Question for Model tweakers

Thread: Question for Model tweakers

Question for Model tweakers

Is there a way to make a part that is reflective so that it is non-reflective?

I have a project that I did a long time ago in FSDS, that has two small parts that I didn't get linked into the animations. So, when the animation is done those two parts wind up way out of place. Unfortunately by the time I noticed this, I had been through a hard drive crash and lost the source file.

I tried using the alpha channel to make them transparent, but I must have tagged the parts as reflective because now instead of red they are a bright silver/chrome....sigh. If I could change those two parts to be non-reflective, then I could make them transparent and release it as it was 99% finished when I had the crash.

Astoroth

Are the two parts on their own page, or are they on a texture sheet with other parts that need to remain reflective?

If they are on their own texture page, then I can quickly and easily remove the reflectivity coding from them. If they are on a texture sheet with other parts that need to remain reflective...then luck has run out.

Reflectivity tweaking can only be done to the entire texture sheet, not to individual parts on that sheet.

There may be a way to do individual parts via an extract of SCASM code, some serious SCASM editing and a recompile of the SCASM code back into a working MDL file.....but that is beyond my abilities.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are other textures on the sheet, but I don't care if the model is reflective or not. It's a very small model, and doesn't need to be reflective anyway.

Shoot me the model and I will kill the reflective texturing.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did yesterday morning, to the address you gave me in the PM.....

Will send again, maybe check your spam folder?

Members who have read this thread: 0