A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 67
Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1757596061626364656667686970717273747577 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Hi,

I have adapted Milton's panel for the PV-2C and was trying to add your repaints to that model...that didn't work at all !

When I switch to use the Lodestar L-18 WIP and add the panel, the 2D works perfectly, but the VC, even though it works as it should, has overlaid the original VC and you can still see where it doesn't quite match up. Is there some way to lose the 'underneath' VC?

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

I have adapted Milton's panel for the PV-2C and was trying to add your repaints to that model...that didn't work at all !

When I switch to use the Lodestar L-18 WIP and add the panel, the 2D works perfectly, but the VC, even though it works as it should, has overlaid the original VC and you can still see where it doesn't quite match up. Is there some way to lose the 'underneath' VC?

Andy.
    Hi Andy

If I understand the problem you need to change all areas in vc02.bmp that are Black (0,0,0) to something else. I used (8,8,8) and that changed it from transparent to solid.

Andre
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

Andy.
    The panels are very different between the Harpoon and Lodestars. As much as they may look similar, very different. The 2D panel is the same but it is just temporary until the VC is done.

You must use the Lodestar panel setup. Just paint the panel bmps, VC01, 02, 03, 04 in the panel folder.

Or, use the attached as something temporary for the Lodestar..
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi,

Thank you for the bmps !

Andy.

Commercial Air Services Lodestar

This paint scheme was used after 1967.

https://app.box.com/s/yr72tzi5b87vdlryczzaj9x4waw4wi2x

www.arpaints.weebly.com

Sabena lodestar

Hi

During WWII Sabena managed to maintain their Belgian Congo routes, but all European services ceased. All photos I have are black and white, so I've gone for Olive Drab and Night. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or if anyone knows the actual colors?

The other problem is although I do not have any alpha reflective textures in the paint, there is lots of reflection off the aircraft which is supposed to be a matt finish. I'm using the default FS9 envmap.bmp, so I'm not sure how to kill the reflections.

www.arpaints.weebly.com

Hi,
    These are wonderful repaints Thank you for uploading them.

Andy.

Hi André,

The livery for these was Olive Drab over Neutral Grey. The first two of Sabena's seven Lodestars (OO-CAI & OO-CAJ, both civilian L-18-07s) were delivered in a bare metal livery, albeit with the same tricolor markings as the later camouflaged ones (OO-CAK, OO-CAO, OO-CAR, OO-CAS & OO-CAV, all five 'military' C-60A-LOs, part of a diverted RAF order)

Very nice work Andre; thank you.

The specular glare value of 37 is what I normally use. If I lower it, the glare will be less intense but spread over a wider area.
    Once I get the paints installed, I'll experiment with it.

@Okami, that's great info to have; thank you for sharing it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I will be releasing updated flight models (some say FDE's) later today for the L-18 and C-57/C-60A to fix a bunch of the issues.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 28th, 2015 at 14:23.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This is GREAT!!! New paints to put on the Lodestar, a revised FM... Makes flying the model very enjoyable in the developmental stages. OK, nuf' said. I already have too many posts in the FS9 Forum for one day.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Flight Model Updates for the Lodestar L-18 and C-57-C60A

Attached are both the FS9 and FSX FM's for the L-18 and the C57-C60A WIP releases.

These are very different between the sims so use the correct ones please.

Please make a backup of your cfgs so that you can copy over any [fltsim.x] changes you have made.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sabena Lodestars

Thanks for the info Okami, great to hear from you again. I will be doing the other Sabena schemes, just need a few days to finish them.

Thanks Milton. When the camo textures are available for download you can experiment. Sounds like you can't have both matt and glare in the same model.

Other Sabena WIP's

www.arpaints.weebly.com

Hi André,

Glad to be of help!

Two minor corrections, though: The two 'civvy' Lodestars of Sabena (OO-CAI & OO-CAJ) were L-18-07s with P&W Hornet engines, rather than the later Twin Wasps.

http://www.bamfbamrs.be/Bahl/display...561&fullsize=1

Also, the Lodestars never had a white top in Sabena service, this livery was only introduced in about 1952-ish. I know a picture exists which appears to show OO-CAJ with a white top - however, this is merely the sun's reflection on her bare metal roof!

http://www.bamfbamrs.be/Bahl/display...549&fullsize=1
    http://www.bamfbamrs.be/Bahl/display...543&fullsize=1

Thanks Okami. I'll make the necessary changes.
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Here's a nice Lodestar interior ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think my personal ride Harpoon is coming along nicely. Still a bit more detail work to do, but I just did the first test flight with the alpha layers. Also a shots of the VC. And a custom Harpoon logo that I did for it.

Almost ready to start a round the world flight.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flight 19-2015-jun-29-003.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-29-004.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-29-005.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-29-006.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-29-008.jpg   Flight 19-2015-jun-29-009.jpg  

Harpoon Right.bmp  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Willy,

That looks great! Looks like a lot of fun fixin' to happen there. :-)

BTW, the cowling intakes you show are very light colored, by design?

That was an area I remapped by Nigel's request so he could darken that area of teh cowling under the upper lip.

Not sure you have the latest engine templates so I attached here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That is an area that I hadn't figured out which part of the texture mapping covers. Thanks for the texture mapping! I'd about decided to just leave it be, but now I can revisit it. Also, I think I got one of the P&W logos on the side of the cowlings upside down.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    That is an area that I hadn't figured out which part of the texture mapping covers. Thanks for the texture mapping! I'd about decided to just leave it be, but now I can revisit it. Also, I think I got one of the P&W logos on the side of the cowlings upside down.
    Yes, the bottom right of both maps shown in attached.

The area highlighted is beneath the upper intake housing and part of the cowling surface beneath it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

They look good Andre!
    Willy that looks good too. I like the repaints.
    And Milton, that cabin interior in that photo looks nice too. I plan to paint the cabin so it might look something similar to that in the photo. The wall behind the cockpit seats has both sides mapped to the same texture though as I found when painting the vc. The vc textures i'm doing are coming along nicely so I'll post a couple of screenshots later today.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    They look good Andre!
    Willy that looks good too. I like the repaints.
    And Milton, that cabin interior in that photo looks nice too. I plan to paint the cabin so it might look something similar to that in the photo. The wall behind the cockpit seats has both sides mapped to the same texture though as I found when painting the vc. The vc textures i'm doing are coming along nicely so I'll post a couple of screenshots later today.
    mrogers,

I mapped the sides separately as shown here. Are you saying that both sides get painted when you do the cockpit side?
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 29th, 2015 at 18:16.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, that's right, both sides. That template you're showing looks a bit different from the Lodestar template though? Or is there an update I've missed?
    Edit:I think that must be the template for the Mallard?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Yes, that's right, both sides. That template you're showing looks a bit different from the Lodestar template though? Or is there an update I've missed?
    Edit:I think that must be the template for the Mallard?
    LOL Yup it is. Got my hands crossed with so many things happening now.

I am working on the Ventura, looking at Willy's Harpoon paint, and watching the Mallard progress, and got confused on what you were working on and what I needed to look at. :-)

I will change the mapping to add the cabin side of that Lodestar panel next to the cockpit side, just to the right of it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Lodestar Model Updates

The attached contains updates to the four Lodestar model folders.
    Corrects the cockpit/cabin wall mapping so they may be painted differently.

4-model replacement folders for the L-18s and the C-57 and C-60A
    1-2048 template of the cabinwalls.bmp
    1-texture replacement for the FS texture folders
    1-readme
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82