A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 11
Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192161111 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks; that's the configuration I used. :salute:

Now, as an enemy fighter, not sure I would want this in my face, or area, or neighborhood.

Hardpoints (and various accessories), tanks, nose guns, and antennae added.
    Outstanding work Milton... love your twin powered birds!!! I seemed to fly most of your aircraft than any of the payware stuff.

p.s. A-26 worn cockpit textures available... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post713967

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking absolutely cracker, Milton! I can't wait to do a repaint of it hopefully to represent an examnple that the RNZAF had for a short time! Thank you for all your work which is just looking so good!
    Is it one of those things on your WIP list tto smooth over that odd part sitting under the tail stabilizer?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Is it one of those things on your WIP list tto smooth over that odd part sitting under the tail stabilizer?
    All the photos I've seen show a pretty distinct fillet there, looks spot-on to me?

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Looking absolutely cracker, Milton! I can't wait to do a repaint of it hopefully to represent an examnple that the RNZAF had for a short time! Thank you for all your work which is just looking so good!
    Yes, I just have a basic structure there, still a WIP.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Scary AND beautiful

Thanks; that's the configuration I used. :salute:

Now, as an enemy fighter, not sure I would want this in my face, or area, or neighborhood.

Hardpoints (and various accessories), tanks, nose guns, and antennae added.
    Man, this is beautiful, and stunning, and scary. And yes, when I saw the pic I said HOLY %$#@!

And the pic maked a really fine wallpaper!

I am really really looking forward to this.....

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    Man, this is beautiful, and stunning, and scary. And yes, when I saw the pic I said HOLY %$#@!

I am really really looking forward to this.....

I am enjoying doing this one, and I look forward to doing the Lodestar as well.

I pulled out the Grizzly yesterday to compare firepower and all I can say is, it's a good thing this wasn't built earlier in the war. Amazing firepower.

Is anyone still flying this model?

Original Paints by Damian Radice.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yep, I still fly it...

I am enjoying doing this one, and I look forward to doing the Lodestar as well.

I pulled out the Grizzly yesterday to compare firepower and all I can say is, it's a good thing this wasn't built earlier in the war. Amazing firepower.

Original Paints by Damian Radice.

I still fly it occasionally, it is a beautiful model and I really like the cockpit, but I tend to fly the Beech DS18 and Kansan more as I've had a love affair with Kansans ever since I saw one as a kid. I also still fly the Tigercat. I'd love to se a few more repaints for that one, I thought B-24 guy was working on a NATC yellow scheme but I never saw it come out. I'm trying to teach myself how to do re-paints, and I'm working on an orange "tug' version. Gotta say when you try to teach yourself something like this it makes you respect the masters even more....

Every now and then I take the Pussmoth out too, something about the lines ion that one......elegant and graceful are the words that come to mind.

I still fly the Grizzly too. Although the Beech 18 is my favorite. As great as the Harpoon is looking and I want it, I'm looking more forward to the Lodestar.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Yep. Easily my favorite VC. Like all of your aircraft, a nice 45-48fps even at treetop level in big cities, wonderfully-smooth gauges, and downright fun to fly. I'm a ridiculously picky guy, but I never found a single fault with this one. Another masterpiece.

Oh yeah, the sounds...wow. Can't remember who did them.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Lodestar means Aussie repaints

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

i fly the grizzy...mostly at night..the cockpit looks great with the instrument lights after sunset..!!

rgds
    t creed

i still fly the Grizzly too, fast on the deck and in altitude, well harmonized controls and smooth gauges.
    Wonderful bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascua02 View Post
    i still fly the Grizzly too, fast on the deck and in altitude, well harmonized controls and smooth gauges.
    Wonderful bird!
    Yessirree!!! What's not to love about the Grizzly...? One of my all time favorites from Milton and Company.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

It's just hard to imagine what the 75MM automatic reloading cannon could do and how it would sound. It must have been an awesome weapon.

I plan will finish the Harpoon exterior Friday and then I will move on to the VC.

I will likely map the exterior for textures this weekend to discover and eliminate any mesh issues.

I haven't had a texture artist step up for this yet, although Nigel will do the sounds and Fliger will do the flight model.

I have no panel gauge programmer on this project as Scott will be busy until the Fall months.

If necessary, I will use Scott's gauges from the era and cobble something together but I would really like to see this done well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, the Grizzly with it's 75mm would have made a very effective anti-shipping aircraft.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    All the photos I've seen show a pretty distinct fillet there, looks spot-on to me?
    Well, Patful, I know the stabilizer sits on a raised step but the fillet gradually curves up smoothly from the fuselage rather than what looks like flattened ball that the stab is sitting on.....
    Mark

Gentlemen,

The nature of these projects is that they evolve through many iterations, at least for me. Every part on this model has be revisited many times. Every part has an evolution based on pictures I have and acquire over time. It starts with a basic likeness of a 3-view and gets molded as real world pictures show more details. I cannot do anything perfect to real world and have no intention of doing so. But I will do the best "likeness" I can with the information I have with the ability I can muster. In the end, the texture, sound, panel, and flight model artists do what I can't do and that is bring her to life.

So over time, improvements get made and we end up with a decent likeness to enjoy. Hopefully that will be the case here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I don't even have my grubby little hands on it and I am enjoying it!
    But seriously Milton,your the artist,its your canvas and you are doing an damn good job! I challenge anyone that critiques your work to try and do better!:salute:

Joel

Thanks Joel but don't misread my comments. I do appreciate input and feedback from anyone. It is very helpful. When I am focused on one thing, I do not see many others and it is these comments that allow me to shift my attentions. Its why I continue to display the in-progress work. Can you imagine not seeing it until the end of project and all the issues surface then? :-) Not good.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Joel but don't misread my comments. I do appreciate input and feedback from anyone. It is very helpful. When I am focused on one thing, I do not see many others and it is these comments that allow me to shift my attentions. Its why I continue to display the in-progress work. Can you imagine not seeing it until the end of project and all the issues surface then? :-) Not good.
    I wish more developers had your attitude! Too many seem to keep their projects under double super secrecy until finished. If they are intimately familiar with the type they are reproducing, that works out ok, but if not, then often there are errors in the model. Milton, your work is most definitely in the payware class. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for the flight sim world.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Whoops.Sorry. My bad.Coming from a artistic family I thought you where getting upset with others suggesting you change this and alter that.I apologize everyone.I am just really excited about this project(I take it we all are).

Joel(foot in mouth)

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Whoops.Sorry. My bad.Coming from a artistic family I thought you where getting upset with others suggesting you change this and alter that.I apologize everyone.I am just really excited about this project(I take it we all are).

Joel(foot in mouth)
    Bah! No problem; I appreciate your enthusiasm and support. Maybe you guys can help with some early alpha testing if interested.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Not sure where I could help in testing but I would be happy too in any way.:salute:

Joel

Milton will probably shoot me some flying pieces fairly soon to begin the usual tuning and testing. Perhaps at some time we will do about every R2800 powered aircraft?

Cheers: T

Members who have read this thread: 82