X3 Albion Prelude Announced‏ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X3 Albion Prelude Announced‏

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I see there's a few questions on AP with the CD key.... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311744

Answer is here..... http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/f...1167&version=9

Save this stuff in you Favorites for future reference.
    Hey Gary,

I can say this it works for the registration, I actually own 3 copies of X3 TC (TC, X3TC Gold, and X3Superbox 2 are boxed set s and the last is DL), plus X3R and I now have all versions registered on the forum.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

That's cool Mike. Any word on how Albion Prelude is?

Oh btw, are you using the x3 Save Game Manager? I'm working on setting it up for my TC.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

That's cool Mike. Any word on how Albion Prelude is?

Oh btw, are you using the x3 Save Game Manager? I'm working on setting it up for my TC.
    The Word on Albion Prelude is "Outstanding", I am VERY impressed! The basic gameplay is the same so there is no learning curve, it is just a matter of setting up any hotkeys or button assignments you had on your previous install. The upgrades to the eye candy are EPIC, great new planets, and many of the Stations are reworked. The scale of the larger stations is more realistic IMHO, especially when docking, there are also some little things that took me some time to notice but really add to the overall experience if you will, one is the basic background, the black background with all the small pinpoints of light is just what a clear night sky looks like - loaded with stars. I found in other versions including the full mods there was something just a bit off that was it, I did not notice wha ti was right away but now that I have seen it I really motice a difference, this might be the new Graphics setting, but regardless I like it.

It is hard starting as a Humble Merchant with no Rep and empty pockets, especially after having a fleet and a gizillion credits in Trancend, but I want to try building up my reputation, credits and carefully select my ships rather than just cheat in a massive strike force and go postal all over the undesirables...lol So far lots of boring exploration and small trading runs, just getting the feeling for the new backgrounds and race relations, things are very different in the Xuniverse now!

Regarding the Save Game Manager, I am not using it with AP yet, no need at this point, I was using it with Terran Conflict and the 3 Mods I had running - before I blew them all away when my old HDD packed it in. I liked it very much and will be settin git up again when I start switching between Mods like I do every so often. I used to just use a simple script to rename the Save Game Folder before I tried Save Game Manager and that worked just as well, except the Save Game Manager does tell you which Mod you are savign for and with the script I would have to manually check.

I am going for a short flight now and will try to grab some screen shots of the stations and backgrounds, I want to finish exploring the sectors around Argon Prime and get more of the Galaxy mapped so I will staying out of the dog fights for now, but sooner or later trouble will find me I have no doubt so watch for some good old fashioned "XFireworks" when I get some time
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Sounds great Mike. Can't wait to see some screenshots. I'll have to get AP soon.

One question tho. Instead of being a Humble Merchant, can you do the sector Protection and Assassinations like in the AMS mod? I've gotten so used to going out and shooting da bad guys, I'm not so sure if I can hack selling and buying wares for a living.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Sounds awesome Mike! Glad you are enjoying it. I must find it or download it from Steam. I might wait a short while as I am caught up with restarting the standard X3TC. Having a BLAST!!!!!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Sounds great Mike. Can't wait to see some screenshots. I'll have to get AP soon.

One question tho. Instead of being a Humble Merchant, can you do the sector Protection and Assassinations like in the AMS mod? I've gotten so used to going out and shooting da bad guys, I'm not so sure if I can hack selling and buying wares for a living.
    Gary there are all the stardard Game starts plus several new ones so yes you can jump right into a furbal if you wish. I decided on Humble merchant this time just to start slow and easy so I could get a feel for the galaxy, I am picking up some M5's and loading them out now as I build up credits and I will be into the fight soon enough...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL... that's the spirit Mike, sneak up on em. They won't know what hit em. :d
    Gary -