After installing Part 7 of Rising Sun installation

Thread: After installing Part 7 of Rising Sun installation

Banned

After installing Part 7 of Rising Sun installation

Among many other parts of expansion install instructions,
    here is one that I find confusing in the Rising Sun install instructions.
    Running MultiCFS3,
    It says to "Type in the exact name of your install", but the name of the install is already typed in..
    It says "Underscores will be added" but underscores are already added.
    The ACCEPT button at the botton is greyed out until I backspace to delete one of the underscores. Then I can click to ACCEPT.
    FYI

Attachment 53895

Rich
    You are absolutly right.

One must overwrite completely the "CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________" that is in the multicfs3.exe and that is why the directions say type in the exact name of your install without the underscores.
    If one does not completely overwrite ALL of the characters there is a chance that your install will not create and point to the correct appl/data folder.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by richcreator View Post
    Among many other parts of expansion install instructions,
    here is one that I find confusing in the Rising Sun install instructions.
    Running MultiCFS3,
    It says to "Type in the exact name of your install", but the name of the install is already typed in..
    It says "Underscores will be added" but underscores are already added.
    The ACCEPT button at the botton is greyed out until I backspace to delete one of the underscores. Then I can click to ACCEPT.
    FYI

Attachment 53895
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Rich
    You are absolutly right.

One must overwrite completely the "CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________"
    If one does not completely overwrite ALL

Where, in the installation, does it say this?

Quote Originally Posted by richcreator View Post

Where, in the installation, does it say this?
    Well you have taken the sentence out of context and have tried to make some kind of point, But it clearly states

for you to Select and highlight the current user name entry and type in the exact name of your install. The default name is CFS3 PTO Rising Sun
    Underscores will be added automatically to the end of the default name

which means to overwrite all characters.

You are welcome for my response.

Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Well you have taken the sentence out of context and have tried to make some kind of point, But it clearly states

for you to Select and highlight the current user name entry and type in the exact name of your install. The default name is CFS3 PTO Rising Sun
    Underscores will be added automatically to the end of the default name

which means to overwrite all characters.

You are welcome for my response.

How can I take an incomplete sentence out of context?
    It clearly does not state to delete the current user name entry.
    My point is that the sentence should read, "Select and highlight and delete the current user name entry and type in the exact name of your install.
    The instructions state to follow the instructions EXACTLY and the instructions are not exact.

I haven't seen an expansion to CFS3 yet that had that box already filled in until this RS. This is why I was confused and
    didn't consider deleting what was already correct except that the ACCEPT/SELECT button was greyed out so I deleted only one
    underscore to bring up the SELECT/ACCEPT button, knowing I'm not following the instructions EXACTLY like
    everybody is instructed to do.

Rich

Thank you for pointing this out. When a revised and expanded installation readme is created for RS we will try to further bulletproof the setting up of the multicfs3.exe.
    Please pass on your knowledge on setting up the multicfs3.exe if you see a post and someone is having dificulty understanding the directions. Sometimes it is dificult writting these readmes when you have been working with the subject matter for years and don't have a clue what an individual with no prior experience will or not understand while going through the install process.

Members who have read this thread: 0