KCFS Republic Seabee update thread. - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: KCFS Republic Seabee update thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Maybe sometime in the future you could consider making the Twin Bee to go with this beauty?
    I have no personal plans for the Twin Bee. It would take a new cockpit and a lot of work on the exterior to do, for something only 30 was made of. I did offer my model to Piglet for free if he wants to make it and release the twin bee for free.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Just finished what will be the first of many livery's! This is my own design. I will start making real world livery's next!

Attachment 53644

Im not liking the shade of yellow, so I will edit it to be a little bit more on the brown side. Looks too neon right now.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

What you've done here is nothing short of phenomenal Kevin. Beautiful work inside and out to the point that you can smell the interior and feel the exterior. . . .beautiful work, congratulations!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I think that real SeaBee just might be in ok shape. Either way, it will require a good amount of work. I suspect that it's in California in a desert environment? If so, the plastic is cracked, but the fuselage probably doesn't require much work. A sitting airplane also has less airframe fatigue. Don't get me wrong- fixing this airplane won't be cheap, but I guarantee you can restore it for a lot less than the price of a new Cessna 172, and it will be the way you want it. That makes it a good buy.

BTW- On the paint, I'd try a nice dark blue in place of the neon yellow and brown.

The model looks great!

Are you thinking of making the higher performance version with the bigger engine 3 blade prop and extended wings?

Tom

Yes! The "Late" model will have the 295HP Lycoming engine, 3 bladed prop, extended wing with town drooping tips, and a full modern IFR panel. It will be an almost totally new aircraft, and will be free to anyone who buys the "early" Seabee when its released sometime in the spring.

Also, and FYI to all the Seabee fans. The Beta will start SOON. I need anyone who is interested in testing to PM me now with your qualifications. I will be picking out testers soon.

Also, I spoke with a local owner and hopefully sometime this week or next week (depending on weather) we will be doing real in-flight testing and sound recording on the Franklin engine. Weather up here in Seattle is un-predictable at best, but I will post the Youtube video's once I have them =) Im VERY excited about getting the chance to fly in this thing in real life!!!!!!

Also I will be posting more livery WIP's later this week. Lots to do!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Just a quick update! I have not yet sent out invites for the beta. It will be soon, I promis! Im just finishing setting up the forums.

I did get a new livery painted though. Here is N217G. This is the Seabee based in Arlington, WA that I will be flying in for our sound recording session.

Enjoy!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Nice work and a nice paint scheme too. Enjoy the flight!

Cool

Man I need to become a developer as well, it will increase my flying hours for sure
    I envy you Kevin, flying in such nice bird!

Love the paint!
    Anneke

Looks great. Will buy this one for sure.

VERY NICE!

Really add to the experience to fly your Seabee after watching your Youtube videos (which you are making) too.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Man I need to become a developer as well, it will increase my flying hours for sure
    Afraid you'd have to make that 'decrease' , Anneke..

Superb job, Kevin !

cheers,
    Jan

Folding seats too!

While running through the animations in Model Converter X, I spied "folding seats"

Beta testing, and painting it. The realistic looks are so real.

Actually, a lot of pilots invert the yoke to give more leg room for when they are sleeping. The seats are designed to lay flat like that when your sleeping =) This thing was built to be a bush pilots aircraft! There is also storage under the floor, and a shelf located behind the back seat. Lots of space to store gear! This thing is an amazingly versitile aircraft.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

The first thing that I thought of when the seats laid flat, was my boat. And many fishing trips.

Here's an updated shot. More to do yet.

Real world

As always, right-click & view image for best results.

FSX

Two things. First, the bottom of the sponsons have no color in the photo. Second, the grill is white in the photo. The grill is a black square at the very top and above the engine coweling. =) Other then that, its looking good!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Two things. First, the bottom of the sponsons have no color in the photo. Second, the grill is white in the photo. The grill is a black square at the very top and above the engine coweling. =) Other then that, its looking good!
    LOL! :salute: :mixedsmi:

Weathered and laid to rest.

Ack! How sad! Ugly paint, but its sad to see a bird like that!!!!

One thing for sure though, is more and more Seabee's are getting restored. As of 2006, more then 250 Seabee's are registered as flying, and many more are taking to the sky again. An owner that helped me a lot with the original dash just got done restoring his Seabee. Its last flight was in 1954 and he restored it to almost factory condition. Its the most original and low hour Seabee in the air! Its just waiting for final FAA inspection. Really nice Seabee, but the interior makes me a little sick.

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Ack! How sad! Ugly paint. Really nice Seabee, but the interior makes me a little sick.

If I kept looking at it, I think I'd get sick too. You really should not post images that do that to you!

Thank god im not the only one! Ugh. I hate to look at that for weeks when building the cockpit. The things I do for this hobby of mine.

P.S. You quoted the photo, so now everyone reading gets a double dose of the "mellow yellow"

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    If I kept looking at it, I think I'd get sick too. You really should not post images that do that to you!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

It's a growing effect.

Years and years of tarnish. I'm doing a bit of polishing.

Wow! I love the look of the metal ventury's! Looks really snazzy!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Members who have read this thread: 2