while sitting in the box?

this could be very funny,
    if it wasn't so damned irritating.

and the family wonders why i'm crazy.

happy holidays, everyone

milo
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

LOL....do what I do and not bother with any lights at all inside or outside! Easy peasy!
    Larry

Smilo,
    I think I already told you what I do, The lights go to the curb with the tree!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by smilo View Post
    it has begun...
    the tree is up and straight.
    9 strings of 100 lights each tested.
    3 halves of 50 work.
    on different strings, of course.
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    how can 9 sets of lights,
    that worked just fine last year,
    all crap out over 11 months,
    while sitting in the box?

this could be very funny,
    if it wasn't so damned irritating.

and the family wonders why i'm crazy.

happy holidays, everyone

milo
    I dunno, but I've been there and done that. Seems to really plague the light sets marked "made in China".
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH Staff

Christmas is a fun time

i really like Tako_Kichi's idea,
    the problem is, the wife
    and grand daughter would not.
    so, unfortunately, that's out of the question.

so here's an update,
    last night, after an hour of trying
    to get just one string to work,
    i gave up after i broke my thumbnail.
    i sat down and told the wife about it.
    she said, this happens every year.
    i don't know what to tell you.
    i said, the heck with it,
    i'm buying new sets.

this morning, i went into town
    and purchased 5 sets of 100 leds each.
    (everything is made in china)
    understand, this was a major feat.
    i am an extreme tight wad.

so far, i have 3 sets on the tree.
    wowzers, them babies are bright!

a friend sent this message early this morning;
    Christmas is a fun time. Just keep repeating it....
    excellent advice
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

Smi-light-o,
    Tako has it right but he must not be married, Just finished wrapping the four Columns in front of house,
    with lights and garland, of course " all wrapped in same direction".

Now just finished making a male to male connector because I wrapped the final column upside down, and
    so goes being happily married, May have been faster to just unwrap the column...........But that would be
    admitting I screwed up and All Dice would find a way to turn that into a party.

Dave-Lit-o :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Tako has it right but he must not be married
    LOL....I've been married for 19 years tomorrow (second time around) but I can't afford to waste electricity on needless gimmicks at this time of the year.

Being an atheist has it's benefits too!
    Larry

After this Christmas season is over and all the lights go on sale, I'm buying all new LED strands. They are brighter, last longer and use 80% less electricity than normal Christmas lights.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OBIO,
    Luv your dog, Had a Catahula with the same markings.......I miss her....what a great dog.

The only thing bad about being a dog lover is the fact that they tend to die before we do.

Dave

No Dice

You are so right about dogs dying before we do....Spud (the dog in my avatar) was only 17 months old when he died of seizures on January 14, 2007. Broke my heart into a few million pieces for sure. I currently have 2 dogs...Brutus, a 12-pound Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix and Hazel, an 8-pound Chihuahua who looks more like a shrunken Yellow Lab...pure muscle she is.

Also have a third dog at the moment, a rescue dog from the local pound who has been under going rehab and training at the local prison. Sweet, gentle, mild mannered dog. Eight to 10 years old, part Rottweiler, part who knows what else. Going to have him with us for a week or two...the wife and sister-in-law want us to adopt him permanently....but I am opposed to doing that because we already have two dogs, no-so-deep pockets financially and live in a rental place...landlord may not be real happy if we add a third dog to the mix and could ask us to move or begin charging a monthly rental fee for each dog we have. Alfred (aka Stinky) was rescued from an abusive and neglectful environment...he was tied outside and basically forgotten about. Poor fella lost parts of his ears to frost bite and/or insect infestation.

To get this thread back on topic...our neighbor across the street has his house all decorated up with LED lights...and it looks great! Definitely going LED next year.

And a neighbor two houses up has a ton of lights up...and put up big signs advertising "Chris's Wonderland Drive Through Light Show"...not real smart considering we live on a dead end street. DHU!?!?!?!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear about Spud..........But glad to hear you do all the great things you can with the others.
    I agree, If I were a landlord I may also have some problems with multi -dogs. Just remember...WE can
    not save every animal or person, BUT when it is our turn to leave this earth...we can at least say we
    did our best...........:salute:

Merry Christmas to you my new friend, no matter your religion or not, Xmas is a time we all share as
    a worldwide group of people that do our best to help others, Dog or Man...no matter why, what, or who.

I happen to get my first ideas about people on how they treat my animals when they meet them.

If "Ida" don't like you, I may not either.

Be Safe

Dave

I have LED's across the front awning. Every third(?) lamp is an independent flasher, so you get that "twinkle" effect without looking like strip-joint chase lights. Current plan is to hit the local Garden Ridge on 12-26 to get a new artificial tree, and I'll probably try to get some more LED strands too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0