Almost Done

Thread: Almost Done

Almost Done

About the only thing left is getting some statics around to put on the school tarmac.

A few more.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    A few more.
    Looking VERY good, Jim

Great looking scenery, Jim, of a great airbase! A good spot for those with T-38's in their hangars.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Now a Jim Dhaenens KGSB with target range would be very tasty hint hint
    -JB

I used to fly into Sheppard alot back in my turboprop days. Those buildings and hangars look great. Incidently, there are some lead in strobes to runway 17. The strobes were in a line that was arc'd, because they didn't want the visual approaches to 17 to overfly any ramps or taxiways.

Great job Jim. In that third pic of the second set, I recognize the Barracks row, chow halls and Hangars that I frequented while on TDY from Carswell to de-mil some F-16's for training. My son stayed in the student barracks across the street while there for Tech School. Your detailing is excellent.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    WoooHoooo!

Good to see ya back here Jim! :salute:

As always.... excellent work... really gets my mind working on ideas.

crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Nice job! Unfortunately, that brings back a few nightmares....

I last saw Sheppard in '78 when I went to Technical Instructor Course. Didn't see the flight line but from a distance. I love to fly the T-38A and that's the place to do it. Lots of little white rockets overhead back then. Maybe we can get a retro repaint for when they were white?

Excited to see this work looking so good. - Jim

I lived in the shadow of that water tower when I was a kid, and would walk to the golf course to get a closer look at the aircraft. It's unreal how the place has changed. They demolished our old Wherry house a couple of years ago. :-( The hospital, theater-turned-library, and Capehart housing are about all that's left from 1972.

Very nice scenery though. I'll have to try it if I ever move up to FSX.

that looks fantastic ..cant wait to try it

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Excellent work Jim!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Hmm , this really looks nice , and already mentioned , Now were is my T-38 :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    About the only thing left is getting some statics around to put on the school tarmac.
    Has this scenery been uploaded anywhere? It looks really good.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    That is ALOT of hard work! I am here to tell you. Scaling the buildings just right, placement, parking and taxi ways. Goodness man. That is a huge airfield. Nice work!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2023
    Very nice! A result of much research, talent and effort.

Thanks for the kind words all. I must confess that I made this on spec for Thunderhawk Studios for inclusion in their upcomming MMO called "Combat Pilot". I'm giving the studio first shot on licensing and depending on what we agree (or disagree) on, I'll let everyone know the where, when, and how's of distribution.

Thunderhawk Studios has licensed quite a few of my other NAS Sceneries for the game as well. I'm not privy to the game details, but IMHO they're starting out with some pretty good scenery....:redf:

Jim

Great to hear Jim, huge fan of all your NAS scenery, especially the ones I was stationed at real world.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0