Rafale C for FS2004 - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rafale C for FS2004

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I have stepped off mine, too. I only get frustrated when I think about it. I'm just going to keep an eye on this thread and hope for the best.

BB686:USA-flag:
    Appreciate that and an occasional will keep the subject alive and increase the awareness of this very potentially negative issue (not only just to Mirage fans also if other manufacturers follow similar lines). At least until is is resolved and we all move on to the next big release.
    :ernae:

The situation is also discussed on a quite serious french "Defense" blog here :

http://www.opex360.com/2012/01/30/ra...ntellectuelle/

Big News :

Dassault Aviation Rafale just won the Indian Air Force MMRCA contract
    for 126 x multirôle combat aircraft !

Its here in french :
    http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/artic...6901_3234.html

With such a good news lets hope Dassault Aviation will be in a "good mood" to confirm
    permission to release the VPA Team Rafale for FS9 freeware !!! Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials.

VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    With such a good news lets hope Dassault Aviation will be in a "good mood" to confirm permission to release the VPA Team Rafale for FS9 freeware !!!

VaporZ
    Exactly. Hopefully now DA will begin to feel a little better about themeslves and not worry that some flight sim models are being better received than the real thing. That aside, this is very good news for the Rafale. Certainly a huge sale. I'm jazzed.

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Charter Member 2011

HO! Indeed

I thought Typhoon had all but taken this.
    I'm delighted Rafale won the order, a lifeline to Dassault and hopefully more of their wonderful aircraft.
    Let the repaints begin...

Most recent rumour imply the VPA team have proposed to Dassault Aviation to offer
    the exclusive download of the VPA Rafale for FS9 freeware directly from the official
    Dassault Aviation website !

If confirmed, this is a "very good move" proposal from the VPA team.

Lets wait and hope and see !

VaporZ

Most recent rumour imply the VPA team have proposed to Dassault Aviation to offer
    the exclusive download of the VPA Rafale for FS9 freeware directly from the official
    Dassault Aviation website !

If confirmed, this is a "very good move" proposal from the VPA team.

Lets wait and hope and see !

VaporZ
    VaporZ .. i begin to smell a "Vaporware" odour all around ...

Nous sommes trois, et l'un des trois, pour l'instant, préfère ne pas le distribuer tant que Dassault n'aura pas fait un geste. Il a ses raisons.
    We are three, and one of the three, for now, prefer not to distribute it as Dassault has not made ​​a move. He has his reasons.

Here is a memo of one of the 3 members of the VPA Rafale team from their own french forum :

In french :

Bonjour à tous ....les nouvelles :

très prochainement DA me fais parvenir par courrier une nouvelle proposition qui devrait nous satisfaire.....
    les semaines passent très vite mais je pense encore une fois que le bout de ce fameux tunnel est proche..
    merci à notre correspondant en inde pour le coup de main...

In english :

Hello everyone .... the news :

Will will soon received from Dassault Aviation a new proposal that coud be satisfactory for all parties
    involved !

Weeks passed very quickly but again I really think that we will soon reach the end of the tunnel !
    Thanks to our friends in India for the help !!!

Well there is hope !
    :salute:
    VaporZ

Thank you India indeed. Not only for putting the Rafale on the international map (in a very big way, 126 copies eventually) but also for hopefully making DA realize that they don't have to rely on flightsim enthusiasts as the only source of export profit for the Rafale. :salute:

Good News Indeed!

Any more news regarding this project ? Mike

Thumbs up

No good news so far
    Some forum member are begging for a release by PM as beta for test !

Posted today 03:00 am European Time on VPA french forum from "P" of VPA Team :

In french :

Bonjour,
    VOUS ALLEZ BIENTOT AVOIR DES NEWS D'ALEX, ET DES BONNES!!!!!

In english :

Good morning,
    we will have news from Alex soon et these are good ones !!!!!

Alex is the "A" of VPA team and is responsible of the negociations with
    Dassault Aviation.

Let take a moment and pray together !
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Alex from VPA have received the following message from Dassault Aviation :

In french :

nous avons reçu ce jour une proposition que je dois retourner afin qu'elle prenne effet :
    Après approbation par courrier du produit final qui sera délivré..
    Nous avons l'autorisation et uniquement dans le cadre de ses extensions de reproduire le RAFALE sur Flight Simulator (FS9-FSX) et pour le monde entier et d'en faire la
    publicité sur tous support.
    Nous avons l'autorisation de reproduire et d'utiliser les marques RAFALE, DASSAULT AVIATION et notamment le logo trefle dans les pays ou Dassault Aviation est titulaire
    de droits pour les 3 marques en question.

Je pense donc en effet que ce tunnel ce termine.
    Nous préparons actuellement un dossier complet pour l'approbation souhaitée et nous espérons vous délivrer très prochainement l'oiseau.

Toute l'équipe VPA vous remercie pour le soutien que vous avez su nous porter.
    Alexandre BAFFERT "AB-MAD"

In english :

We received this day a proposal which I have to turn(return) so that she(it) comes into effect:
    After approval by mail of the end product which will be freed(delivered)..

We have the authorization and only within the framework of its extensions to reproduce the Rafale on Flight Simulator ( FS9-FSX) and for the whole world
    and to make the advertising(publicity) on all support(medium).
    We have the authorization to reproduce and to use the marks(brands) RAFALE, DASSAULT aviation in particular the Dasssault logo "trefle" in countries or Dassault
    Aviation is a holder of rights for 3 marks(brands) in question.

I think indeed that this it the end of the tunnel.
    We prepare at present a complete file(case) for the wished approval and we hope to free(deliver) you very soon the bird.

All the VPA team thanks you for the support that you knew how to carry(wear) us.
    Alexandre BAFFERT " AB-MAD "

What can we say ? Yes ! Yes ! Yes !!!!!!!

VaporZ

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW! another great Fast Air on the horizon then! better get my virtual-a$$ into France to prepare to collect my Rafale when it's out....

fantastic news indeed! :ernae:

My virtual "arse" is already there... lol. I just need to clear a spot in my virtual hangars for this beauty when she finally arrives.

OKI DOKI .. case closed
    Now .. waiting for crash this plane and sue Dassault for technical flaws ...

... VaporZ, thank's well for news ... :salute:

( et un grand bonjour au Québec...)

Merci et bonne journée !! Thank's and good day !

Charter Member 2011
    That is great news indeed... what a lot of hoops to jump through for something that really is to the advantage of Dassault, eh?

If I were Rafale VPA I might be tempted to be a little naughty, and go make some money, just for insult

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    If I were Rafale VPA I might be tempted to be a little naughty, and go make some money, just for insult
    Haha. Very funny. But on the surface that seems to be what they will be able to do as long as they say it is for FS9 or FSX. I noticed that Alex started using the DA logo as his avatar over at their forum this morning.

Next question is, and of course this is the wrong furum to discuss this, but how does this effect Roland Laborie's FSX payware Rafale. And what about repaints of the VPA Rafale. Do they have to be pre-approved by DA? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but these are valid concerns to me.

Marcel DASSAULT 1892 - 1986

During the Second World War, having refused to collaborate with the strengths of occupation, he is arrested in 1940 as Jew by the French police. Arrested with his wife and his two sons, Claude and Serge, internees to Montluc and then to Drancy, he is deported to Buchenwald in August, 1944. He stays there eight months and is saved by Marcel Paul, member of the French communist Party and the leader of the secret organization of the camp, and also by Albert Baudet. He shows afterward his gratitude by naming guiding Albert Baudet of the publicity of the magazine "Jours de France" and by overturning every year a sum of money in the "L'Humanité" newspaper and in the federation of the transported convicts FNDIRP.

French: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Dassault

english: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Dassault ( Information less complete )

But He is dead, twenty five years ago...

Charter Member 2011
    I didn't realise, or had forgotten, that his surname was Bloch, and was responsible for 15 years of Bloch French aircraft in the '30's and 40's ...
    He changed his name from Bloch to Bloch-Dassaut then Dassault in 1949. Dassault was the pseudonym of his brother, General Darius Paul Bloch, in the French resistance and means "for assault", originally from char d'assaut, French for tank.
    His son Serge is now 86! but still active apparently in the family firm.
    Third-generation Dassault, Olivier (60) must surely start taking the reins of the parent group soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    That is great news indeed... what a lot of hoops to jump through for something that really is to the advantage of Dassault, eh?

Thought I saw a rack with some bottles of that stuff on it at the local "Grab and Go" the other day. Certainly happy that I don't have to purchase a real Dassault Rafale aircraft, just so I can have the VPA model for FS9. Crikey.... where the bloody heck would I park it? What would the neighbors say... (like I really care). I'm sure a police officer would slap a ticket on it. Besides... how the heck would I get it to the nearest airport, (now that opens up a new can of worms altogether, with the questions of "where the bloody heck would I park it?"). Geeezzz. OK, I've said my 2 bits and had a little fun.

This may be old news but I saw an english version of the FM for the Rafale over at the VPA website.

This is great news!

T.