X3 Albion Prelude Announced‏
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X3 Albion Prelude Announced‏

Exclamation X3 Albion Prelude Announced‏

News letter from Egosoft came during the night. This fills the gap from X3-TC to X- Rebirth...... We are at war with the Terrans!

"Egosoft is very pleased to announce the release of X3: Albion Prelude, a new episode in the story of X3: Terran Conflict. X3: Albion Prelude reveals an X Universe in flux - the simmering tensions and conflict of ideologies between Earth and the X Universe's Commonwealth has escalated into a war on a scale never before witnessed in the X Universe. With the fleets of the X Universe's main races battling the forces of Earth, corporations old and new gain an increasingly large stake in the future direction of the X Universe. Corporate expansion and technological breakthroughs will provide the X Universe with a quantum leap forward in economic development, but the road to the new status quo is a rocky one and only the bold or ruthless will make the whole journey".

Official website at Egosoft..... http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3ap/info_en.php
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Oh Gig like the look of this
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Oh Gig like the look of this
    Not me... GT scared. We're all too young to die! LOL

I does sound cool Mike. I was wondering how they make the transition for TC to Rebirth. They sure kept Albion a secret.

Sounds like Rebirth might be delayed a bit. I wonder if Albion has the new game engine. Nothing was mentioed about that, tho I imagine it's still the same engine as TC.
    Gary -

I'll let you know on the 16th...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Ok... I just got up to speed on this. I thought Albian was 'another' addon pack. I thought X3 'next' would be something like X4.

December 16!!!! Thats like in 4 days!

ACK!!!!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

No Bill, it's release is the 15th... tomorrow. Mike is will let us know how it tis on the 16th.

I wish I knew a store would have it tomorrow cause I'd have it too. I'm not crazy about buying off Steam. I'd rather hav the disc in my hand instead of a download.
    Gary -

I am not gib on Steam either and if there is another option I will go that way. I have a few Steam games but only ones that can be played off line, I dont mind activation on steam,but having to be connected to play is a deal breaker for me that is why I never bought Silent Hunter V and I really wanted it bad.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not gib on Steam either and if there is another option I will go that way. I have a few Steam games but only ones that can be played off line, I dont mind activation on steam,but having to be connected to play is a deal breaker for me that is why I never bought Silent Hunter V and I really wanted it bad.
    Then I have some really good news for ya Mike. UBI finally saw the light and now you do not have to be connected to the internet to play SH5. Tho getting the patches by Steam will be ok. You have the option now to play offline.

You can read it here.... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189245 BTW... Subsim is the best place for mods that improve and bring SH5 alive. Many many mods to choose from. And you are not the only one that wouldn't get it, there's many now that got it only because the DRM was removed.

BTW.... I've not seen X3 Albion Prelude listed on Steam yet. Maybe tomorrow. Egosoft isn't even in the Publisher Catalogs at the bottom of the main page yet.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    I cant believe its out....!!!! Dang...

Should be interesting.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

It's up on Steam and Gamers Gate, I will DL from Gmers Gate as soon as the wife leaves fro work...lol

I purchased the X3 Superbox from them and I like their system so this is a nice surprise to see them with it, and at $10.00 it's a no brainer.

Here is the link if you are interested

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-X3APUS/...expansion-pack

BTW if you get it from them it is very easy to burn a CD/DVD right away so you can have a good archive copy that is my SOP.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It seems you have to have X3 TC running thru Steam to play Albion Prelude. Not gonna happen here.

From the Steam site, "Requires the base game X3: Terran Conflict on Steam in order to play."
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, I just found out (realised) that this is 'not' the big new X3. I was thinking of X3; Rebirth, which is the entirely new version of X3. Albion is a continuation addon for X3TC.

Very cool of them to do this. They must have things going really nicely to be able to do this. I wish they could do platform improvements to FS like this.

- X3: Albion Prelude released 15 December
    - Bridging the gap between X3:Terran Conflict and the upcoming X:Rebirth
    - Improved user interface
    - New Stock Exchange feature
    - A huge war and lots of new missions and ships!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    It seems you have to have X3 TC running thru Steam to play Albion Prelude. Not gonna happen here.

From the Steam site, "Requires the base game X3: Terran Conflict on Steam in order to play."
    I am about to DL from go gamer so I will let you know about Steam, but I have never had to signintoSteam to activate anything I got from GoGamer before..
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike, seeing you are getting it from GoGamer, I don't think Steam needs to be involved... at least I hope not.

The way I understand it is, that if you get Albion from Steam you must get TC from Steam also in order to play Albion. I didn't see anything from GoGamer saying you needed Steam if you got the download from them. At least I hope not.

Yeah I have Steam. and IL2 Cliffs of Dover is the only one running in my account. But.... I don't need Steam running to play it, it's only for patches/updates. I've no idea how it will work for X3TC/Albion.

Please keep us posted on what's going on with this.
    Gary -

I am working on getting it up and running now, I do have to use Steam, but I am going ahead. I will post the details as soon as I finish but I am fairly sure it will be an OK set up, I need to register my Non Steam version of X3 and then Steam wil add the AP update, that is what it looks like anyway... Stay tuned.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK this is going to be interesting, I found the code for my DL version of the Superbox and I went to Steam and entered it... it came right up with another full version of the X3 series for me to download, and apparently I did not need to spend the $10.00 bucks for the add on, it is free for anyone who bought the Superbox. Duuhhh!

Anyway I will deal with that later, I will now have my regular non steam version of the game that I can mess with and the Steam version with the Albion Prelude installed under Steam on another drive. Stay tuned for updates. It looks like even with a fibre Op connection my download will be another 2 hours, so I may only get a short ride in space tonight, but I am going to give it a go you can be sure of that.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK Boys, it is up and running, and I am liking it VERY much, major improvements in the graphics on my monitor, and I like the new long range view. I have not tried it offline yet but I made my backup and will try adding the cheap pack and see if I can add a few ships. All in all using steam for this was not bad, it does not impact the original install and I have that to fall back on whenever I want. I am going to look at the folders in the Steam install, I am not sure but if this is actually installing as a patch I might be able to use it as a false patch in the original game I have???

Edit, I got an hour of stick time in and had a little scrap with the Argon's, it is hard starting from scratch but I like it so far, all I can say about the graphics and eye candy is EPIC IMPROVEMENT!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As much as I hate steam I own the super box so the below statement is of some interest to me.
    http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3ap/info_en.php
    Available on Steam
    Xł: Albion Prelude will be available December 15th on Steam for direct download in English, German, and French languages (voice) and Italian (text only).
    If you buy the X: Superbox, or already own it, Xł: Albion Prelude will be available as a free download via Steam.

Regards MarkL

Mark it is worth the effort and considering the cost is "zip" it's not a bad deal even if it's on steam. I should have looked closer before I paid the $10.00 to GamersGate for a download that I do not need...

If you do go for it, just go to steam and hit the Add Game button, when you enter the Superbox Activation Code you will see the entire Superbox collection appear in your Steam list, including Albion Prelude. When I went through this I just Downloaded Teran Conflict and Albion and it installed in a Steam folder, it did not effect my original Install or Save Games. It's free for you so if you are interested it's well worth it IMHO.

I have tried playing my previously installed Modded Games and they are fine, and I am pleasently surprised to see that the Steam Version uses a seperate Save Game folder so there is no conflict, Oh and I am running this with my Steam Account Offline with no problem at all.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Received an email from Egosoft last night. Albion Prelude will be out in a boxed version this coming February 12th.

And this is what most might want......
    For those looking for the complete package, the X3: Terran War Pack will be the perfect way to get you into the Argon-Terran war. It includes:
    X3: Terran Conflict
    X3: Albion Prelude
    X3: Albion Prelude Soundtrack
    This version will be available in stores in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, UK, the Nordics and Benelux states for a price of €19,99.
    I sure hope there will be a US release of the War Pack.

Their email also answers other questions on the game and install.
    Gary -

It would be nice, there were only 10-20 copies of the superbox ever shipped to cdn stores andIwas never able to find it, I finally gave in in Sept and got the DL version from GamersGate. I can live with the s\Steam version installed along side my normal version and I am glad I went for it.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Received an email from Egosoft last night. Albion Prelude will be out in a boxed version this coming February 12th.

And this is what most might want......

I sure hope there will be a US release of the War Pack.

Their email also answers other questions on the game and install.
    If this one is protection free and available in Australia I will buy it. I do not really want to go with steam even if it is free. But if it is all I can get I may have to.

Cheers MarkL

OK this is going to be interesting, I found the code for my DL version of the Superbox and I went to Steam and entered it... it came right up with another full version of the X3 series for me to download, and apparently I did not need to spend the $10.00 bucks for the add on, it is free for anyone who bought the Superbox. Duuhhh!

Anyway I will deal with that later, I will now have my regular non steam version of the game that I can mess with and the Steam version with the Albion Prelude installed under Steam on another drive. Stay tuned for updates. It looks like even with a fibre Op connection my download will be another 2 hours, so I may only get a short ride in space tonight, but I am going to give it a go you can be sure of that.
    The version you paid $10.00 for, Does it have any protection or require activation or being online to install?

If it is just an installer like you get from GoG.com it may well be an option. $10.00 to avoid steam or protection is good for me.

Cheers MarkL

I see there's a few questions on AP with the CD key.... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311744

Answer is here..... http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/f...1167&version=9

Save this stuff in you Favorites for future reference.
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by marklaur View Post
    The version you paid $10.00 for, Does it have any protection or require activation or being online to install?

If it is just an installer like you get from GoG.com it may well be an option. $10.00 to avoid steam or protection is good for me.

Cheers MarkL
    Hey Mark,

What I ended up with was simply an activation Key for the Steam DL, which I did not need as it was free using my Superbox Activation code. I was just too excited to read all the small print and did not notice that it stated that the Download and Activation was with a 3rd party namely Steam, Oh well! I did check the TOS on GamersGate and the way I read it I should have no problem getting a refund/credit, so I opened a ticket with them requesting a credit toward my next purchase.

If you are interested and already own the Supoerbox it is free for you so you might want to consider it, you just go on steam and select Add Game, then enter the Activation Code from the Superbox and it will give you the full download for Steam all over again, you only need to DL X3TC and the AP addon and don't check the others. The Steam version will install completely seperately and have NO EFFEXT on your current X3 install or saved games. Once I did the download from Steam I just went offline and it works great, I did move a save game from my normal TC save folder and it loaded, but ofcourse I wanted teh AP Story line and plots so I just did it as a test.

I like it so far, it is hard not having all the credits and big fleet of ships I had built up in Trancend, but they were never compatible anyway so I was not ecpecting that I would have a jump start. I was going to add the cheat collection and a few ships but I think I will do it the hardway for awhile, it is slow and having to establish a Rep and earn credits takes time but I like exploring and I have the other install to go to when I get the urge to "Blow Stuff UP"
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]