My Hobby

Thread: My Hobby

My Hobby

I have a hobby that is lots of fun.

I fly Model Rockets.

I will have a video of a rocket launch soon.

Here are two videos of rocket launches in recent years. In fact these videos were recorded yesterday.
    One: <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px" width="640" height="360">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42NNrG-ibEM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Two: <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px" width="640" height="360">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pAj_GLOEfI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Good stuff... model rockets are fun!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

They sure are. In fact, I think i inherited the hobby from my dad.

Here is an update: My dad and I launched a Video Camera Rocket for the first time.

Here is the video for this landmark achievement.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wFEatozczzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had the annual launch this year. Hopefully I will make a video of all the launches in one.

that looks like alot of fun!!

Here is a compilation of last years launch.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Interesting hobby, though I doubt local legislation allows us to fire those over here....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

My father and I are working on a glow-in-the-dark rocket that features a lighted nose cone for a night launch.

I might take some pictures and make a video about it when the project is completed.

The Night rocket is completed, now all my dad and I need is a way to keep the lights for the nosecone in and wait for my relatives to come.

When the rocket launch is complete, I will post a video of the whole launch... and possibly the night launch... if my dad and myself recover the new night rocket.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Also the Video Camera Rocket made its first flight with its new payload bay and video camera.

Happy Turkey Day! Tonight my relatives and I... along with my family... will launch night rockets.

Videos will come soon.

Sorry for my late post... but, not only I did a night launch... I did a daytime launch.

As always, videos will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post

Here is a compilation of last years launch.
    i think one of these fall in my country! haha!

Sorry for the inactivity for the video... we didn't record much videos and one of them has to be censored.
    So when I have time, i'll make the video.

An update

My dad and I found a video online that shows a tutorial on how to build homemade rocket motors, by using potassium nitrate and powdered sugar for the fuel and schedule 40 pvc pipe and bentonite clay (the cheapest form of kitty litter) for the nozzlead and casing.

The end result is a potent rocket motor.

I might put a video of a test fire.

I have a boatload of videos of this year's rocket launch during Thanksgiving week.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4lL2CUvNe8

Here is the video, I would have embedded it, but I was worried about the h-word being the reason of its removal.

Sorry I haven't posted new videos in a while. This one doesn't have any explicatives, i promise. I had a family from across my backyard with a 3 year old attend the annual launch.

I made a video of the Rocketry related shenanigans from Thanksgiving of 2016. In this video there is a new form of rocketry that my dad and favorite uncle invented.