Mission Files Failed to Load in Prangs Bay/Biscay in ETO latest

Thread: Mission Files Failed to Load in Prangs Bay/Biscay in ETO latest

Mission Files Failed to Load in Prangs Bay/Biscay in ETO latest

Just got the 'Mission Files Failed to Load' error, after putting the two Bay of Biscay files for ETO/1.3 per instructions in ETO Era 2 Bob 'What If' Missions. Had sim in Spawn 1/Era 1 for install; sim otherwise fine. Guess its something in the Mission file doesn't like this version of ETO? Can't find it. Thinking the starting base location might need changing for later ETO??

Any clues please any one???? I've got no idea. Would like to see the Attack on Royan!!:salute:
    Regards all for Christmas

There is something like a facility missing.

Open mission with Mission Builder, a message will mention which facility is missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thanks very much. Will try.

Mission Editor didn't give me a message. Have attached the files, if anyone has time for pointers on a fix.

Attached Bay of Biscay Mission Files by PRang

Had a go at posting files here.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I just flew both of Prangs Biscay missions in ETO 1.40 (great missions)..
    ERA2 BOB
    Disable Random Spawns
    You start over water..

And fly the Beaufighter and also the Spitfire..

Check to see if you loaded all the spawns???

Disabled the Random Spawns ??? (Many missions run best with the random Spawns disabled)

I know from experience Prang builds these very well..

I Hope this helps..

Thankyou very much. I'm sure they are all high quality; I'm just wondering how to run it. Your comments will help; at least doesn't look like I have to look for a detail error.

Yes I loaded all spawns that came with it; might try reload/overwrite to be sure. The other two sets of that time, Gisela, and Duremberg etc are working super!

Great....will try spawns disabled, was only running in 'spawn1'.

Ps: Enjoy Christmas and New Year well.......sorry for the bad year; but gee I appreciate the guiding hand at times..Ian.

Random spawns didn't fix. Found three spawn files did'nt have 'opens with' defined in 'Propeties', changed to Notepad ( hope right ); still didn't fix. have re-extracted with RAR opener twice. Have down loaded mission files twice. Can only think something wrong with my ETO install. Unless the spawns above should open with XML editor instead of notepad. Couln't navigate from C drive to find XML editor to set properties, but think right as not all spawns open with XML Editor. Strange.

Wondered what type of RAR opener everyone uses?

I think their might be corruption in the files off the OZX server somehow, only in this mission (Have all other good downloads off OZX icluding ETO itself, fine)

Have downloaded 3 times, changed file openers, and mission works fine for others, Hobbitt.
    Taking Zepplins' suggestion, could be corruption in spawns; would do it.

Would anybody be kind enough (if time) to reply here with the Spawns only, as an Atatchment, please (is that possible)?
    So I can run it with known good spawns.

Otherwise, I'll try and find another download source. Suggestions?
    If the upload/server has errors I'll try contact Administrator and try for a fix.Thanks

Ten zipped files for Prang's Biscay missions...
    3 Spawns and 7 XMLs
    (not a fan of RAR files, I know, I know)

Thanks for the files, mate!!!! What a Gentleman. We'll see if this fixes it (grrr) once and for all. Standby, will advise.

To FireStormII. Sadly, that wasn't it. Looking like a strange quirk with my machine.

Don't 'spose you could do the same for the mission files and readme? (just checking all possibilities), please???

One last try. (Thankyou either way).

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Here it all is..
    Enjoy..

Hmm, back to square one...as you know, when you select an Era, that Era becomes current in the two folders; Missions and Uires. (also gsl and global_layer in the global_layer folder). So, if you selected Era 1, these missions go in bob_missions folder (Era 2), and not in missions folder. Some will select the Era of the mission to place it in the 'missions' folder. I'm just looking for a possibility, as this is an easily made error in the rush to fly Prang's missions!

Many thank to Hobbitt and Firestorm.

To Firestorrm: didn't know about current in two folders, but did select Era1/Spawn1 (always per Grizz. instructions) and put in BoB missions folder. (have wrecked twice, heaps of work, so always Era1/Spawn1, etc). Try the new set. If not; thinkink Win7, registry issues, complex?

Very Happy Christmas (again)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 1