PTO Rising Sun Installation question

Thread: PTO Rising Sun Installation question

Charter Member 2015

Question PTO Rising Sun Installation question

Hello team,
    "After firstflight, you can copy and paste your ConfigOverrides.xml andcustom.xca controller file from another installation to the\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun folder."

I find the ConfigOverridesdw.xml With a "DW" at the end in my other installations.

I do not find Custom.xca in any installations
    ?
    Thanks for your help
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello team,
    "After firstflight, you can copy and paste your ConfigOverrides.xml andcustom.xca controller file from another installation to the\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun folder."

I find the ConfigOverridesdw.xml With a "DW" at the end in my other installations.

I do not find Custom.xca in any installations
    ?
    Thanks for your help

Emile

This is a way to quickly set up your install and is only a suggestion. You will find the necessary files in your Application Data\Microsoft location of other CFS3 add ons. The custom.xml may be named differently in your install, it is the name of the control device file you customized for your joy stick. Not sure about the DW at the end of your configOverides.xml

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Charter Member 2015
    hello rbp,

I have a "emile.xca" and configOverrides.xml in my ETO AppData Win7 .

these 2 files?
    Thanks in advance
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

this is what mine looked like i had to use my config items form another install i used pto see attached , then after running it once exited game then deleted the usiel file and then ran again and works for me anyway lol,
    boys of 60 unofficall mad modder" and dyslexic extraordinaire MY OFF FLIGHT GROUP http://www.freewebs.com/dovesandhawks/:typing:

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    hello rbp,

I have a "emile.xca" and configOverrides.xml in my ETO AppData Win7 .

these 2 files?
    Thanks in advance
    Yes Emile. The emile.xca looks like your "custom" joy stick file you set up for your eto install. The only reason to copy these files to your RS install is to save you time setting up the configoverides file and setting up your joy stick settings again.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Charter Member 2015
    Hello and thanks guys ...

All under control and the Sun is Rising ..

I have a problem!

When I try to run the RS he asks me to insert the CD-ROM CFS3, but I have it on DVD-ROM and even then it is not accepted and appears the same message to insert the CD-ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by panzervoador View Post
    When I try to run the RS he asks me to insert the CD-ROM CFS3, but I have it on DVD-ROM and even then it is not accepted and appears the same message to insert the CD-ROM.
    Interesting. I am not sure I have an answer. Is your DVD a copy of an official M$ cd? or was your DVD an after M$ issued DVD? Was your stock CFS3 patched to 3.1a? Sorry for asking some additional questions but hopefully it will help us investigate what is going on.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Interesting. I am not sure I have an answer. Is your DVD a copy of an official M$ cd? or was your DVD an after M$ issued DVD? Was your stock CFS3 patched to 3.1a? Sorry for asking some additional questions but hopefully it will help us investigate what is going on.

Bob
    The DVD came in an edition of a magazine called "FULLGAMES" that this issue was released in late 2008 and was already in version 3.1a.

The DVD came in an edition of a magazine called "FULLGAMES" that this issue was released in late 2008 and was already in version 3.1a.
    The DVD versions do not need the disk in to play as they are protection free.Although mine came in at version 3.1 had to install the last patch.

I have not been able to download the files yet to see if I get the same error as you. I can not log in to aussiex for some reason.

Cheers MarkL

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi mark

Try taking the CFS3.exe out of your stock install and place it into your RS install this should get you going.

Regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi mark

Try taking the CFS3.exe out of your stock install and place it into your RS install this should get you going.

Regards Rob.
    It worked. Thank you.

Icon5

I also had this same problem and Capt. Winters CFS3.exe swap got me :salute: