A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 80
Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3070727374757677787980818283848586878890 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Blog Entries
    So awesome!

Thanks Rally for doing the TCA and (hopefully) the CP paints!

Great job Milt et al!

dl

I remember when you rolled this bad boy out of the hangar the very first time, Milton. The model was an overall dark grey and the red lights were on inside the cockpit which gave the Harpoon a sinister, ghostlike, somewhat "evil" look... lol! Matt Wynn, Nigel and myself all made comments, and chuckled about it.

An amazing journey for this plane. From its early grey texture less appearance, to what the finished product looks like now. You all have done a magnificent job so the ouzo's on me, (courtesy of Nigel and Matt, of course). She's in the "build hangar" as we speak... and a big THANKS for your work.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Ah yes Tom; I barely recall that. I did not include Matt's original texture as there are a couple of changes that need to be made due to mapping differences now. I have PM'd Matt and maybe he will make those changes for the Harpoon and the Tanker.

I have the Tankers ready for upload but waiting to see if I can get Matt's fixes done first.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

thanks Milton and the team..!!! theses are really sweet, and still a hand flyer..!!!! CHEERS..!!

rgds
    t creed

The attached Harpoon templates are for Matt Wynn should he show up here to make necessary changes to his paints.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the comments from all of you who helped support and cheer this project along since 2011. You have been most patient and helpful in your research, feedback, and encouragement.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello,Milton,

-Milton thank you and your Team!!
    Very nice machine, as usual!

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The attached Harpoon templates are for Matt Wynn should he show up here to make necessary changes to his paints.
    I think Matt hangs out in the FSX Forum from time to time. The last time I saw any posts from him he was painting the FCS Lancasters. That was a while back.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Harpoon Fire Tankers Uploaded

I PM'd Matt so maybe he will step in, otherwise we will get the issues resolved in other ways.

I decided to upload the Fire Tankers even with the small issues. Once they are resolved I will post a link in the original download description so the fix can be easily gotten, and give a heads-up here.

Both the FSX port over and FS9 only versions have been uploaded. They are necessarily different due to the retardant drop programming differences between the sims.

The downloads should be available shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Milton,Tom,Scott,Nigel,Firekitten(and anyone I missed)!
    One awesome way to start a weekend!

Oops
    Last edited by HorusJ; August 14th, 2015 at 15:25. Reason: Oops

I am Rachael Whiteford

and thanks , but the real thanks goes to Milton, Nigel and co for the huge work... I just helped Milton out with some final bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    I am Rachael Whiteford

and thanks , but the real thanks goes to Milton, Nigel and co for the huge work... I just helped Milton out with some final bits.
    Ha! Not to be understated, if it were not for Firekitten, the Harpoon would still be sitting in the dustbin of "could have beens". Thank you Rachael
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'll have the TCA '47 paint uploaded here as soon as I can figure out why the SOH server keeps telling me my 8Mb zip file is "too big for the filetype" (which is 512Mb). I did upload it over at Flightsim, so it'll be there pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    I'll have the TCA '47 paint uploaded here as soon as I can figure out why the SOH server keeps telling me my 8Mb zip file is "too big for the filetype" (which is 512Mb). I did upload it over at Flightsim, so it'll be there pretty soon.
    Strange indeed. Can you attach it here in this thread?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sure can. Here we go:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great! That's a start; more than one way to get the job done. :-) thank you very much

EDIT: En-route to Vancouver
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Glad you like it. I am so happy to have these to work with. I'm an absolute sucker for Lockheed propliners, and these are tops.

Is it too soon to start bugging for a cargo version? <ducks>

Glad you like it. I am so happy to have these to work with. I'm an absolute sucker for Lockheed propliners, and these are tops.

Is it too soon to start bugging for a cargo version? <ducks>
    Well, thank you for that and the livery

Oh, I think the C-60A should work just fine for that cargo .... don't you?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton!! I'm reworking the Harpoon paints I did for the WiP to go with the release versons. The Civvy cargo one is getting some touch ups once the Navy 2C "Empire Express" is reworked as I started the SW Pacific race in it last night. I'll upload both FS9 & FSX versions
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Thanks Milton!! I'm reworking the Harpoon paints I did for the WiP to go with the release versons. The Civvy cargo one is getting some touch ups once the Navy 2C "Empire Express" is reworked as I started the SW Pacific race in it last night. I'll upload both FS9 & FSX versions
    Thanks Willy

Uhhhh, didn't you crash that Harpoon last night??? Blamed it on the weather as I recall; Gosh, hope you are okay.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh, I think the C-60A should work just fine for that cargo .... don't you?
    "Sure," he said, completely forgetting about the military Lodestars, "that ought to work just fine."

Thanks Willy

Uhhhh, didn't you crash that Harpoon last night??? Blamed it on the weather as I recall; Gosh, hope you are okay.
    It was the WiP that I crashed... I'm still not used to FSX ground textures and didn't realize that I was trying to set down on an embankment until it was too late. (hey, from a distance, it looked like some flat ground just before the threshold & I was trying to land it like a DC-2 which I've been flying quite a bit lately) Note to self, keep some power on while coming in over the fence...

I've redone the Empire Express paint and have it up and going as a release version PV-2C now instead of the WiP D.

Uh, quick dumb question. On the civilian 2C, where are the upper gun port textures located? On the WiP, I just painted the nose and covered them up that way. With the release version, the ports are bare metal.

(also my Navy crew mods work fine with the release version and I'll include them in the upload as extra bits)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

OMG! This is just BEAUTIFUL! Both the Harpoon and Loadstar are a delight to fly. Just one question: I can't seem to open the bay doors independently with the Shift + H key. Mine is assigned to the tail hook. I can open them only with the Shift + E +2 keys. What do you think I'm doing wrong?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

"Sure," he said, completely forgetting about the military Lodestars, "that ought to work just fine."
    Well, I guess the paratroop seats may be a loading issue. Adding cargo boxes can be done but a lot more to texture, and of course, poly restrictions ... but we shall see.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    OMG! This is just BEAUTIFUL! Both the Harpoon and Loadstar are a delight to fly. Just one question: I can't seem to open the bay doors independently with the Shift + H key. Mine is assigned to the tail hook. I can open them only with the Shift + E +2 keys. What do you think I'm doing wrong?
    Stoney, not sure which aircraft your question refers to ... or which doors.

The Harpoon bomb bay/torpedo doors are as you mention with the Shift + E +2 keys.

The Lodestar cargo doors ... two function with the passenger door command, the other two are not working. I will likely change them all to function with the passenger door open sequence.

Oh, BTW, the tail hook command is used by the Harpoon to open the electrical box on the floor between the seats.

The wing fold command is used to open the pilots' windows.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82