Prop textures

Thread: Prop textures

Prop textures

Can somebody tell me, again, how to adjust (ie, lighten/darken) prop blur textures? I recently discovered and installed the beautiful Hughes XF-11 package compiled by Mike Barnes from the model created by Ian Laurence/Craig Richardson. The prop blurs are almost black. I know that there is a relatively simple fix for this. I just need a jogged memory. :isadizzy:

LA

andersel

To adjust the color and transparency of prop blur textures, you will need Martin Wright's DXTbmp program (and the dll package the is required to run his programs) and a paint program. Prop blurs can be a real pain in the butt to work with to be totally honest. I don't have much success with them.....and I am comfortable with skinning, alpha channels and the assorted programs used to do sim paint work.

It would probably be easier to find a better prop blur texture to use on the plane. Where can the plane be downloaded from? I will grab it, find a better prop blur and send it to ya.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    andersel

...Where can the plane be downloaded from? I will grab it, find a better prop blur and send it to ya.

OBIO
    I D/L'd it, along with an update and a couple of textures at flightsim.com. Searching Hughes XF-11 or Mike Barnes should take you there. It's a truely beautiful airplane and I really want to get it set up & flying right. Thanks, Tim

LA

Beechcraft b1900c for fsx

I recently got this plane and the prop textures or appearance on the ground still is blurry looking. Can't see the propeller when still..Anybody have this plane and can walk me thru how to get the prop to show when still. I have model converter x and the propeller is two part but not sure which settings to use or is there more up to date propeller bmps or dds for this aircraft.
    I have the prop_TBX and prop2_TBX.bmp's.

This is the plane:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-made-flyable/

Thank you so much if anyone can help out.
    Happy Holidays to everyone!!
    Bob M.

Quote Originally Posted by unc1rlm View Post
    I recently got this plane and the prop textures or appearance on the ground still is blurry looking. Can't see the propeller when still..Anybody have this plane and can walk me thru how to get the prop to show when still. I have model converter x and the propeller is two part but not sure which settings to use or is there more up to date propeller bmps or dds for this aircraft.
    I have the prop_TBX and prop2_TBX.bmp's.

This is the plane:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-made-flyable/

Thank you so much if anyone can help out.
    Happy Holidays to everyone!!
    Bob M.
    Spinning and stationary props use different textures. If you can't see a stationary prop you must either have the stationary prop texture file missing, or something is keeping it from being visible in the sim, like it's in a format (such as 24-bits) that FS can't see. It's hard to imagine how a texture file could get into a wrong format but it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

If you have the file and it isn't working, open in in DXTbmp and save it in a format FS can read, like 256-colors, DXT1, DXT3 or 32-bits. If you don't have it at all, I don't know where you would find it. Maybe from someone else who has the model.