X3 Time Of The Truth

Thread: X3 Time Of The Truth

X3 Time Of The Truth

Just ran across this mod for X3 that I'd not noticed before. Seems it's been around since posted on 1 Feb 11.
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=296104

Mod is 751mb and is slow to download. BB take over 1h40 minutes, DSL will take forever from Egossoft site. Patch is 148mb but is a tad faster to download.

Video is here at Mod DB, but it's on the poor side. And turn down the sound, you might not care for the sound track. http://www.moddb.com/mods/x3-time-of...-the-truth-v11
    Download from GameFront is here also. Direct link to GF download.... http://www.gamefront.com/files/servi...ou?id=20336714
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Gary. I havent heard of that one either.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Same here Bill. I just happened to see it on Egosoft's site. I haven't play X3 much at all but maybe this mod will spark some interest, seeing that I never really paid much attention to X3 mods.

Oh BTW, I forgot to add that the GameFront link will download pretty fast. 11 minutes or so on broadband.
    Gary -

I loaded this mod into X3 and have had nothing but error reports. I did a fresh install and reloaded with the same problem.

What I saw starting the sim was Fog in the initial startup menu at the beginning where you chose the mod to use. No TOTT mod showing. Aso remember this is a Russian made mod, whether that has any bearing on problems I don't know.

My suggestion..... only try at your own risk. If you add the mod and have no problems let us know.
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I loaded this mod into X3 and have had nothing but error reports. I did a fresh install and reloaded with the same problem.

What I saw starting the sim was Fog in the initial startup menu at the beginning where you chose the mod to use. No TOTT mod showing. Aso remember this is a Russian made mod, whether that has any bearing on problems I don't know.

My suggestion..... only try at your own risk. If you add the mod and have no problems let us know.
    Gary I gave it a very quick spin on my system last night and it worked fine "so far", I have not saved and reopened yet or any of the fancy stuff but from a fresh start it worked no problem.

Remember this is a full conversion Mod and the installer installes it and all it's scripts in the proper folders, it is installed as a false patch so you do not need to select it as a Mod in the Launch screen. You also have to remember the install order with these total conversions is critical, here is what I did step by step
    1. Install fresh vanilla X3 game and "Official Ergosoft Patches" - to Ver 3.1 (I cheat here, a long time ago I did a complete fresh install to Ver 3.0 and did not touch it, I then used 7Zip to compress the whole thing into a single archive, now when I want a fresh game I just unzip this archive to a new folder and add the 3.1 patch - no messing with disks or install programs)
    2. Install the Time of Truth Main files, DO NOT start the game.
    3. Install the Time of Truth Ver 1.2 Patch.
    4. Now start the game launcher and check the Controller, Video and sound options, once these are set, click Start X3 - Do not attempt to select a Mod if you see a mod listed or the Mod button is active you do not have a clean install. - start over - do not pass go do not collect 200 credits!
    I have not tried any of the add on scripts or ships "yet" but that is on the agenda for tonight, first up is Cycrows Cheat Package and some of the AMS stuff.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Ok, I follow what you say Mike. And I do have a fresh install of Reunion in now.

Patch 3.1, is that the same patch as for TC? I didn't know there was a 3.1 patch for Reunion. That could be my problem. I'll look in the 'Official Patches' for the Reunion 3.1.

Edit: My bad. All along I thought this was for Reunion... it's not. It's for X3-TC. How stupid can one get! No wonder it didn't work. :redf:
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Ok, I follow what you say Mike. And I do have a fresh install of Reunion in now.

Patch 3.1, is that the same patch as for TC? I didn't know there was a 3.1 patch for Reunion. That could be my problem. I'll look in the 'Official Patches' for the Reunion 3.1.

Edit: My bad. All along I thought this was for Reunion... it's not. It's for X3-TC. How stupid can one get! No wonder it didn't work. :redf:
    lol, Gary that is a "Monday Morning Mistook" or a "Fried Brain Friday Fookup", either way, installing the mod on Reunion would not work very well.

I have been playing around with it a bit, I have a few issues with the cheat pack, when I create ships they appear then "Poof" they are gone??? other than that it looks good so far.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Yeah Mike, it was my 'Senior Moment' of the week. Ya can't fix stupid, and that's how I feel. :redf: LOL

I'm going to try an 'correctly' install it this weekend.
    Gary -