Whats Wrong with this picture...?

Thread: Whats Wrong with this picture...?

Whats Wrong with this picture...?

I've Just downloaded and installed the Cal Classics 1962 Indochina scenery and seem to be missing some textures because i get this white patch in Saigon as far as I'm aware all the library objects are installed and working and i cant see anything about this issue mentioned over at Cal classics has anyone else has the same issue?

Attachment 52919

Regards Hooky:salute:

I believe Tom Gibson drops by here now and then, or somebody else may also have an answer. If not, you could try the Cal Classic forum:
    http://calclassic.proboards.com/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi Hooky, I think it should look like this:

Attachment 52958

Attachment 52959

Attachment 52960

Believe that's the right place at Tansonnhat Intl in what fs9 calls Hochiminh (sic - it will always be Saigon to many of us, including most of its inhabitants I daresay).

A couple of suggestions:

(1) Do you have Wolfgang's Classic Scenery file downloaded? It is there at the very top of the Cal Classic website scenery list. Worth putting in, as it will place all necessary textures in the right spots. I thought I'd done everything the old, hard way a long time ago, but when that appeared and was installed several mistakes & omissions were corrected.

(2) Check the exact order you should place Cal Classic scenery in. TG has explained it in the site. This is worth printing out and going through carefully - sure I've improved my retro flight world by paying attention to that.

To quote from Tom: 'Hope this helps!' :salute:
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Trying to show it more from the same angle as in your original shot:

Attachment 52985

You seem to be missing the buildings on the US Military side, as well as the background texture.

From the ground, the Civil Terminal with the flag of South Vietnam:

Attachment 52986

Round the corner, US hangars and workshops, facing towards the enormous military parking area:

Attachment 52987

That red & white chequered (checkered in American) water tower which must have been an evocative landmark to many, many people who either loved or loathed it.

This texture missing from that patch as seen from the air looks like 'Aerial Photo' scenery, though there doesn't seem to be any separate file for this part of the world. I'm pretty sure that the buildings will all appear if you install the generic Classic Scenery, and that will almost certainly fill the whole white gap in.
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Thanks guys looks like i havent installed everything!

cheers
    :salute:
    Hooky

It looks like you are missing more than the textures for the tarmack. I don't see the military buildings in the NE area of the airfield either.

Did you use the auto installer directly or (like I do) install to a temporary folder and then install manually and then add into the scenery library?

Here's a tip from the CalClassic's Don Muang airfield readme file. Perhaps it will help with the ramp textures.

If you do not have another airport texture addon, I suggest that you
    download and install airland1.zip from AVSIM or elsewhere.
    It increases frame rates while adding detail to
    the concrete and asphalt aprons, taxiways, and runways.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Just a quick update

I have installed the scenery libraries and the airland1 enhancement as suggested above and now the buildings and palm trees show up but I still cant get the photo-realistic textures to show up i don't know if I'm missing a texture file or what?

:salute:

Hmm... Probably best to take all the Indochina 62 out completely, i.e. delete it from your fs9, then install again from scratch. You may well have already thought of that - a bit of a hassel, but it could well work. Once reinstalled, I would also try it at the very top of the Scenery list in slot #1, before moving it down.

The missing white patch looks like it's more probably a default MS background texture from elsewhere, so once it's out, it might be worth just having a look without the Cal Classic Indochina there at all (though I doubt if you ever made any alterations to base scenery files - it may have just been effected by something else installed somewhere else). Even Tom once told me that he often fiddles about in frustration with this kind of stuff for hours before it all finally slots into place - ! Happy tweaking...
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Nope still cant work it out all libaries installed fs default scenery has been left well enough alone on the install in question so theres nothing missing I've got all mentioned packs and even tried 'Paneling over it' with AFCAD but it just shows through any other suggestions on how I would go about removing offending items?

Regards Hooky:salute:

It's funny you have a problem with that particular texture.

After reading your post I went there in my sim and found that texture is present, but it flickers on and off at a rapid and very distracting rate.

In my case when the texture is 'off' the normal ground texture shows thru in its place, rather than the untextured block you have.

Odd that we'd have such different issues with the same texture.