Orbx Releases NZ South Island (payware)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orbx Releases NZ South Island (payware)

Orbx Releases NZ South Island (payware)

Kia ora Te Wai Pounamu!

At long last, 151,215 square km of the epicly scenic New Zealand South Island in full FTX glory! Embrace the majesty of the Southern Alps and the mighty Aoraki (Mount Cook: 12,316ft), the Cantebury Plains to the east and the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers on the west coast. There is an endless list of wonderful scenery to aborb; Fiordland, Marlborough region, Banks Peninsula, Milford Sound, over 3,820 lakes and much more. All major and minor airports have been given a complete upgrade and the region features brand new custom ground textures, native NZ tree models, precise autogen annotation and a spectacular 10m mesh. Like all Orbx FTX regions we include accurate roads, rivers, lakes, railways, bridges, vertical obstructions, shores, mudflats, glaciers and coastlines. This is truly one of the most anticipated Orbx releases ever!

• Over 151,000 sq km of FTX scenery!
    • Brand new beautiful ground textures
    • New trees made from local photographs
    • Roads, rivers, coastlines, lakes, rail
    • All major and many minor airports upgraded
    • Custom NZ airport objects and markings
    • Photoreal mountain peaks and glaciers
    • A huge number of polygon landclass areas
    • Hand-crafted landclass for the entire region
    • Seamlessly joins FTX Australia for tran-Tasman flights
    • Hand placed super-accurate autogen
    More info to be found at : http://www.fullterrain.com/product_nzsi.html
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Great somewhere new to explore! From the preview shots it looks stunning.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Do You know? Scenery is compatybile with landclass (the rest of Country) of New Zeland from vectorlandlass: http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/ .
    Both scenery works well in too same time?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Now THIS is great news!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Wow... 5 gigs of pure awsomeness.
    I just had a few small hops and now this dweller of the northern Alps has totally fallen in love with the southern Alps.
    How can you live there and not have a PPL?
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Woohoo! Another pressie to add to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Wow... 5 gigs of pure awsomeness.
    Lack of money?

Great scenery by the way. Well done Orbx! :ernae:
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Rimshot View Post
    Lack of money?
    Sell three sheep and you're good to go.
    Did I mention that I love stereotypes?

On topic... JV mentioned in a thread somewhere that Queenstown NZQN will get a special attention in the future... good choice.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You know? Scenery is compatybile with landclass (the rest of Country) of New Zeland from vectorlandlass: http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/ .
    Both scenery works well in too same time?
    The ORBX NZSI package is complete with its own handcrafted vector elements and landclass, designed to match its textures.

There is no need to combine it with VLC

The advantage of combining the Mesh, Textures and autogen together in the one package with upgraded airports is that all the elements work together.

Quote Originally Posted by hcornea View Post
    The ORBX NZSI package is complete with its own handcrafted vector elements and landclass, designed to match its textures.

There is no need to combine it with VLC

The advantage of combining the Mesh, Textures and autogen together in the one package with upgraded airports is that all the elements work together.
    This is swell and good for you Orbx but, for those of us with VLC and still wanting to fly in the North Island, what problems will arise using both NZSI and VLC simultaneously? E.G. A flight from Nelson (NZSI) to New Plymouth (VLC).

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    This is swell and good for you Orbx but, for those of us with VLC and still wanting to fly in the North Island, what problems will arise using both NZSI and VLC simultaneously? E.G. A flight from Nelson (NZSI) to New Plymouth (VLC).
    I have both now and will give it a try once I have NZSI installed.

Hi guys,

Both VLZ and ORBX NZSI replace some default autogen files with their own custom versions. Since only one global set can be active at any point in time there will be incompatibilities when both add-ons are active at the same time. Hopefully, though, the visible differences will be fairly minor (these are texture files only so we're not talking about crashes or other nasty issues). As mentioned in the NZSI manual we'll be posting information and, if possible, work-arounds or patches for VLC and other existing NZ add-ons in our compatibility forum.

Cheers, Holger

On first glance I didn't see any problems. Real NZ photo sceneries also seem to integrate quite nicely (only some mesh steps here and there).

I have it - I wonder what the LOD setting is in the photos on the product page?

Out of interest only - I am finding I can now have higher LOD settings now (due to item 4 on my complete links setup guide which is stickied under FSX Tweaks on this forum)

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Dunno lol I'm lucky enough to have been flying here for ten years :-) NZ truly is a great place to fly!

Slooooowly downloading!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Whitehawk, have you tried one of the other 7 servers ?

May I recommend to try Global 1 or 2, they are both CCDN pull/push networks

This is really really good!

I'm lucky enough to live in the Pacific Northwest and to have flown in and out of quite a few FTX airports in this area, like Orcas, Skagit, Anacortes, and Concrete. It's always been special to see how close they are to the real thing.

I'm also lucky enough to have visited New Zealand, for about 3 weeks, ten years ago. Getting to see it again is just so cool, and so very different from flying FTX in my local area. It's getting to go back there again and remembering what an amazing place it is. All those places we saw years ago are now back for me. I like it. :salute:

cheers,
    steve

Thanks JayKae, I'm getting full speed now, problem is my internet connection likes to drop and Free Download Manager isn't preventing that from corrupting the file lol.. Oh well It'll get done! Gonna be a good day :-)
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Excellent to hear and thanks for the kind words guys

Hesitant

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelL View Post
    On first glance I didn't see any problems. Real NZ photo sceneries also seem to integrate quite nicely (only some mesh steps here and there).
    Well, I am a little hesitant to purchase just yet. I have read at least one blog where the user comments that the standard isn't as High as PNW (which, while good, I found to be lower than ORBX Australia by the way) - I really hope he is wrong - but as I already have VLC and also Robin Corn's sceneries for NZ, I can pause my finger over the BUY button for a little while yet.. But if anywone else would like to chip in with some more observations I would appreciate it. For all those who have not made any investment in NZ scenery this will probably be a great buy.

Go and have a look at the Orbx screenshot forum mate and make up your mind then

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/for...y-screenshots/

I know which blog you are talking about and it is one man's opinion.

Did You noticed than NZSI has a problem if You have too Antarctica X ?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...40#entry352040

No trees/buildings of autogen if You have this two sceneries. If You deactivate Antarctica, NZSI has a custom buildings but no still autogen.
    For me problem extists on south part of Island.
    Examples:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I might as well throw in a few pictures:

Milford Sound:

nice rock textures:

view from 30.000 ft:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Did You noticed than NZSI has a problem if You have too Antarctica X ? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...40#entry352040 No trees/buildings of autogen if You have this two sceneries. If You deactivate Antarctica, NZSI has a custom buildings but no still autogen. For me problem extists on south part of Island. Examples:
    im having a few other problems with it as well

Attachment 54605

last time i looked its there and as i type its staring me in the face so god knows what the problem is

any ideas?

but if you find a fix for the autogen let me now please

Members who have read this thread: 1