A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 37
Page 37 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2729303132333435363738394041424344454787 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Lodestar

Hi Milton,

PLEASE do the Lodestar. A number of us are eagerly awaiting that important aircraft. Regards, Bill

will be back in my paint Hangar in the early hours, trying to spread work out across several projects at once... hope to have the VC textures wrapped up before Tuesday....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    will be back in my paint Hangar in the early hours, trying to spread work out across several projects at once... hope to have the VC textures wrapped up before Tuesday....

Thanks Matt. Greatly appreciate your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Milton,

PLEASE do the Lodestar. A number of us are eagerly awaiting that important aircraft. Regards, Bill

Thanks Bill. Your preference is noted.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Milton,

Both...?????

Looking forward to the Lodestar here as well.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I've read somewhere that the Lodestar and the Ventura both had the same wing. Was the Ventura MkII the solid nose version with the Martin turret? (same as that on the Harpoon) Milton, you already have some components on the Harpoon that can be used in building the Ventura.

Looking very much forward to the Harpoon.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I've read somewhere that the Lodestar and the Ventura both had the same wing. Was the Ventura MkII the solid nose version with the Martin turret? (same as that on the Harpoon) Milton, you already have some components on the Harpoon that can be used in building the Ventura.

Looking very much forward to the Harpoon.
    Sure :-)

From a modeling standpoint (and textures), practically everything about the MKII is different. Fuselage (though they say is basically the same, check cockpit windshield, side windows, overhead, bomb bay, and fuse tail) , wings (flaps, ailerons), engine cowlings and nacelles, tails, main gear, and then inside the cockpit is really different. To me, it is a whole new project; same with the Lodestar.

Not saying I will not do one or both, just understand it is not a clone of the Harpoon with different tails. In my view, everything is different.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Sure :-)
    To me, it is a whole new project; same with the Lodestar.

Not saying I will not do one or both, just understand it is not a clone of the Harpoon with different tails. In my view, everything is different.
    Hi Milton,
    A vote for the Lodestar from this desk :- )

thanks for the great teamwork and awesome modelling.

cheerio
    Brady Fowler

Hi Milton

This is looking great. I am looking forward to this aircraft and will appreciate it as you release it. Not worried about the variants just want what you have done. A great addition and I am grateful for your s and other hard work.

Actually I wouldn't mind putting in a plug for one variant though as I see you are not averse to them.

Could you please,please, please, please do the Ju88A through G variant of the Harpoon. I mean its just a bit of a change to the nose, and fuselage, and wings, and tail and.....and the Do217M variant and the ....

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by padburgess View Post
    Hi Milton

This is looking great. I am looking forward to this aircraft and will appreciate it as you release it. Not worried about the variants just want what you have done. A great addition and I am grateful for your s and other hard work.

Actually I wouldn't mind putting in a plug for one variant though as I see you are not averse to them.

Could you please,please, please, please do the Ju88A through G variant of the Harpoon. I mean its just a bit of a change to the nose, and fuselage, and wings, and tail and.....and the Do217M variant and the ....

Cheers
    Paul
    LOL Thanks Paul; I am on it!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by padburgess View Post
    Hi Milton

Cheers
    Paul

Aha!

I spy a kindred spirit!

Those are precisely the versions I'm angling for Paul.

So may I be outlandishly presumptuous and guess the, THE...
    surely, it can be no other version of the Lockheed Harpoon than the...

He 111...there, I've said it.

So, Please, please, PLEASE Milton - be a good sport and give us this particular version of the Harpoon (a little advice: its ever so easy, just chop off whatever is 6 rivets forward of the leading edge and then just weld on a glass cone.

Lockheed Harpoon - Me 110 variant anyone?

Oh heck guys, where'd yo'l go sa fast...
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Aha!

So, Please, please, PLEASE Milton - be a good sport and give us this particular version of the Harpoon (a little advice: its ever so easy, just chop off whatever is 6 rivets forward of the leading edge and then just weld on a glass cone.

He 111?? What the bloody heck is that? It doesn't look ANYTHING like a "Poon" and it has inline engines. Whatsa' Me 110, Nigel? Have you been hittin' the ouzo stash? I'm gonna have to tell Matt you've been rading the supply hangar again.:isadizzy:

BB686 :USA-flag: (And then there were THREE).
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    He 111?? What the bloody heck is that? It doesn't look ANYTHING like a "Poon" and it has inline engines. Whatsa' Me 110, Nigel? Have you been hittin' the ouzo stash? I'm gonna have to tell Matt you've been rading the supply hangar again.:isadizzy:

BB686 (And then there were THREE).
    Does too!...spitt'n cott'n pickiin' image.:isadizzy:
    Getcha eyes tested son, you've been looking at that red lit night panel far too long.

And in anycase, neither does a Lockheed lodestar look like a Lockheed Harpoon, not one incy wincy bit (I've seen photos of it).
    Even them engines are kinda, well...different?

In fact, it is my considered opinion that a conversion of the Grumman Tracker to Lodestar would be more expedient.

For your information cleverclogs, the 110 was just a few minutes before the He He 111, only it was a me and not a he...
    (Me got there first...just ask Paul 'padburgess').

The point is, it was commonly refered to in the Lufthansa Reserve as a 'Loooodestar' or sometimes 'Lodenstaren'!

And it only needs about 80 - 90 polys.

Oh! I'd better put this :USA-flag: somewhere for safekeeping too.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Did you mean Tuesday October 9th, or Tuesday October 16th.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

sorry guys, been bed-ridden (still partially am) since Sunday evening... got a heck of a cold/flu going on, the cold/flu doesn't bug me but the headaches... oh man, borderline migrane...

will get it done at all costs, 48hr rush on it if i have to... and you know i ain't gonna take "rest up" as the answer, i'll be flat out

sorry guys, been bed-ridden (still partially am) since Sunday evening... got a heck of a cold/flu going on, the cold/flu doesn't bug me but the headaches... oh man, borderline migrane...

will get it done at all costs, 48hr rush on it if i have to... and you know i ain't gonna take "rest up" as the answer, i'll be flat out
    Oh man; sorry to hear about that!

There is no rush to rush, no deadlines. Take care of yourself. Meanwhile there is much to do yet so rushing to the 10 yard line is not the end game. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Don't rush to finish the project, rush to get some bed rest and get better. Your health is far more important than anything anyone will ever do in FS.

Yes Matt, better do as Doctor Shupe and Doctor Sundog advise. Assistant Brouwer does advise you the same. Flu and migraine are no joke at all.

Test Pilot

Hey Milton
    On medical leave for staph infection (yeow!!...we'll talk sometime) I flew PV2's in the 70's for Gypsy Moth infestation spraying (USDA) I'm your man for test flying so send me the poop!...

• :salute:

Your Olde SBY to BWI Dash 7 Chauffeur
    Capt. Pete (Peedy) Mercy
    captmercy@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    Hey Milton
    On medical leave for staph infection (yeow!!...we'll talk sometime) I flew PV2's in the 70's for Gypsy Moth infestation spraying (USDA) I'm your man for test flying so send me the poop!...

• :salute:

Your Olde SBY to BWI Dash 7 Chauffeur
    Capt. Pete (Peedy) Mercy
    captmercy@cox.net

Hey Pete, long time, no see. Great to see you here. Interesting to have 3 RW Dash 7 pilots on this forum. :-)

I'll be happy to include you in the testing, both the military variant and the tankers. Same for the Dash 7's. Hope your situation improves quickly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Matt, are you okay? Have you conquered that bug?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Aha!

I spy a kindred spirit!

Those are precisely the versions I'm angling for Paul.

Ah yes, the "Z" does look doable. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bumping this up from the bottom of page 2.

Any news?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Bumping this up from the bottom of page 2.

Any news?
    Matt is out of the country until November 17th so the textures are on hold.

Meanwhile, I have sent the the models and the UVW mapping texture templates to "ferondoe" to get a parallel texturing operation going.

Aside from that, I am working with Nigel on the Avia57, Mike Kelly on the Dash 7 variants cargo and interior goodies, and with Duckie on the XP47H model getting her ready for textures. Great progress on all fronts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82