A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 63
Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353555657585960616263646566676869707173 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    One thing I have noticed missing from the C-57/C-60 folder is the air file.
    It was in the package Sir. You might check your original download.

EDIT: I just downloaded the package; it contains an air file. Please verify your download.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Will check. I downloaded them from the Warbirds Library yesterday morning and downloaded the updates this morning.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Will check. I downloaded them from the Warbirds Library yesterday morning and downloaded the updates this morning.
    Download from the add-ons library. See the home page.

After downloading, then apply the V2 model updates.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Was my mistake Milton. Checking the open file in WinZip and went to delete the "Fileid.diz" file and deleted the air file instead. Eyes getting old .

All good now. Now to get the paint pots out and make things look more like they should.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hi Milton, thanks for releasing the Lodestar as a WIP, (and the updates) I took it up for the first time today and it handles very well. Those big fowler flaps certainly do slow the plane down quite a bit! An interesting sidenote, in WWII RNZAF Lockheed Hudson pilots never used full flaps but only used 2 thirds flaps for landing. So I only used 2 thirds flaps and that was enough as I could see it was going really slow!!

One thing was missing, no sound folder in the L18 folder so I had to copy the one over from the C57-C60 folder.

I really do hope the Lockheed projects will be fully completed, it may take time but it will get there hopefully!

I look forward to the Ventura when it's released in its WIP form. Hopefully I'll give both planes a set of clothes using the paintkits.
    Mark

Was my mistake Milton. Checking the open file in WinZip and went to delete the "Fileid.diz" file and deleted the air file instead. Eyes getting old .

All good now. Now to get the paint pots out and make things look more like they should.
    Good! I look forward to your work Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Hi Milton, thanks for releasing the Lodestar as a WIP, (and the updates) I took it up for the first time today and it handles very well. Those big fowler flaps certainly do slow the plane down quite a bit! An interesting sidenote, in WWII RNZAF Lockheed Hudson pilots never used full flaps but only used 2 thirds flaps for landing. So I only used 2 thirds flaps and that was enough as I could see it was going really slow!!

One thing was missing, no sound folder in the L18 folder so I had to copy the one over from the C57-C60 folder.

I really do hope the Lockheed projects will be fully completed, it may take time but it will get there hopefully!

I look forward to the Ventura when it's released in its WIP form. Hopefully I'll give both planes a set of clothes using the paintkits.

If you have not done so, browse through the Lodestar Operations folder; there are a few goodies and good reading in there. :-)

Yes, flaps deployment is at slow speeds and not much is needed per the book.
    Those high end flaps are for very short, and grass/dirt strips where you would like to touch down around 66 knots.

Not sure if I left the sounds out purposely and forgot to mention getting them from the other package, or if I just forgot. :-)
    The sounds are the same for both.

Re: Ventura, I want to add the center electrical panel before I release her. She should be ready soon.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This may be helpful for those trying to paint the panel overhead.

Screen shots of the OH panel and gauges out of gmax ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am preparing a cumulative update 3 that addresses:

1) Spot view Visibility of panel and gauges through side windows
    2) Reanimated cargo doors using new xml and corrected aircraft.cfg exits for 5 doors
    3) Elimination of panel 40 due to streaming comm gauges; swap with panel 60
    4) Reanimated prop feather knobs (to pull instead of push)
    5) Corrected FSX OH panel switch animations
    6) Corrected pilot pedal texture mapping included in previous update
    7) Corrected missing curtains in L-18
    8) Added sounds for L-18

This update will be included in the original main download and description will be updated to reflect "includes all updates to version 3".
    The updates will be replacement folders for models, panels, added sounds (L-18 only), and aircraft.cfg.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The main download archives for the L-18 and C57 & C60A have been updated to update level v3.

This supersedes all previous downloads and updates.

Working on update level 4 now; will require a few days.

Special thanks to "WND", Mr. Bill for his very thorough testing to help identify many of these issues.

You can download the packages to get the updates to models, panels, L-18 Sounds (same as C-57/C60), and aircraft.cfgs.

No changes were made to textures or docs folders.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton

Found a small error in the mapping of the C-60A with the Wright engines. The inside of the starboard Wright engine air intake is not mapped. Not a big deal, but as the port engine and P&W engines are mapped, I'm sure its just an oversight.

Thanks for all the updates.

www.arpaints.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    Hi Milton

Found a small error in the mapping of the C-60A with the Wright engines. The inside of the starboard Wright engine air intake is not mapped. Not a big deal, but as the port engine and P&W engines are mapped, I'm sure its just an oversight.

Thanks for all the updates.

Ah, thank you Sir. I will add it to the list for the next series of updates.

Greatly appreciate that find. :-)

EDIT: Attached is a new eng1w_t.bmp 2048 template that shows the corrected mapping for the C60A and L18-Wright aircraft. I will include the model in the next update. If you need the model beforehand for testing, just ask.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; June 11th, 2015 at 18:15. Reason: add fix
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,
    Thanks for your wonderful work on the Lockheeds :- )

Running only P3D these days, and the ship looks good even as a WIP.

This is a dreamy plane to handle over burbank.
    The FSX conversion will be a dream indeed!
    Again my thanks for your continued efforts

best from Olympia WA,
    Brady

Hi Milton, I thought I'd let you know that I've just downloaded the L-18 version to try as a port-over in FSX and found an issue with all the glass in the windows. I have no glass at all in both interior and exterior views except for the glass in the wind deflectors on the outer corners of the windshield. Not sure if a FSX compatible version is on the cards or not but felt you should know about the problem.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    Hi Milton,
    Thanks for your wonderful work on the Lockheeds :- )

Running only P3D these days, and the ship looks good even as a WIP.

This is a dreamy plane to handle over burbank.
    The FSX conversion will be a dream indeed!
    Again my thanks for your continued efforts

best from Olympia WA,
    Brady
    Thank you Brady; we still have a ways to go yet but making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Hi Milton, I thought I'd let you know that I've just downloaded the L-18 version to try as a port-over in FSX and found an issue with all the glass in the windows. I have no glass at all in both interior and exterior views except for the glass in the wind deflectors on the outer corners of the windshield. Not sure if a FSX compatible version is on the cards or not but felt you should know about the problem.
    Yes Larry; typical port over issue especially with glass whenever scenery or clouds are on the far side of it (which is most of the time). The wind deflectors are textured both sides but I do not usually put glass in the cockpit. I may try that for FSX to see how it responds.

No one has volunteered to convert this project to FSX native, but it is a bit premature at this time. Still have a lot of things to improve on or work through it appears.

Thanks for your feedback; greatly appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A Lockheed "Rounder"

Hallo friends,

here is a screenshot of my Lodestar panel.
    I mixed a picture found on the net with Gaucho's Lodestar dashboard and the original
    gauges from the release.
    This 2D panel is quiet for from to be finished.
    Tips to how to improve it would be apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo friends,

here is a screenshot of my Lodestar panel.
    I mixed a picture found on the net with Gaucho's Lodestar dashboard and the original
    gauges from the release.
    This 2D panel is quiet for from to be finished.
    Tips to how to improve it would be apreciated.
    Hello Pappi,

The panel looks awesome already!
    I'm very much looking forward to the final version.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Update V4 fixes some minor things; painters not affected beyond a minor starboard cowling touch-up.

Updates include, but not limited to:

1) Fix mapping for starboard engine cowling of the Wright series
    2) Glass material update to increase opacity and highlites
    3) Co/Pilot side lower knee console extended to behind ECU
    4) Removed Parking Brake lever from pilot's lower knee console
    5) Corrected Engine lever control knob colors
    6) Added L/R generator switches to overhead console, right side
    7) Corrected see-thru issues right exhaust, both nacelles
    8) Included eculeverhsg template for repaint purposes. The existing (previously distributed) one is labeled incorrectly beside the levers.

Model replacement folders and replacement aircraft.cfgs for simple update.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I'm wondering where the texture for the winscreen frames are? I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I'm cobbling together some textures for the virtual cockpit...it's just a rough work in progress, the end result will look a bit better hopefully.
    Oh and BTW, thanks for the v.4 updates.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lodestarcockpitwip.jpg  
    Mark

Milton, I'm wondering where the texture for the winscreen frames are? I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I'm cobbling together some textures for the virtual cockpit...it's just a rough work in progress, the end result will look a bit better hopefully.
    Oh and BTW, thanks for the v.4 updates.
    The windscreen framework should have been on the cockpitwalls.bmp. I see that it is missing.

I have added it and now need to re-export the models to include that.

Give me 2 hours or so to get it done and uploaded.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attached is the L-18/C57-60 V5 update that corrects the cockpit windshield frame mapping oversight.

It contains replacements models, a replacement texture, and a new 2048 texture template for the painters.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, it is much appreciated. Looks better now.
    The cockpit wall and seat textures are from an improved set of textures for the default DC3 that somebody did, I would have to ask that author for permission to use them if I want to upload. The floor textures are from a freeware C206 as well, also I would have to ask again as above. I think I'll do another set of textures for the VC to match that of Micheal Vader's panel.

I'm now working on adapting the cabin textures from the Howard 500 to the Lodestar's cabin and seats, so I think Milton would be happy with that. The textures are pretty old, but they'll do I guess until someone makes some photorealistic ones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lodestarcockpitwip2.jpg  
    Mark

Chopping up this beautiful Lodestar ????

Hello Milton,

I have downloaded the WIP L-18 model and paintkit and I am in awe of this exquisite product !
    But I have discovered (I think) a dangerous situation that may cost you the nose of your machine.....
    Have a look at the prop tip.....

You might wanna look into that.

Awesome plane and awsome textures coming up

Cheers,
    Jaap de Baare

Quote Originally Posted by spraycan View Post
    Hello Milton,

I have downloaded the WIP L-18 model and paintkit and I am in awe of this exquisite product !
    But I have discovered (I think) a dangerous situation that may cost you the nose of your machine.....
    Have a look at the prop tip.....

You might wanna look into that.

Awesome plane and awsome textures coming up

Cheers,
    Jaap de Baare
    LOL Jaap :-) Great to see you my friend. Looks like a loose engine mount or the prop collar is giving up!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, it is much appreciated. Looks better now.
    The cockpit wall and seat textures are from an improved set of textures for the default DC3 that somebody did, I would have to ask that author for permission to use them if I want to upload. The floor textures are from a freeware C206 as well, also I would have to ask again as above. I think I'll do another set of textures for the VC to match that of Micheal Vader's panel.

I'm now working on adapting the cabin textures from the Howard 500 to the Lodestar's cabin and seats, so I think Milton would be happy with that. The textures are pretty old, but they'll do I guess until someone makes some photorealistic ones!
    That is looking much better mrogers. :-)

Would it be possible for you to add shading or shadows on everything below the panel, in the pedals area, floor, side kick panels, walls, etc to look more realistic?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, I'll see what I can do with the shading and everything.
    BTW, I saw the same thing on my Wright Cyclone engined Lodestar, like Spraycan's P&W Lodestar! I think you'll have to get out the old hacksaw and trim back the prop tips.... And grinder to round them off afterwards! LOL!
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 82