Thread: 'Can You Eat This?'

'Can You Eat This?'

:ques:...

Is it made of meat? :d

Brian

pointy31
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    :ques:...

Yeah, but you'd probably hafta kill it first....then cook a pot of rice...:costumes:

sure, it's a partridge, it's like a pheasant or small turkey. they're pretty good, not a lot of meat though.

Quote Originally Posted by pointy31 View Post
    Yeah, but you'd probably hafta kill it first....then cook a pot of rice...:costumes:

Pointy, yall cajuns would put rice on a hamburger :d

Quote Originally Posted by westview View Post
    sure, it's a partridge, it's like a pheasant or small turkey. they're pretty good, not a lot of meat though.
    It's name is that of another bird :mixedsmi:

Looks like a Prairie Grouse, a Sharp Shinned Prairie Grouse at that. Smallish bird, becoming increasingly rare as the native American Grass Prairie is turned into Strip Malls and housing developments.

OBIO

denisch
    Mmmmmmmmm.....taste like chicken!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by denisch View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm.....taste like chicken!
    "Lesser Prairie-Chicken" (Tympanuchus pallidicinctus)

Quote Originally Posted by westview View Post
    Hey I resemble that remark... well my last name is Partridge anyway, and there is not a lot of meat on my bones either... we won't get into the "Pretty Good" part the wife would not agree with that... lol

Mike "Ears Hopin" Partridge...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

OK now for a "Weirdness" question, how did the Edit by Ralph in June 2005 appear at the end of my post???
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    OK now for a "Weirdness" question, how did the Edit by Ralph in June 2005 appear at the end of my post???
    Eddie's in the space-continuum. Keep your eye out for a Chesterfield floating across the field...:costumes:

Hope the Admins, God bless 'em, get this sorted out. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    :isadizzy: hmmm...where's the question:isadizzy:

ralph who?

.....for many years my brother would not eat store bought meat. he lived with me for a year and he is a great cook. anyhow, i have eaten grouse before, think of it as a cornish game hen midget. properly prepared it's good. if not, it's like chewin on the inside of a golf ball covered in grease.

Deep fat fry that suckah!

You can eat anything with enough breading!!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Deep fat fry that suckah!

You can eat anything with enough breading!!
    truer words are rarely spoken

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    :isadizzy: hmmm...where's the question:isadizzy:
    djscoo, Just look one post above my Weirdness question, I repiled with a quote and when it was posted the line "Last Edited by..." was at the bottom of my post, however it had not been edited, and it was time stamped 2005...

:isadizzy:
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've hunted its larger cousin the Sage Grouse quite a bit and a tip is to shoot the small ones. The larger "bombers" can be a little tough. A crock pot on low setting all day does wonders for them. Wild rice and an orange sauce makes them a most enjoyable meal.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    I've hunted its larger cousin the Sage Grouse quite a bit and a tip is to shoot the small ones. The larger "bombers" can be a little tough. A crock pot on low setting all day does wonders for them. Wild rice and an orange sauce makes them a most enjoyable meal.

i am drooling now, and there's no smiley for that!

Members who have read this thread: 0