Rising Sun theaters

Thread: Rising Sun theaters

Banned

Rising Sun theaters

I put a clean copy w/3.1 and 3.1a of CFS3 into Program Files\Microsoft Games\, the default
    location for the Rising Sun installation. Then I installed the first 7 parts of the install, ran those zappers, ran multicfs3, and ran a quick combat using
    cfs3.exe, not from the shortcut, but the shortcut icons are on my desktop. Then I installed part 8.
    Now, what must I do to change theaters :ques: because theaters don't change.
    Starting game with shortcut icon, the list of theaters come up and I choose 3 for Wake or 4 for Midway, Pearl runs and runs fine but other theaters
    won't run. I'm not surprised. I expected this. As far as I know, I followed the instructions to the letter very carefully.

Moreover, if I click on the batch file Rising Sun Theater Selector in the RS Folder, the theater screen comes up and I chose 3 - ENTER, Pearl starts.

Hi Rich

Change the path to your appdata-folder within the "Rising_Sun_Theatre_selctor.bat" as per instructions. Before doing that, run it once again and select 2 for pearl.

Cheers

Rich: Did the same thing, sort of. My fault; spelling counts!

As Italflyer said, Before you do anything, start the sim choosing Pearl.

Then edit the file Rising_Sun_Theatre_Selector.bat Make sure it is not read only before you try to edit or changes won't save.

The second line starting with CD "C\Documents and Settings..." should point to wherever your Documents and Settings are located. Usually the difference will be the hi-lited word , indicating the user name.
    CD "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"

The quotes surrounding the address are important.

Also look in the folder in your Documents and Settings and see if the 2pearl_uisel.bat and the six other such files are present. I got interrupted in the midst of installing and simply forgot to run the 8th installer!!!

:SINO
    CD "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"
    CALL 2sino_uisel.bat
    IF NOT EXIST pearl_missions GOTO earl_sino
    IF NOT EXIST wake_missions GOTO :wake_sino
    IF NOT EXIST midway_missions GOTO :midway_sino
    IF NOT EXIST png_missions GOTO ng_sino
    IF NOT EXIST avg_missions GOTO :avg_sino
    IF NOT EXIST philippines_missions GOTO hilippines_sino
    IF NOT EXIST sino_missions GOTO :SUCCESS

:PEARL
    CALL 2pearl_uisel.bat
    IF NOT EXIST sino_missions GOTO :sino_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST wake_missions GOTO :wake_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST midway_missions GOTO :midway_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST png_missions GOTO ng_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST avg_missions GOTO :avg_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST philippines_missions GOTO hilippines_pearl
    IF NOT EXIST pearl_missions GOTO :SUCCESS

:WAKE
    CALL 2wake_uisel.bat
    IF NOT EXIST sino_missions GOTO :sino_wake
    IF NOT EXIST pearl_missions GOTO earl_wake
    IF NOT EXIST midway_missions GOTO :midway_wake
    IF NOT EXIST png_missions GOTO ng_wake
    IF NOT EXIST avg_missions GOTO :avg_wake
    IF NOT EXIST philippines_missions GOTO hilippines_wake
    IF NOT EXIST wake_missions GOTO :SUCCESS

Hope this helps.

Banned
    I absolutely did run the 8th install. I did not forget to.
    Moreover, I have no "Documents and Settings" in Win7 64 bit.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Richcreator, do you know where your AppData folder is for Combat Flight Simulator 3?

Try looking in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.

The AppData folder for stock CFS3 should show as a folder named Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 in there.

I you ran MultiCFS3 for PTO Rising Sun, then you should also have a folder in there named CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________.

You will probably need to aim the Part 8 installer at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______.

Username=your name.

If you can find where your Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder is in AppData, you're there.

After you run the Part 8 installer to the location where your CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________ AppData folder is located (it has to be aimed INTO the CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________ folder in AppData), go into the CFS4 PTO Rising Sun main game folder, and look for the Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat file.

Make a backup copy in another location outside the main game folder.

Right-click on it and choose Properties.

UN-check the Read Only box.

Click Apply and OK.

Right-click on it again and choose Edit.

Scroll down until you see this:

:SINO

As I have mentioned above once you have found the correction of your AppData folder, you should see something like this: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______.

Simply copy and paste that location to between the quotes in :SINO

There are six more lines on down under the one that starts with :Sino.

Copy that location to all of them the same way you did to :Sino.

Save and close.

Right-click on Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat file again, choose Properties, check the Read Only box, and clikc Apply and then OK.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    ok ,,,i do have win 64 ,,your app file is hidden ,, im still doing a tutroial sunday with a member ... but i was directed ... for mine heres what yee do

open "c" drive ......and find a folder called users .. open it and exaplore each folder its in there hidden all of em

to do this

its there

i found em all . for now thats it lol

Richcreator, you want to also make sure that you right-click on the desktop icon and go to properties. Then select Compatibility. Put a check mark in the “run this program in compatibility mode for” and then select Window XP SP3 in the drop down box.NOTE: This is the only choice that will work. SP2 will not. In privilege level at the bottom select “run this program as administrator” Click apply. Click OK.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Banned

I can't SAVE

I changed all those SINO Target lines but when I go to File and choose SAVE (not SAVE AS),
    I get a SAVE AS window and the end result is ACCESS DENIED. as per the jpgs below:

Attachment 53942

Attachment 53943

Attachment 53944

Attachment 53945

I changed compatability to XP SP 3 but Run as Administrator at the bottom
    is greyed out. First time this ever happened. I have UAC turned off - way down to the bottom. I can Run As Administrator each time I start the game though
    with Properties.

Richcreator, make sure that when you right-click on the selector batch file and choose properties to look at the bottom for a little box with the words Read Only next to it. Make sure it is UN-checked before you try to edit the file. Once un-checked, click Apply and OK before trying to edit the file.

Then right-click on the file again and pick Edit.

After Editing, save the file.

Then right-click on it yet again and chd check the Read-only box, then Apply and OK again.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Banned
    Yes,Read Only is unchecked but when I click SAVE, Save AS comes up. WTF. After I edit this folder, I can't get out of it without cancelling my editing.
    Look like it's some Tiger Woods tonight on the ground.

Help with Rising Sun

Not computer literate but managed to install PTO RS and when I click on the short cut the CFS3 screen comes up and goes away and nothing happens? What should I do?

Rich you were trying to save it as a .txt file. I have attached the Rising Sun Theater Selector with your appdata directory path. I had to add the .txt for the file to be uploaded. Just remove the .txt from the file name and you should be okay.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by ferret1048 View Post
    Not computer literate but managed to install PTO RS and when I click on the short cut the CFS3 screen comes up and goes away and nothing happens? What should I do?
    Did you run the config.exe file? Need to set that up along with the display settings.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Banned
    I have Pearl Harbor. I have Wake Island. I have Midway.
    I copied the Theater Selector folder to My Documents and edited it there with no problem.
    Then I pasted it back to the root directory and all is fine. Thank you all for bearing with me until next time. :salute:
    BTW . . . . This morning I rented The Bridges at Toko Ri from Amazon for a day. WOOT! Reason being I'm in such a good mood!

still not running but trying hard

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Did you run the config.exe file? Need to set that up along with the display settings.
    Yes tried that. Still no joy. On the MultiCFS3.exe, should I change that to CFS3 PTO RS or just type exactly what is there?
    Sorry bout being confused here.

Yes tried that. Still no joy. On the MultiCFS3.exe, should I change that to CFS3 PTO RS or just type exactly what is there?
    btw i'm running vista

Ferret1048,

Just type CFS3 PTO Rising Sun. When you click Accept, it will automatically add several underscores.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Members who have read this thread: 0