Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 13
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

just dug the paintkit back out so now it's time for me to get back to work on it... :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    No need for redrawing. Found it

Thank you once again, Doumet!

I've done it again, haven't I. Skipped this page to post my last missed page, lol. Went off and redrew logo when this one was sitting right here, lol. That'll teach me.

Many thanks Oléboy, Nice find.

Jamie

heres the latest images showing off the new metal and the kind of detail i'm cranking into it, and yes.... these are FS9 1024*1024 maps in use not 2048's, just adding some tonal variations in, and then it's onto other surfaces... then finally finalise the paint.... :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    just dug the paintkit back out so now it's time for me to get back to work on it... :salute:

Thanks Matt; I appreciate that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

no need to thank me Milton... just doing my job... :salute:

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I knew you'd bring home the bacon...first class Matt!

Very nice, subtle rivetting if I may say so.

Go to it Matt. A Man with a mission. Use yer alphas...just love it!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

well, heres the first sim shots of the new metal fuselage, metal effect was hand drawn and not taken from photos so i'm kinda pleased with the way it has turned out.... shows the difference between old metal i used (on the wings, struts and wing 'pods' ) and the new metal on the Fuselage and Fin....

Thanks Matt; bring it on.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

will There be a FSX version that Looks like a Fun Airplane to fly :salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    will There be a FSX version that Looks like a Fun Airplane to fly :salute:
    It will port to FSX as I fly it there already.

If anyone wishes to convert it to native, the gmax source will be available.

The flight model is sweet already, although its still a WIP, she will be a nice hand-flying machine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

and heres the latest.... will get some sim shots in a while, after i've had breakfast.... didn't get a wink of sleep all night so spent it working the Avia

Blog Entries
    The 51 is looking better and better Matt. Thanks for the update.

thanks buddy :salute:

here's how she sits at the moment, i'm gonna have to take a nap been on the burn over 36 hours... only really logos to go on and the Czech text, if anyone has any clue what it says could they please let me know, same with the logo's... i know one is Avia's badge the other is a stumper....

Thanks Matt. I am looking forward to a paint scheme more acceptable than teh template based scheme. It's getting a bit "long in the tooth".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

yeah, nude is rude

I've got one just like that...

Attachment 54566

How can we seriously put down at any respectable airport, stark naked?
    Milton's more daring than me...

I've been going round in circles, left up here for...weeks?
    Need a shave too.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Everyone, Milton, Matt, Nigel, and all the rest involved in the Avia 51 project. My apology for jumping ship. Just too many things going on to keep bailing with a bucket without a bottom.

If my workings on the 156 will be of benefit or use, let me know. I will gather up what's needed and send away. A PM or my email will get my attention.

Matt, concerning the emblems, badges and other markings for the 51, I never got that far. I can likely come up with something if I dig enough.

Thanks Oleboy. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

Matt now has all the pictures I have with markings readable.

I think we will have to manage with what we have now, otherwise, we will fake it until someone from the Czech Republic tells us differently.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oleboy, Milton, if you want me to i'll finish the 156 also.... :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Oleboy, Milton, if you want me to i'll finish the 156 also.... :salute:

Hi Matt,

As best as I can tell, the exterior is done. Only the interior remains to be painted.

Remembering that the 156 was in prototype phase, what Oleboy has completed looks like the photo to me, except better.

The interior will be teh same for both so if you do that, both mapping are the same.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

wilco Milton, will give it a shot :salute:

EDIT; Milton can you resend the latest model files and base interior Bitmaps? i don't seem to have them for some reason....

Blog Entries

Best of both worlds, the way I see it...

I agree 100%

Oleboy has done some very slick work indeed, for the '156 exteriors.
    I've been flying her for a week now, (adjustments to sounds, oil test or any daft excuse I can use, just to get this baby airborne)

And Oleboy has given us one 'purdy' paintjob guys!

And now Matt is on finals with the '51, and making us all verrry proud, if I may say so.

So it ooks like we're getting the best of both worlds on this one; No choice...Both!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

reworking the interior just a bit, i've laid some wood in there and am still working it.... your ideas please guys, lets see what we can come up with.... :salute:

making some more progress, still gotta decide on seats and wall colour, i might do a few variations so you can chop and choose between them....

Update, trialling Red seats.....

Matt,Oh man, I am sorry. I did not realize you were on the interior.

The interior is being updated on the 156 side and that will be moved to the 51 today.

The only wood mentioned in the articles is on the floor.
    I am thinking a darker inlaid wood in the aisle that may be covered under the seats with carpet.
    The overall aura should be one of elegance, expensive decor, and comfortable. Leather seating would be preferred of a dark red, maybe wine colored.
    The walls were doubled and enclosed for sound deadening, and there would be shelving under the windows. See the work I have done on the 156.The shelving may be dark cherry or a color matching the leather seating.
    I would expect fine metal and/or wood trim along the walls and windows and around the doors.

To quote an earlier post:

"From what I have read, great hopes went into these aircraft.
    Each were hand-built with great attention to detail.
    I agree that the intended clientele were wealthy travelers and this would be reflected in the interior appointments.
    My guess on the passenger cabin is based on the description of the flooring, and the assumption that Czech decor of the period was conservative and somewhat muted.

For the floor, walnut may have been chosen for it's durability and lighter weight than other hardwoods. Since it was inlaid, some of the aluminum floor structure would be visible. The wood may have extended up the sides of the cabin wall a foot or so to prevent scuffing. The airline would have specified leather seating for durability. Rather than black, they may have had a dark oxblood finish.
    The fore and aft bulkhads would also have been leather padded to protect passengers in turbulent weather.
    Lever type door latches would be recessed.
    A dome light or two would provide general lighting, with a separate lamp for each seat.
    Cabin windows would be provided with opaque shades or curtains."
    I do not see curtains in the pictures so I have not added them.I can send an "Interior-only" model if that would help you to see things better.Here were some of my earlier thoughts for added confusion

For interior design, my thoughts are:
    1) General wall colors are light (not white) but something that would go with the exterior, maybe with some texture
    2) Cabin Seating is leather, maybe dark red or wine, very dark.
    3) Side panels (shelf) I would prefer something dark and elegant, not fancy, sides can be a mixture of seat leather and wall texture? and some kind of interface border to tie them together, metal, wood, etc. Top shelf has to be durable, can be a matching dark stained wood, or something that might match your interface scheme.
    4) Floor should be a dark inlaid wood, maybe stained dark brown or cherry if you use mahoghany, can be floor wide, or some subtle carpet under the seats.
    5) Window treatment: some kind of window framing would be appropriate, just keep it subtle.
    6) Shadows and shading in all corners and recessed edges, under seating, both sides of wall, floor, panel interfaces.
    Area above windows gradiently darker than sides, Flooring should be shadowed down, very dark under seating.
    Side panel recesses (holding newspapers) should be darker.

Generally I prefer subtlety, not clear distinct detail.
    This is just a sense of my thinking. If you have ideas about a different approach, feel free to share and let's do it. :-)

I have attached a color swatch that I used on the 51 for testing.
    Colors similar to these would match the exterior well.

I really like the wood and metal and cloth treatment we did for the Spartan interior:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/spartan/Image493.jpg

http://www.flightsimonline.com/spartan/Image491.jpg
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 70