Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 51
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4143444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1437

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

WAHHHH! YOU BROKE IT!!!

Okay, I have all the changes made for the known issues.

I will package up a second beta and upload in a couple hours. Same link.

I'll post when ready.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Beta 2 - Full Package Ready for Testing - 92 MB

Three models, 9 liveries, 2 panels ... updates in every area.

Give her a good FS9 round of tests.

I have not provided FSX portover updates as there are still clickable issues and some other minor niggles on the FSX portover side. Will keep working on that side.

Same link as before.

Have fun, and thank you so much for all your efforts. They are really appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL How cool is that??!!! Thanks fo rsharing that pic.

It looks like a modified YC-125.
    It's apparently a Northrop N-23, built and lost just after WWII. The YC-125 was developed for the US military from the earlier design. Sadly another case of an interesting project being scuppered by the glut of surpluss war transports. Huge too by the look of a few other photos I've seen, but the lines aren't as refined as those on the Avia.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpropfan View Post
    My sincere apologies to Mr. Shupe and Mr. Richards but I think I've had an oopsie. Those new brakes are quite touchy aren't they, but in our defense the co-guilty was screaming something about cows on the runway. Looked more like deer to me but in the end no wildlife was harmed in spite of our best efforts to use them as padding. Damages to be taken from our pay I assume.

Booooo Hoooooo!!!!

Naaah, you did the right thing in the circumstances.

But talking of co's, they can be irksome with their outbursts and chit-chat.

Better have a word with Lou!...
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I guess that CO needs to re-read the checklist on his side of the panel. No wait that was only in one of the versions

The brakes are actually not as sharp as I had expected them to be based on the comments. Just don't forget to pull the yoke in your lap as you step on them to keep the tail planted and then ease off as you slow to taxi speed....easy as pie.

One small edit in the aircraft.cfg [fuel] section might save you test pilots from earning your glider rating as tank #1 runs dry and all 3 engines stop.

number_of_tank_selectors = 1 should be changed to 3 so that all tanks are available.

Cheers
    Stefan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    I guess that CO needs to re-read the checklist on his side of the panel. No wait that was only in one of the versions

The brakes are actually not as sharp as I had expected them to be based on the comments. Just don't forget to pull the yoke in your lap as you step on them to keep the tail planted and then ease off as you slow to taxi speed....easy as pie.

One small edit in the aircraft.cfg [fuel] section might save you test pilots from earning your glider rating as tank #1 runs dry and all 3 engines stop.

number_of_tank_selectors = 1 should be changed to 3 so that all tanks are available.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Stefan, Lol. very observant - you are onto it Sir!!!

Great testing going on there behind the scenes - well done team! :salute:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Hi,

I'm sposed to be a tester, but I'm just flying her around thinking what a beauty this aeroplane is. The sound files are stunning...I think there's a tappet needs fettling in engine 3 somewhere.

Andy.

SOH-CM-2020
    Wicked

I've just installed Beta v2 and found a cargo version loaded with lots of illicit goodies , plus some little piggies.

This is getting way better than expected

Now I'm off to feed the hungry locals in the wilderness

Pete.

LOL Guys.

Sorry I left Sounds out of the package :isadizzy:, and ignore the thumbnails ... just haven't gotten to them yet.

Still some minor pesky issues around and will try to clear up today.

Hit me with any issues as you can and maybe we can get this released by the weekend.

Thank you so much for your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by oldpropfan View Post
    My sincere apologies to Mr. Shupe and Mr. Richards but I think I've had an oopsie. Those new brakes are quite touchy aren't they, but in our defense the co-guilty was screaming something about cows on the runway. Looked more like deer to me but in the end no wildlife was harmed in spite of our best efforts to use them as padding. Damages to be taken from our pay I assume.

Ha! Stacked her up real nice there, mate. Poor ol' deer... never saw it comming. Either that or very clearly a case for revving those engines up, and jumping smartly over the wheel chocks! Not to worry... I did the same thing, and there wasn't any wildlife on the runway. Scarey version... I'm attempting this at night with wind gust 5 to 8 out of the north. Good thing she's still an easy bird to land, and the runways at Brisbane are nice and looooonnnng!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Some other issues to address:

1) Stall light
    2) CHT not going high enough on full out climb to force you to back off a bit
    3) MAP wasn't dropping on high altitude climb
    4) Nose overs
    5) Lights-right wing green, tail lights-eliminate, tweak interior lighting
    6) Alpha issues in FSX with net and parrot cage
    7) thumbnails for FSX
    8) ATC-ID Fltsim.3 incorrect: fixed
    9) Nose down attitude at/above cruise speeds
    10) FSX-Clickability issues
    11) Add FSX updates folder
    12) Tank selectors = 3
    13) Correct prop idle issue: done Chg min throttle to .1
    14) Correct lighting locations: done

Magoo has corrected items #3 and #4 and will focus on #9 tonight. The FM improvements are mainly all his work. Thank you Sir
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Avia 57 model has had a great shift in it's center of gravity and sundry other heavy items. Braking should be relatively normal in a mid thirties kinda way.

One point...this is a tail dragger with a very tall main gear and not so long a fuselage. It's way up there, even on the ground. When breaking hard, the pilot is advised to pull the yoke back with some emotionality to ensure the tail-down attitude is maintained and passengers maintain a commercially viable sense of boredom.

Ask any South American dirt strip Dakota driver.

One last point. The Bush thing.

Nigel....are you responsible...? I wonder if we could hack-up a gauge that would play the sound of empty beer cans clattering across the floor everytime the aircraft banked....?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post

Nigel....are you responsible...? I wonder if we could hack-up a gauge that would play the sound of empty beer cans clattering across the floor everytime the aircraft banked....?
    Oh yes i was flying and remembered Mr. Lyons Goose it would be so cool to have oinking pigs and clucking chickens at back of bush version.

Hi,
    In a Flight demo I saw on YouTube you could fly with chickens and if you did a loop they really squawked LOL! The sheep is standing in for a chicken.

One thing I noticed in the Bush version was that the bitmap(?) for the electrical switch panel shows up with missing pieces/holes, which doesn't happen in the other panel.

Andy.

Another FM update: fixes idle issue, fuel tank selectors, lighting locations, improves CHT and Oil Temp variability (needs tweaking by RW radial pilot who understands normals, swing rates, maximums), etc.

NOTE: The cargo version is intended to be a little more modern, albeit worn, and therefore will carry later lights like the beacon. Not a big deal but a difference.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    I wonder if we could hack-up a gauge that would play the sound of empty beer cans clattering across the floor everytime the aircraft banked....?

Of course they'd have to be the heavier tin can... aluminum cans not yet being invented and aircraft manufacturers not knowing what they were missing.

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Someone mentioned issues with the Cargo electrical panel. Screenshots would be helpful as I am not seeing holes in either one.

Here is what I see.

Anyone else seeing an issue there?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Oh yes i was flying and remembered Mr. Lyons Goose it would be so cool to have oinking pigs and clucking chickens at back of bush version.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    In a Flight demo I saw on YouTube you could fly with chickens and if you did a loop they really squawked LOL! The sheep is standing in for a chicken.

One thing I noticed in the Bush version was that the bitmap(?) for the electrical switch panel shows up with missing pieces/holes, which doesn't happen in the other panel.

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Of course they'd have to be the heavier tin can... aluminum cans not yet being invented and aircraft manufacturers not knowing what they were missing.

Okay...so I'm...irresposible!

These ideas are all perfectly feasible and easily incorporated for the 'Bush Cargo' model.

With Milton's kind permission (the package size of this project is already tipping the scales), I'll supply a set of suitable ear candy as requested.

BTW, almost forgot to remind you all gentlemen: before closing the office at the day's end, PLEASE,

Don't forget to feed Kitty!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Someone mentioned issues with the Cargo electrical panel. Screenshots would be helpful as I am not seeing holes in either one.

Here is what I see.

Anyone else seeing an issue there?
    Yes!!! Nice catch!!!

Amending.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Hi,

@ Milton, I can't find the problem now with the pop up electrical panel, but Nigel has fixed it anyway:isadizzy::isadizzy:! I think we're thinking of different parts of the panel .

When it was dragged across a light background you could see through parts of it, but it seemed to have cleared up, unlike me, who's just befuddled .

I'll get me coat.

Andy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

@ Milton, I can't find the problem now with the pop up electrical panel, but Nigel has fixed it anyway:isadizzy::isadizzy:! I think we're thinking of different parts of the panel .

When it was dragged across a light background you could see through parts of it, but it seemed to have cleared up, unlike me, who's just befuddled .

I'll get me coat.

Andy.
    Befuddled?

Nahh, you're doing a great job!
    Just enjoying what you're doing.

Save the befuddled label for me - I've got me coat on all the time...

jist incase! :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Nonono...the befuddle is a type necktie I wear around my head when hacking flightsim files.

Nonono...the befuddle is a type necktie I wear around my head when hacking flightsim files.

LOL Do you have a picture of that???

Whatever it takes, it seems to be working just fine; keep doing it!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    PLEASE,Don't forget to feed Kitty!!!
    I was wondering where my co-pilot went.