Editing Rising Sun viewui and config.exe has me perplexed

Thread: Editing Rising Sun viewui and config.exe has me perplexed

Banned

Editing Rising Sun viewui and config.exe has me perplexed

Changing the transparency of the label colors had no effect so I completely
    removed the 2 lines '<colors' i.e. FriendlyColors, EnemyColors>' etc, from the viewui but had no effect. Even tho these 2 lines are gone, the
    label colors are still there in the game.
    I edited the config Windows overrides and checked the box to disable Labels, also to disable Intro Movie, but this had no effect. Labels are
    still there, bold as can be and the intro movie still runs. :ques: :ques:

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by richcreator View Post
    Changing the transparency of the label colors had no effect so I completely
    removed the 2 lines '<colors' i.e. FriendlyColors, EnemyColors>' etc, from the viewui but had no effect. Even tho these 2 lines are gone, the
    label colors are still there in the game.
    I edited the config Windows overrides and checked the box to disable Labels, also to disable Intro Movie, but this had no effect. Labels are
    still there, bold as can be and the intro movie still runs. :ques: :ques:
    Richcreator, One quedtion: After running cfs3config.exe, did you go into the Rising Sun AppData folder and delete the ConfigOverrides.xml that is there before starting the game again ?

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly50 View Post
    Richcreator, One quedtion: After running cfs3config.exe, did you go into the Rising Sun AppData folder and delete the ConfigOverrides.xml that is there before starting the game again ?
    The only files in my Rising Sun Application data folder
    are about a dozen or so uisel files. I did not delete it, it was never there.
    In my Rising Sun game, the viewui is now edited to what I want it to be but it is ignored by the game. The config.exe is edited to be
    what I want it to be but ignored by the game. Are these 2 folders actually a part of Rising Sun. Seems to me Rising Sun just ignores these to folders
    and what I want to change is somewhere else.
    I want to get rid of all those labels.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Rich,

I'm not sure why the config file is being ignored thats a strange one. I have set a few options in my config file and they have stuck. I'll try to replicate your problem if I can, and see if we can resolve it.

An alternate method to get rid of the labels is to use the key combination Ctl+Sht+L once the flight has started. This turns on and off all labels in game and once turned off they should stay off until you turn them back on again, even after a game restart.

HTH's

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Rich,

I'm not sure why the config file is being ignored thats a strange one.
    Config.exe editing will not take effect if you close the program by selecting the "x" to close. You have to exit the program by selecting the exit selection in the drop down pane.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Config.exe editing will not take effect if you close the program by selecting the "x" to close. You have to exit the program by selecting the exit selection in the drop down pane.

Bob
    If I exited incorrectly, the boxes I checked would uncheck themselves, right? as you said,
    the editing would not take effect. But I rebooted and then checked the config,exe and the boxes I checked are still checked sO I must have
    exited correctly. I'll try the key commands.

Quote Originally Posted by richcreator View Post
    The only files in my Rising Sun Application data folder
    are about a dozen or so uisel files.
    Just out of curiosity what is the path of your AppData file? It sounds like the game is looking one place and you are editing your files in another. When you first checked the AppData folder after your install there should have been more files than just the usiel files.

The path that is showing is incorrect for Win7/Vista.

Your files should be in: "OS(C)\Users\"your login name"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________".

Just to be sure open your browser and type in "%appdata%". You will see "your login name"\AppData\Roaming". Go down to Microsoft and you will see your other CFS3 AppData file folders. You will probably also see a folder for "PTO Rising Sun". That is where your Overrides files, ViewUI file and .xca files are. All the Rising Sun Uisel files should be in that folder also.