS9 Mallard like you cannot believe.

And if that's not enough, ******** is making gems out of the FSX native F7F series and Tako_Kichi and team (Firekitten and DangerousDave, with some help from Paul) has the FSX native Mallard looking awesome with an all new 3D gauge based VC. There are some great things coming folks.

EDIT: Ooooops; did I fail to mention the F7F Tigercat series for FS9. Done awaiting the paint kit from ******** so we can get some textures started.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; September 3rd, 2015 at 20:15.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks to Firekitten, Maarten, WND, Andre, and Stuart for helping with last minute testing and changes to get these packages out today. They found issues and helped with changes making my job a lot easier. Thanks team :-)
    As always, I'm glad I could be of some assistance to ya !!!

WND

Outstanding work!!!! And Greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post
    Outstanding work!!!! And Greatly appreciated!
    Thank you Sir on behalf of the team. BTW, there are also other textures out there.

Andre has a website with a lot more textures. He will post a link in due time.

Gary Harper did National Airlines.

Wayne Tutor did the Lockheed L18 Continental.

Jeremy "rallymodeller" Oreskovich did several Canadian Pacific or Trans Canada liveries.

Maarten has at least one more with others as WIP.

I am sure there are others; just the ones I can think of right now.

The Lodestar has been uploaded to Simviation as well so keep an eye out there.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think this just about completes anything I have ever wanted for FS9! (Except for 2) Thank you everyone that has given us this gem!

Lodestar Paint Kit by Firekitten

And, do not forget Firekitten;s Paint Kit for the Lodestar here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=176&id=19968
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks to Firekitten, Maarten, WND, Andre, and Stuart for helping with last minute testing and changes to get these packages out today. They found issues and helped with changes making my job a lot easier. Thanks team :-)
    You're very welcome, Milton. I'm happy to be a member of this great team!

Hi,
    This is a wonderful Team Effort and a tribute to all your various and beautiful skills. Thank you all so much. And to you Milton, for keeping them all under control.......

Andy.

You are a very busy man, Milton. My hat is off to you and your team for another outstanding aircraft, with a considerable amount of history I might add. I happen to know someone who flew the Continental L-18 when he was a younger man.

Thanks and much appreciated. Hopefully I will have some time to fly her this weekend.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thank you very much too you and all the team for these marvels.

A (silent) happy FSX port over user

Optimized for FSX as a Port Over; will not work in FS9.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...L-18-C-57-C60A
    Thanks for the FSX gift. Not sure if you are aware or not, but none of the radios/avionics are functioning. Comments posted in the Library Section for the download.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Invalid Data?!

I tried installing your Lodestar, it doesn't install a certain file and the rest of the files.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I tried installing your Lodestar, it doesn't install a certain file and the rest of the files.
    It installs documents, models, panel, aircraft config and most of the sounds.
    It does NOT install the rest of the sounds, sound config and textures.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    It installs documents, models, panel, aircraft config and most of the sounds.
    It does NOT install the rest of the sounds, sound config and textures.
    FSX or FS9 version? I haven't received issues from the other 400 downloads.

Have you tried re-downloading the file then re-installing?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Radio section of the Lodestar aircraft.cfg needs to be replaced with the following:

[Radios] // available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 0
    Com.2 = 1, 0
    Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1
    Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0
    Adf.1 = 1
    Adf.2 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 1
    Marker.1 = 1

This turns off the standby frequency capability which prevented changes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It was fs9 and I re-downloaded it and it worked.

Lockheed lodestar flight performance

Milton and team many thanks for all of your outstanding efforts in pushing this a/c to completion. Have never experienced such a 'can do' attitude - and all to produce an aircraft for FS2004 that has raised the bar yet again. Gentlemen and lady you have my respect and admiration.

Milton, I acknowledge your frustration with receiving so little feedback from your 'Beta' release, but to tell the truth I was hard put just keeping abreast on the concurrent production and continuing evolution of the existing Tigercat WIP; Harpoon WIP and what amounted to virtually a new a/c the L-18 and C-57 and C-60A variations. Then you announced the Grumman Mallard before the factory finalised the afore mentioned a/c.

Then, when I thought that all of those involved really had their hands full: You produced a galleon and Nigel started a suitable galleon harbour.

When I got around to circuits and bumps with the Lodestar, I personally found that the 'Lodestar.air' file produced on 6/28/15 at 2:15pm was clearly a more stable and flyable air file than the C57-60 air file of the 'Beta' release produced on 6/28/15 at 9:25pm. The C57-60 air file coupled to a full a/c loading, produced a marked tendency to nose-up as if way out of trim. I could only do circuits by constant major adjustments of trim just to try and keep the nose to a reasonable angle. Adjustments of the load (mainly forward) helped but did not solve this continuing issue of nosing up.

Unfortunately I thought that the obvious shortcomings of the C57-60 air file would be noticed by all but apparently not!

With the 'Alpha' release I thought that the handling problem had been resolved by the use of the older Lodestar.air file. Unfortunately this appears to be the c57-60 air file re-named and so the flt performance is little changed.

Am I the only one in the squad 'out of step' or am I missing something really fundamental. Bear in mind that my sole area of flt testing consists of take offs under max load conditions, a change to 20% fuel load and some dropping off of pax/cargo before conducting a circuit and landing under whatever weather conditions pertain at Gary Summons excellent rendition of the short airstrip at Cumbernauld in Lanarkshire UK.

I am only mentioning all of the above as I have so enjoyed Milton's team productions over the last decade and their really satisfying 'hand-flyer' flt models.

Rgds
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Milton and team many thanks for all of your outstanding efforts in pushing this a/c to completion. Have never experienced such a 'can do' attitude - and all to produce an aircraft for FS2004 that has raised the bar yet again. Gentlemen and lady you have my respect and admiration.

Milton, I acknowledge your frustration with receiving so little feedback from your 'Beta' release, but to tell the truth I was hard put just keeping abreast on the concurrent production and continuing evolution of the existing Tigercat WIP; Harpoon WIP and what amounted to virtually a new a/c the L-18 and C-57 and C-60A variations. Then you announced the Grumman Mallard before the factory finalised the afore mentioned a/c.

Then, when I thought that all of those involved really had their hands full: You produced a galleon and Nigel started a suitable galleon harbour.

When I got around to circuits and bumps with the Lodestar, I personally found that the 'Lodestar.air' file produced on 6/28/15 at 2:15pm was clearly a more stable and flyable air file than the C57-60 air file of the 'Beta' release produced on 6/28/15 at 9:25pm. The C57-60 air file coupled to a full a/c loading, produced a marked tendency to nose-up as if way out of trim. I could only do circuits by constant major adjustments of trim just to try and keep the nose to a reasonable angle. Adjustments of the load (mainly forward) helped but did not solve this continuing issue of nosing up.

Unfortunately I thought that the obvious shortcomings of the C57-60 air file would be noticed by all but apparently not!

With the 'Alpha' release I thought that the handling problem had been resolved by the use of the older Lodestar.air file. Unfortunately this appears to be the c57-60 air file re-named and so the flt performance is little changed.

Am I the only one in the squad 'out of step' or am I missing something really fundamental. Bear in mind that my sole area of flt testing consists of take offs under max load conditions, a change to 20% fuel load and some dropping off of pax/cargo before conducting a circuit and landing under whatever weather conditions pertain at Gary Summons excellent rendition of the short airstrip at Cumbernauld in Lanarkshire UK.

I am only mentioning all of the above as I have so enjoyed Milton's team productions over the last decade and their really satisfying 'hand-flyer' flt models.

Rgds
    Mal
    Mal, thanks for that feedback. I will look into this.

Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I did notice this on takeoff with full compliment of fuel and payload too, but I just trimmed accordingly to correct the situation. Also, a "no flaps" takeoff and going light on the throttles seems to help keep the nose down, but you're right, Vonernsk, the plane does nose up considerably whilst being flown under the conditions you describe. I just didn't think much of it at the time.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

It would be helpful when describing an issue, if you would be specific about the aircraft configuration at the time.

For example, if I have entered the pattern, at 144 mph, I drop the gear (this gives me a bit of a nose down attitude and additional drag), and as I level out and slow to 115 mph, I immediately deploy flaps 1 to add lift and provide more nose down attitude. With flaps lowering, I need to push forward on the control wheel to offset the initial nose up attitude, I must add power to offset the drag and maintain 115 mph.

During my downwind leg approaching my base leg, I am descending at 300-500fpm and turn to base.

On my turn to final, I am 1000' above the runway and prepare for descent. I hold altitude at 115-120 mph until my descent begins.

With a full load on descent I deploy the 2nd notch of flaps and allow speed at to bleed down to 110 mph. I adjust power as necessary to hit my numbers.

As I near short final, I ease off the power a bit to cross the fence at 90 mph.

As I flare, I ease off the throttle and let her settle in with a 3-point landing.

So, what are your conditions when you are nose high (I get about 2.5-3.5 degrees at 115mph with gear down and one notch of flaps, straight and level, fine pitch, and 34" MAP.)

With that said, I am looking back at the dated FM you mentioned.

Also, what sim are you using?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Alternative Air Crew textures

Firstly, massive thanks to Milton and Team for the Lodestar.

Just a small contribution here - alternative WWII era flight crew textures (knocked out quite quickly).

I'm no texture artist, and these weren't as straight forward as could have been - the jacket arms come from the top of the trouser (sorry- PANTS!) area of the texture, so far from perfect.

Ideally intended for 'Good Time Gal', but don't look too out of place in the RAF schemes.

Thought I'd share as I've not seen any other pilot retextures yet.

Cheers, A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screencap_001.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Firstly, massive thanks to Milton and Team for the Lodestar.

Just a small contribution here - alternative WWII era flight crew textures (knocked out quite quickly).

I'm no texture artist, and these weren't as straight forward as could have been - the jacket arms come from the top of the trouser (sorry- PANTS!) area of the texture, so far from perfect.

Ideally intended for 'Good Time Gal', but don't look too out of place in the RAF schemes.

Thought I'd share as I've not seen any other pilot retextures yet.

Cheers, A.
    Thank you Sir; I like variety in these things and your textures look great to me. And that copilot seems to need a mustache :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes Milton,

Your description of a Lodestar circuit tallys with mine. However I did find that with the 'Alpha' airfile and cfg load set up I was constantly correcting a tendency to nose up and having to use excessive trim to correct this.

I have just reverted back to your 'Alpha' release air file but took the liberty of re-balancing the pax/cargo load by the simple expediency of placing all loads (excluding crew and fuel) at the 0.000 point.

I find that this re-balance makes flying this beautifully modelled a/c much more relaxing.

Will probably still revert to the 'Beta' Lodestar air file as it still (to me and my set up) has a nicer feel.

Apologies for being so picky over such a lovely a/c, but just felt that flying it seemed too hard work for such a well loved workhorse.

I am still with FS2004 and just recently upgraded to WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT, but, apart from the loss of my a/c preview box, FS2004 is very stable and giving me a slightly smoother experience.

Thanks again Milton and team for this gift.

Mal

To all who had a hand in this project: THANK YOU! It turned out great. Milton, thank you for the radio fix. I was kind of wondering what was wrong. I have worked up some FSX Views for the Lodestar and will post them below. Just copy and paste into your Aircraft.cfg below the General section.

[CameraDefinition.0]
    Title = "Tail"
    Guid = {5c1df273-034b-4e7f-953a-9d5e26f1646c}
    Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = .75
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 0, 7.5, -30.0
    InitialPbh = 10, 0, 0
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
    Title = "Right Wing"
    Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}
    Description = View from the right wing tip looking at the cockpit
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 15.8, 1.3, 0.0
    InitialPbh = 8, 0, 270
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect = FALSE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
    Title = "Left Wing"
    Guid = {f25dfa2e-fd2e-4b89-81e2-0575cbcb60de}
    Description = View from the left wing tip looking at the cockpit
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = -15.8, 1.3, 0.0
    InitialPbh = 8, 0, 90
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect = No
    ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title = "Copilot"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.8
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=90
    HeadingPanRate=90
    InitialXyz=0.76, 0.0, 0.0
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
    Title = "Passenger Compartment"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-3E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 1.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=90
    HeadingPanRate=90
    InitialXyz=0.45, -0.2, -5.0
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

Yes Milton,

Your description of a Lodestar circuit tallys with mine. However I did find that with the 'Alpha' airfile and cfg load set up I was constantly correcting a tendency to nose up and having to use excessive trim to correct this.

I have just reverted back to your 'Alpha' release air file but took the liberty of re-balancing the pax/cargo load by the simple expediency of placing all loads (excluding crew and fuel) at the 0.000 point.

I find that this re-balance makes flying this beautifully modelled a/c much more relaxing.

Will probably still revert to the 'Beta' Lodestar air file as it still (to me and my set up) has a nicer feel.

Apologies for being so picky over such a lovely a/c, but just felt that flying it seemed too hard work for such a well loved workhorse.

I am still with FS2004 and just recently upgraded to WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT, but, apart from the loss of my a/c preview box, FS2004 is very stable and giving me a slightly smoother experience.

Thanks again Milton and team for this gift.

Mal
    Hi Mal,

I appreciate that you raised this issue. I see it and am evaluating how to proceed.

I do find that if when reaching 125 knots (the max speed you can deploy gear and flaps), if you drop gear and flaps, there is no issue with nose up here.

Secondly, you can move empty weight CoG to:
    empty_weight_CG_position = 0.5000, -0.000, -0.000

it helps a bit.

I will try load re-balancing as well to assess the affects.

Also found that the contact scrape point.7 is a bit too low causing sparks when the tail wheel touches down.
    Change as follows to eliminate that issue and still allow for wheels up/belly landings no problem:

point.7 = 2, -33.5, 0, -0.0, 800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9

I will have these improvements in a future update, after my vacation. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82