A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 35
Page 35 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2527282930313233343536373839404142434585 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

:salute:.....

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

bump? what can i say i have the parts from Milton, work has started but i've no way to check it at present till i can get on my Desktop... most likely a few days away yet....

and BB...... "Yoink!" :USA-flag: *Runs off towards usual airfield*

Trying to wrap up interior/VC textures, get some labeling done on the ECU and knee panels, added a few misc. items but generally, the model is now in good shape I think.

Scott Thomas will provide our remaining gauge needs this week coming so I can wrap up the panel.

The sounds and FM are done.

Once Matt finalizes this round of textures (and there are a few little things left to do), we can begin assembling a beta package for the 6 models.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    bump? what can i say i have the parts from Milton, work has started but i've no way to check it at present till i can get on my Desktop... most likely a few days away yet....

and BB...... "Yoink!" :USA-flag: *Runs off towards usual airfield*
    All in good time, I reckon. I just wanted to keep the thread alive. BTW, Matt... I didn't "Yoink" your flag, mate... I just borrowed it without permission with full ententions on giving it back. But then I ran into Nigel at the airstrip.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The sounds and FM are done.
    Well...almost.

Just wait till you get your hands on sound-X (version 2) Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    All in good time, I reckon. I just wanted to keep the thread alive. BTW, Matt... I didn't "Yoink" your flag, mate... I just borrowed it without permission with full ententions on giving it back. But then I ran into Nigel at the airstrip.

BB686

:USA-flag: The thread's alive alright - the Poon's living!...breathing!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I was joking with Milton about this the other day, FM's are never really "done". Like counting the sides of a "circle".

T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I was joking with Milton about this the other day, FM's are never really "done". Like counting the sides of a "circle".

T
    LOL The hard work is done; that is getting flight characteristics the way we want them. :-)

As a matter of fact, I am going through the cfg now cleaning up some minor contact point issues (sound types, extension/retraction times, scrape points, and drop tank settings), getting the lights right (for military and civilian models), ensuring effects are okay (changed the vclight position and color and effect name), and verifying other parameters throughout.

Should have it to your shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    " .... Should have it to you shortly .... "

Oh Yeah

Looking forward to the release.

Pete.

Lockheed Harpoon Model "D"

... is born and has wings. A few more things to do before shuttling her off to the paint shop.

This one will be done to generally represent Taigh Ramey's restoration.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmar...7376/lightbox/

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...r/index-18.png

I wonder how much trouble it would be the add this one-off aircraft to the line up ??
    Its the Lockheed Ventura used to test the R-3350 engines for the L-049/C-69 Constellation.
    The nickname Ven-Stellation was used as I recall. This would nicely round out the FS Constellation series.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post

I wonder how much trouble it would be the add this one-off aircraft to the line up ??
    Its the Lockheed Ventura used to test the R-3350 engines for the L-049/C-69 Constellation.
    The nickname Ven-Stellation was used as I recall. This would nicely round out the FS Constellation series.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Hi Stefan :-)

Interesting aircraft for sure. There is absolutely nothing on that aircraft that is shared with the Harpoon that I can see.

It appears closer to a PV-1 in some ways but any kind of body changes like this one is essentially a whole new model, exterior, interior, FM, textures, etc. Maybe share a 2D panel and possibly the VC panel with a PV-1.

Maybe it just isn't evident the work that goes into creating a close variant. But once you make fuselage or wing changes, nacelle changes, engines changes, it's a whole new ballgame.

I will be sharing my gmax source when the project is done. If anyone wants to try to mold that from this, they are welcome to do that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I will be sharing my gmax source when the project is done. If anyone wants to try to mold that from this, they are welcome to do that.
    sounds a good plan! hope someone whacks some floats on it...

... and yes i realise i have a fascination with floats...

Blog Entries
    Milton; There are 2 wooden shipping crates outside your hangar Sir.

Some big bold stencliled lettering with 'P&W'...

Aha; must be Arnie Saccnuson!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    sounds a good plan! hope someone whacks some floats on it...

... and yes i realise i have a fascination with floats...
    Fascination is it sunshine!, How would you feel if 'someone' whacks some floats on YOU?!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Fascination is it sunshine!, How would you feel if 'someone' whacks some floats on YOU?!!!
    like i did when i was 4... loved it! floats meant swimming, always have had a healthy fascination with exercise and the impossible

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    You are the George Lucas of flight models, Tom!

Been thinking hard about picking up this new model kit: http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=21...RTN=04662&sp=1
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

That thing is just nuts! Love it! :d
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lockheed Harpoon Tanker

The Fire Fighting Tanker now has wings and a good start, model variant number 8.

That should do it folks. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Stefan :-)

Interesting aircraft for sure. There is absolutely nothing on that aircraft that is shared with the Harpoon that I can see.

It appears closer to a PV-1 in some ways but any kind of body changes like this one is essentially a whole new model, exterior, interior, FM, textures, etc. Maybe share a 2D panel and possibly the VC panel with a PV-1.

Maybe it just isn't evident the work that goes into creating a close variant. But once you make fuselage or wing changes, nacelle changes, engines changes, it's a whole new ballgame.

Hi Milton,

It was definitely Ventura based PV-1 most likely. The changes on the real thing were limited to a chopped off nose to make room for the large props to swing through.

I was hoping you would say you'd share the Gmax source....it will definitely be a great starting point.
    We already have the correct engines and gauges for the C-69

Cheers
    Stefan

The Fire Fighting Tanker now has wings and a good start, model variant number 8.

That should do it folks. :-)
    There she is! Awesome! Thanks Milton! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Milton; There are 2 wooden shipping crates outside your hangar Sir.

Some big bold stencliled lettering with 'P&W'...

Aha; must be Arnie Saccnuson!

Ahhhh yes ... here we go .... will get out the pry bar and have a look. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

It was definitely Ventura based PV-1 most likely. The changes on the real thing were limited to a chopped off nose to make room for the large props to swing through.

I was hoping you would say you'd share the Gmax source....it will definitely be a great starting point.
    We already have the correct engines and gauges for the C-69

Cheers
    Stefan
    Always willing to share the source; all you have to do is ask. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    There she is! Awesome! Thanks Milton! :salute:

Hope to have her done by Monday evening and ready for paint.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm looking forward to the tanker version! Actually all of them really! After looking at Matt's work, that inspired me to look at the Howard.

An awesome build... thanks Milton! -TF

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I'm looking forward to the tanker version! Actually all of them really! After looking at Matt's work, that inspired me to look at the Howard.

An awesome build... thanks Milton! -TF
    You are welcome.

I patterned the tank after this one on a Ventura as it was the best looking of the "home builts" I have.

Not sure if Matt wants to paint the tanker for the release package or if we need a volunteer. I'll wait to hear from Matt.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82