Next project - DC-6 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Next project - DC-6

DC6

OHHHHHHHHH BOYY!!!! I'm Sooooooooooo Ready for this one.....

Ol'Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    OK, I've been wondering this for a while, is there any way to slow down the start up sequence so that the props turn over more slowly for a wee bit longer?
    It appears to be a known limitation in the FSX engine which would require a fair bit of custom coding to circumvent. We are unlikely to have the time to do this coding before the release of the DC-6, but we'll continue to look into it and we might be able to update it at a later date.

Martyn,
    I thought it might be an FSX constraint, as there are many, but thanks for checking into it for me.

Being that it now appears FSX may be around for quite some time to come, perhaps someone will take a look at how start up procedures might be modified.

It would be fun to watch those big old props slowly cycle around before they catch and start to sputter and belch smoke. Although it looks like you guys have the smoke part down pat.

It is always possible to arrive at suitable solutions, it is just a matter of time, priorities and software. SimConnect is used often for bespoke animation routines and other conditional code. It just takes a lot of time and effort in testing and re-writing. At some point one has to draw the line if you want your product out there. Rest assured, like all JF product, if improvements and fixes become available, you'll get them.

Charter Member 2015
    I received an email form Just Flight, they will be offering pre-orders next week, with a discount. they also have a price of $30.65 for the DC6, at their site, good price!!

David

I have some recollection that Doug Dawson did a slow prop setup for Milton's A26, which unfortunatly caused a CTD if used in FSX. But it should be possible. Had the pleasure of watching one of Cliff Everet's DC 6's warming up on the ramp yesterday before I blasted off for Tokyo.

Cheers: Tom

That looks like a buy for me.

DC-6

When I'm ever in the mood for a long trip with tight flight planning, I take the DC-6 the latest ones I can find that work great in FSX, i.e. exhaust flicker, night lighting, noises galore.. are still port overs from FS9. I am so ready for a native FSX model.... This one looks soooooo promising... Can't wait

Ol' Jarhead

My credit card just let out a little whimper!
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Ive seen a rubber band get wound up ..... 'boy' this one is wound so tight when it lets go look out

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Martyn/Baz, if still possible, darken up the engine fronts/inside nacelles. Usually not much sunlight gets inthere. ( same for inside airscoops )

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1842295.jpg

Will look much more realistic, honestly.

cheers,
    jan