Vans RV7A.

Thread: Vans RV7A.

Vans RV7A.

Just bought this and I just had to say it's excellent! The textures are something else, as well as the flying characteristics, a very well done and fun model! :salute:

Attachment 52272
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2012
    Dont suppose you would let us know where it came from then? :mixedsmi:

It's the bay tower Vans RV-7 mate picked it up a while back and just got round to flying it! It's really really nice!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks

Yeah although still officially a pre-pay beta, it sure is fun to fly around, that plane is a nimble hotrod with a beautiful panel, very well done.

Charter Member 2015
    I'll be picking this up when the non beta is released. Are there configurable pilot figures available yet?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I don't think so, they seem to be mostly women in my models lol?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I bought it in Beta as I don't use Dx10 at the moment and I'd been watching the Bay Tower site for 3 years and promised myself I'd buy as soon as it was released in any form. For me it is top-of-the-tree GA. The beta update offers a Dx10 alternative model which most Dx10 users are happy with. Ideally the final release will use the same model for either direct x version.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Mark me down as another satisfied Baytower customer. This plane is huge fun -- it looks great and flies exactly as I'd expect it to. The beta designation put me off at first too, but honestly it's a lot more polished than quite a few of the supposed release versions I've flown of other aircraft. Thumbs up!

+1 on the happy customer list. If you're even THINKING about purchasing this one, go ahead and get it and don't let the beta part scare you off. I've got planes that have 3 patches installed and they're STILL not as complete at the RV-7 models are.

Darrell

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I don't think so, they seem to be mostly women in my models lol?
    Thanks. Hopefully they'll add a male pilot too...I believe that this is planned for the final release.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Hmmm...interesting...pilot gender? No problem for me, the Bay Tower woman pilot is very well modelled...and is smiling, which I approve of
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Personally, I love being a woman for a while....

Okay, that didn't come out right.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Charter Member 2015
    Not knocking the fact that the RV features a woman pilot...it's just that I want this addon to fly only one particular paint (EI-HUM) which is flown in real life by a guy! The realism factor would be somewhat diminished if this ex-RAF Harrier pilot aqaintance of mine has suddenly changed gender in FS.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Personally, I love being a woman for a while....

Okay, that didn't come out right.
    I haven't got the leg's for it !

How fast does it go at altitude?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 0