Mission buiding for DPC Korea

Thread: Mission buiding for DPC Korea

Banned

Mission buiding for DPC Korea

What mission builder would I use to build a Korean mission?
    There is a CFS3 mission builder in my DPC Korea files but it is the one copied over from the stock CFS3 and the landscape is Europe.

I don't remember how does it work.

Usually, when you install an add on from a pure stock CFS3 + MB install, the MB should work in the installed add on. I haven't installed a MB for years now.

I have only trouble with it in BoB add on, don't know why but I haven't done any troubleshooting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Rich

Your mission builder is pointing to your stock CFS3 install. What you have to do is:

Right click on the mission builder shortcut in your korea install.

Select properties

You will find the following fields with a similar directory path

Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\mb\mb.exe"

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\"

Edit the path to match your korea install directory path.

If you installed korea in a child folder of "Microsoft Games" all you will have to edit is the text in red.

After you make the changes make sure to click the apply button and then close the window by selecting OK.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Rich

Your mission builder is pointing to your stock CFS3 install. What you have to do is:

Select properties

If you installed korea in a child folder of "Microsoft Games" all you will have to edit is the text in red.

After you make the changes make sure to click the apply button and then close the window by selecting OK.

Bob

Any advice as to how to change the splash screen from stock cfs3 to DPCKorea???

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Any advice as to how to change the splash screen from stock cfs3 to DPCKorea???
    yup.

Go to the mb folder in the uires folder. Replace the mbsplash.bmp with a 800 x 600 .bmp of your choice.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

yup.

Go to the mb folder in the uires folder. Replace the mbsplash.bmp with a 800 x 600 .bmp of your choice.

Many thanks.

Banned
    Rich

Select properties

Bob
    No matter which way I edit Target Path or File Path, I get
    Target Path invalid or File Path Invalid or both. This is on my Windows 7 machine.
    On my Vista machine, there is already a Korea Mission Builder folder but when I try to open it or start it, File Cannot Be Found!

You need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders.

Windows Explorer, top left corner, Organize button - Folder and search options - View tab. I think it's the same for Vista.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    You need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders.

Windows Explorer, top left corner, Organize button - Folder and search options - View tab. I think it's the same for Vista.
    I usually have Show Hidden Files and Folders checked and I went into Control Panel
    and into Folder Options - View - and Yes, Show Hidden Files and Folders is checked. Bum steer.
    :isadizzy:

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Rich,

It sounds like you dont have the mission builder installed in your DPC Korea install.

open your DPC Korea main install folder and check you have the following folders.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\mb

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\uires\mb

if you do not have those two folders then you need to install MB into your DPC install.

I have just had to do this while trying to figure out why you may not be able to get the new path to take in the shortcut edit.

Simply copy the same folders listed above from your stock CFS3 install and place them into your DPC Korea install folder (being carefull to put the right MB folder into each spot, dont mix them up). then make a copy of the short cut for the stock CFS3 MB and edit the path to match the DPC Korea install path.

Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\mb\mb.exe"

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\"

This is exactly what I have just done to get MB working in my copy of DPC.

HTH's

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Banned
    Believe this or not,
    CFS3 Mission Builder does not get installed when I install CFS3 on my Vista PC.
    I have 4 CFS3 installs with the patches currently on this machine in 4 different locations which I
    move to the different locations after installing CFS3 in the default location (Program Files). There is NO
    Program Files (x86) in Vista.
    Like, after installing CFS3 and adding Firepower, I cut and paste it to another location. etc. Then I can
    install another copy of CFS3 again.

On my Win7 PC, CFS3 Mission Builder gets installed as it should.

I downloaded CFS3 Mission Builder from the same location that I get the patches so
    I am ready to proceed without any more problems, I hope.

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Where does win7 hide bdp's and how does one remove all the 'read only' attributes so I don't have to play little tricks all the time when editing???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    Where does win7 hide bdp's and how does one remove all the 'read only' attributes so I don't have to play little tricks all the time when editing???
    Yeah, I put Win7 to sleep for now and, like I said, I'm on my Vista machine.
    I downloaded the CFS3 Mission Builder from Microsoft and put it in the CFS3 directory. Then I uninstalled DPC Korea
    and reinstalled it to pick up the Mission Builder that had been missing in CFS3. Now when I clicked on the Mission
    Builder in DPC Korea, wallahhhh . .

Attachment 52300

good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Members who have read this thread: 0