Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 57
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74749505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1437

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

Hi,

Here's a slightly modified Avia 007 twin engine(? Ford side-valve jobs) painted up as an advertising Special from the archives of Renny Lacost. And much good it did him, too.

Of course, you've already guessed it's a Russian copy of an Avia 007.

Attachment 78000

Andy

Ha! I like that! :-) Thanks for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I intend to release the Avia 57 in floats this weekend so everyone can enjoy Nigel's awesome textures on this one. Should be out Saturday. Investing today in package testing and setup.

I was down a couple days with a URI but the fever and chills are gone and the meds are working, so back to work. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take care Milton.

I just cannot stop enjoying Air Atlantique paint, its seems nothing big but somehow i always liked this airline and now i can go back and forth across the channel with nice plane painted in colours of my favourite airline. Thanks again for this amazing plane :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    I just cannot stop enjoying Air Atlantique paint, its seems nothing big but somehow i always liked this airline and now i can go back and forth across the channel with nice plane painted in colours of my favourite airline. Thanks again for this amazing plane :salute:

I admire that you can do this and enjoy the aircraft. We have been so busy with so many releases, I haven't had the time to just fly and enjoy. But, I plan to that soon ...

It is a pleasure to see others truly enjoy the results of all the efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I admire that you can do this and enjoy the aircraft. We have been so busy with so many releases, I haven't had the time to just fly and enjoy. But, I plan to that soon ...

It is a pleasure to see others truly enjoy the results of all the efforts.
    the joys of development eh Milton? 200 hours work+.... 30mins in Sim i know i haven't opened my sim and flown in a long time... last flight report that was a flight and not just 'open, check paint, close' was October 27th....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    the joys of development eh Milton? 200 hours work+.... 30mins in Sim i know i haven't opened my sim and flown in a long time... last flight report that was a flight and not just 'open, check paint, close' was October 27th....
    You need a vacation, Tiger... I have found some real R&R flying the Avia 57, particularly, the "Savannah Queen", with her undisclosed cargo of "beverages":isadizzy: to parts of East Africa you can't get to from here...lol! BTW... your hard work and determination are appreciated by all of the blokes and sheilas at the dispersal, mate. :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Flying the Avia 57 (wheeled version) a couple weeks ago was a TREAT! I'm really look'n forward to fly'n the floats version!

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE

FlightSim: FS9/FS2004 v9.1
    Aircraft: Avia 57 Tri-Motor (Milton Shupe)
    Flight From: Anchorage (PANC) (Aerosoft)
    Flight To: Fairbanks (PAFA) (Aerosoft)
    Distance: 224.9 NM
    Nature of Flt: Cargo Delivery
    Flight Time: 1 hr(s) 07 Min(s)
    Screen Capture: Snapper (Michiel Overtoom)

WARNING!: View slideshows at your own risk & have your popcorn ready! Perhaps coffee too!....ENJOY!

VIEW ENTIRE SLIDESHOW HERE

All the Avia 57 Floats' parts are here; testing is going well. Release is set for Saturday.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here's a peek :-)
    Is that a Leopard? Fantastic work!!! Now I going to have to do something for the other cargo hauler if possible!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Avia 57 on Floats Released

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Avia Series of Aircraft Projects Complete

With the release of the Avia 57 on Floats, our series of Avia aircraft projects are complete.

This series focused on designs by the original Czech designer, Robert Nebesar, who introduced new concepts, construction techniques, and vision to the Czech manufacturing world. Trained in the USA, he returned home to carry out his career and contribute to the fast evolving industry prior to Hitler's grasp on the area and the industry.

I have expressed my thanks in the documentation to Hurricane91 for his efforts to secure rare data and pictures to assist in these projects. Through his Czech Republic contacts named in that documentation, we have been able to achieve a reasonable representation of these designs. Unfortunately, no cockpit or interior pictures were found so we did the best we could based on textual descriptions.

Thanks to all the contributors and you, SOH membership, for your support throughout the projects.

Matt and Oleboy did some amazing work on the 51 and 156. James Banks did some very nice work on the Avia 57 flight model mods.
    Nigel Richards' sounds have pulled all these aircraft into the sound heaven, each tuned specifically for the aircraft engines, props, exhausts, showing respect for the quality of sound deadening interiors.

Nigel's artistic expression throughout the Avia 56 and 57 series hoists these aircraft to new levels in quality and realism.

We are of course very appreciative of the contributions of Bill "Lionheart" Ortis and others named in the packages credits.

This then is the team that brought to you the Avia Series of Projects over the past year. And to them, I salute. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,

What a wonderful gift to the Flight Sim community all your aircraft are Milton. With the rest of the Team you have created Masterpieces and I am just one voice out of thousands who say 'Thank You'

I am now off to fetch the refreshments

Andy.

With the release of the Avia 57 on Floats, our series of Avia aircraft projects are complete.

This series focused on designs by the original Czech designer, Robert Nebesar, who introduced new concepts, construction techniques, and vision to the Czech manufacturing world. Trained in the USA, he returned home to carry out his career and contribute to the fast evolving industry prior to Hitler's grasp on the area and the industry.

I have expressed my thanks in the documentation to Hurricane91 for his efforts to secure rare data and pictures to assist in these projects. Through his Czech Republic contacts named in that documentation, we have been able to achieve a reasonable representation of these designs. Unfortunately, no cockpit or interior pictures were found so we did the best we could based on textual descriptions.

Thanks to all the contributors and you, SOH membership, for your support throughout the projects.

Matt and Oleboy did some amazing work on the 51 and 156. James Banks did some very nice work on the Avia 57 flight model mods.
    Nigel Richards' sounds have pulled all these aircraft into the sound heaven, each tuned specifically for the aircraft engines, props, exhausts, showing respect for the quality of sound deadening interiors.

Nigel's artistic expression throughout the Avia 56 and 57 series hoists these aircraft to new levels in quality and realism.

We are of course very appreciative of the contributions of Bill "Lionheart" Ortis and others named in the packages credits.

This then is the team that brought to you the Avia Series of Projects over the past year. And to them, I salute. :salute:

Gracious comments/acknowledgements such as this one show that you are in a different class of people Milton. Thank you Sir.
    And of course thank you to all of the team that made these works of art possible.

Stefan

Ya'll made my Christmas.....THANK YOU!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TailHook View Post
    Ya'll made my Christmas.....THANK YOU!
    Thank YOU Sir!

Happy holiday flying.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Gracious comments/acknowledgements such as this one show that you are in a different class of people Milton. Thank you Sir.
    And of course thank you to all of the team that made these works of art possible.

Stefan
    Well said, Stefan.

I will offer my humble gratitude to Milton and his team of artisans and craftsmen for another masterpiece! "Thanks" just seems so woefully lacking an expression upon receiving a gift such as this but it's the best I can offer! Salute to you all! :salute:

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

There is no words to express my gratitude of such an awesome model... awesome teamwork guys!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

@Nigel or Milton:

I just noticed one minor issue...When trying to steer in the water, I have little to no turning radius at all (the water rudders are down). In point.10 & point.11, I increased the 25 degrees to 35 degrees (see below), but to no avail....Am I overlooking something?....Can ya'll suggest any other ideas?

point.10 = 5, -19.104, -9.803, -7.93, 1600, 0, 0, 35, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
    point.11 = 5, -19.104, 9.803, -7.93, 1600, 0, 0, 35, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0

Thank You!
    :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by TailHook View Post
    @Nigel or Milton:

I just noticed one minor issue...When trying to steer in the water, I have little to no turning radius at all (the water rudders are down). In point.10 & point.11, I increased the 25 degrees to 35 degrees (see below), but to no avail....Am I overlooking something?....Can ya'll suggest any other ideas?

point.10 = 5, -19.104, -9.803, -7.93, 1600, 0, 0, 35, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
    point.11 = 5, -19.104, 9.803, -7.93, 1600, 0, 0, 35, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0

Thank You!
    :isadizzy:

The issue is the depth of the rudders. I will append the proper numbers shortly after testing. Leave the rudder deflection at 25 or less.

EDIT: This tests well ... rudders were slightly high, out of water.

point.10 = 5, -19.104, -9.803, -8.93, 1600, 0, 0, 25, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
    point.11 = 5, -19.104, 9.803, -8.93, 1600, 0, 0, 25, 0, 0, 0.65, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Is that a Leopard? Fantastic work!!! Now I going to have to do something for the other cargo hauler if possible!
    Yep.. it sure is!. it took me a bit to try and figure out where exactly the "leopard" was... I kept looking at the screenie of the plane on the water, thinking a leopard was hiding on the shoreline somewhere....:isadizzy:

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Yep.. it sure is!. it took me a bit to try and figure out where exactly the "leopard" was... I kept looking at the screenie of the plane on the water, thinking a leopard was hiding on the shoreline somewhere....:isadizzy:

There are infact two!

In the Goodman Cargo, 'Kitty' (half hidden in the footwell) takes care of co-pilots who don't follow the rules.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    There are infact two!

In the Goodman Cargo, 'Kitty' (half hidden in the footwell) takes care of co-pilots who don't follow the rules.
    I reckon you have all the bases covered, then. Oh wait! those "kittys" can also keep any would be opportunist from stealing the ouzo stash we pilfered a few weeks ago. It's a fine piece of work, exceptional... You guys never cease to amaze me with the quality of your artistry and imagination. :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 70