Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 41
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1437

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

can i get a techie out ASAP... think i've got half a tree caught up in the access points.... no it wasn't my fault.... it was the local airfields for not cutting the trees back enough.... needless to say i've now cleared a gap in them for you all :salute: the things i do to help the team....

now.... where's my glass of 12? and Nigel get my μπρίκι out.... it's gonna be a long day and i need my Coffee.... maybe i should build a fictional strip somewhere in Europe for these Avias to fly to from Cheb... if i do.... don't expect an easy landing site, or navaids, or pre-defined runway....

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I couldn't help but notice in those photos... you had Milton's Avia 57 parked next to the fence. Me wonders if he knows you have it. I recognise those big tires, and that clean three engine airframe design in a minute. You best hurry along and get that plane back into the hangar, mate. Especially before Matt sees it sitting there. You'll wake up the next morning with buckets of aeroplane paint at the doorstep... and the cash on delivery bill to boot. By the way Nigel... thank you for your excellent painting on the '51' Amphibian... the New Zealanders thank you too!

BB686:USA-flag:
    Lol.
    Sharp observation there BB-686.
    Don't worry, Milton cleared me for the '57 a few days ago - someones got to run those radials in.

Matt? ...well maybe he'll take the bait, I'd love to see some of his creative magic on a Dreamship such as this.

New Zealanders? Bugger!...dive for cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    can i get a techie out ASAP... think i've got half a tree caught up in the access points.... no it wasn't my fault.... it was the local airfields for not cutting the trees back enough.... needless to say i've now cleared a gap in them for you all :salute: the things i do to help the team....

now.... where's my glass of 12? and Nigel get my μπρίκι out.... it's gonna be a long day and i need my Coffee.... maybe i should build a fictional strip somewhere in Europe for these Avias to fly to from Cheb... if i do.... don't expect an easy landing site, or navaids, or pre-defined runway....
    Matt wants his 'μπρίκι' (it's a purpose built, mini coffee pot used for making Greek coffee).
    That means he's up to something and means business!

Sounds like a good plan you have there - now Cheb is actually two airports (much to my 'amusement' in finding out, a couple of days ago) ; pre-1939 and 1940 - present day. There's plenty of room for teamwork if you're interested in doing some bulldozing/building/creating.

Are you gonna make me an offer I can't refuse Tiger?

Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post

Matt? ...well maybe he'll take the bait, I'd love to see some of his creative magic on a Dreamship such as this.

New Zealanders? Bugger!...dive for cover!
    i can sling the paint off it when the time comes, i always make room in the hangar for Miltons stuff....

Kiwi's? bugger i'm hiding!

Kiwi's? bugger i'm hiding!
    Yeah... they overfish their limits too! lol!

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Blog Entries
    (icon; a frappe in a Guinness jar:icon)

BB-686, Matt; you pair of scoundrels better pipe-down and keep your heads low - I can think of at least two Kiwis who'll be around here, clipping the daisies with their new toys before long...

... one of them will be making a vid to record the occaison!

...and a couple of Greeks to clear up the stalks left behind...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

SOH-CM-2020
    My thanks to all who have helped bring the Avia 51 to life.

I'm just lovin' this classic and I only wish I could have flown one for real.

Thanks to to Nigel for giving the old girl a personal touch for the company

http://www.vanisleva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12708

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post

Pete.
    Boy oh Boy! How gorgeous is that? Great work. Is it available for just any old Joe, like me?

John

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    My thanks to all who have helped bring the Avia 51 to life.
    I'm just lovin' this classic and I only wish I could have flown one for real.
    Pete.
    Pete; Those pics are nothing short of AWESOME!!!
    Beautiful, atmospheric shots,
    Exceptional, well groomed and finely tuned sim,

...and an amazing classic aicraft at the hands of a REAL aviation expert!
    You just made every step of the way worthwhile Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    Boy oh Boy! How gorgeous is that? Great work. Is it available for just any old Joe, like me?
    John
    John; don't just sit there...grab one for yourself, and have the time of your life Sir.

And bye-the-way, This and the other Avia project aicraft are freely available here 'on the House" in the SOH downloads section,
    and yes!, it was purposely created precisely for discerning Gentlemen such as yourself.

Happy Landings

ps: You might consider donating some pics of your flying, for all of us to enjoy.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

ps: You might consider donating some pics of your flying, for all of us to enjoy.
    Nigel, no sooner said......

Boarded EPZG VFR to Lodz, Poland

Ready for startup

En route to Lodz (EPLL)

Arriving at Lodz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    Nigel, no sooner said......

Boarded EPZG VFR to Lodz, Poland

Ready for startup

En route to Lodz (EPLL)

Arriving at Lodz
    O man! Those pics are a joy to behold Sir.

Where have you been hiding all this time John?

The scenery and textures in the second pic 'Ready for startup' are particularly notworthy. May I ask what scenery that is, and what seasonal textures you're using?

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Aw shucks, Nigel, as they say across the pond. Glad you liked but they don't hold a candle to the Seaplane set. That really was something. I never saw better FS screenshots.

The sceneries are from Polish Airports vol 2 from Drzewiecki Design - http://www.drzewiecki-design.net. Their EPKK (Krakow) scenery is astonishing but must be bought separately. Most of the sceneries are available for FS2004 and FSX. I have most of the FS2004 ones and they are without exception, superb. They provide plenty of additional information about the airfields, charts etc. No conflict of interest, BTW.

Re Seasonal textures. I've lost track a bit with what sceneries are running on my server PC and client (Wide FS) that half time I don't know what's active and what isn't. For the startup and Lodz pics I think the textures are in the addon sceneries, for the other pics I have GE Pro spring. It was winter at both ends of the journey but spring in between......

GE Pro is an old program now and not designed for W7. It causes me much grief so that I'm for ever deactivating bits of it, and then reactivating. I never learn.

Blog Entries
    Lol.
    Seriously John, its always a great pleasure and fascination to see how others tweak their sims.

I have 6 different installations of fs2004 for various purposes, one is straight from the box, the others, a motley assortment of fiddling and tweaking - quite lost track of exactly what I have, as you also mention.

Well, if you enjoyed the other Avias, the good news is that the best is yet to come;

The Avia 57 is an incredible piece of machinery, a very refined aircraft marking the pinnacle of pre-war Avia development.

Milton is presently working in virtual self-imposed isolation, periodically leaving the door ajar for a golden glimpse of what will follow.

It's awesome Gentlemen, with many fine refinements, details and ingenious engineering solutions...

But more on that from the Man himself.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Avia 51 at "God's Chair"
    Simply outstanding!!!

Lol.
    Seriously John, its always a great pleasure and fascination to see how others tweak their sims.

The Avia 57 is an incredible piece of machinery, a very refined aircraft marking the pinnacle of pre-war Avia development.

Milton is presently working in virtual self-imposed isolation, periodically leaving the door ajar for a golden glimpse of what will follow.
    I lost track of Milton for years - since he made the Dash 7 for FS2002, or was it FS2000? Now and again I'd visit his Dash 7 site - http://www.flightsimonline.com/dash7/; and I found his beautiful G18S somewhere. All that was a long time ago (apologies to TSE). You can imagine my surprise when an Avia 51 by him and team popped up on Avsim.

I'm doing a VFR tour of Poland and was heartened by your comments about the GEPro scenery textures. Here are a couple more pics showing mountains to the south of Jelenia Gora (EPJG). I know the transition from green to snow/ice is a bit blocky in places but overall it is not a bad representation. I included the second picture because I like the way the sun lights up the ground through the clouds. So, the GE Pro textures aren't half bad when they work - they convince me anyways BTW, I use FSG meshes down to 19m for Poland.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/.../402046198.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL84/.../402046194.jpg

John

Avia 57 Progress

@John Hubbard: I remember you John. It is nice to see you here and still enjoying the Dash 7. We hope to have an updated Dash 7 released in 8 weeks or so.

@dvj: Great scenery! Thanks for sharing the screen shot. :-)

The Avia 57 is moving steadily forward with the exterior model now mapped and headed to the paint shop. The flight model is close to done. The current focus is the VC and it is about 80% completed.

Currently plan for both a 14-passenger and cargo version. Since this model has both flaps and an additional DC-3 type center flap/speed brake, she can land easily on <2000' runways. I have no trouble with 1200' runways, landing at 60 knots. She loves unimproved landing strips. Cruise speed is 176 knots.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    The new Avia is looking very good Milton. You've put in a lot of time on this sweetheart and it shows. It's a real beauty.

It's good to see that door, Milton. I'm betting that area alone took some major efforts on the real, and simulated design. She's looking good and progressing nicely.

I didn't realise that the '57' was so sleek in design. Very clean lines and a rather nice looking airplane to boot. Looking Good, Milton.

Good to see her up and flying... even if she's still in development. It's about time you went over and got her out of Nigel's hangar...

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The Avia 57 will be an interesting ride for sure. It is a joy to fly as it just wants to fly itself. Approach and landing is predictable and very controllable, rather forgiving, and the flaps make a world of difference over the previous designs.

The door and stairs were in fact a major challenge but after consultations, and lots of planning, it all worked out great. Lots of moving parts, animations, and timing happening, but sweet to watch.

The package should be ready in about 4 weeks, or so.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

thanks for the updates..this looks so appealing..even while parked..!! can-t wait to fly her..!!

rgds
    t creed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I didn't realise that the '57' was so sleek in design. Very clean lines and a rather nice looking airplane to boot. Looking Good, Milton.

Good to see her up and flying... even if she's still in development. It's about time you went over and got her out of Nigel's hangar...

BB686
    Don't be a spoil-sport!

That would be like taking candy from a baby...

And in any case only one person knows where the hangar is and he already has his own '57!

Its nowhere near my orchard either - so don't get any big ideas with young Matt on scrumpin' my '57 cos ya won't find it!

Oh...and Bravo-Bravo. look; :USA-flag: pinched yer flag whiles you were fixin 'to pinch m' 57.

So ya better watch out before I gets yer Seafury too!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Oh...and Bravo-Bravo. look; :USA-flag: pinched yer flag whiles you were fixin 'to pinch m' 57.
    ooh we're playing capture the flag.....

"got it! bugger wrong flag..... quick Nigel get it back to base so we score a point! i'll distract him and lay down some supressive fire..... look BB a sea Fury!"

Attachment 63633

thinking i may have to check my e-mail inbox according to my Comrade... apparently there's something i need to be looking at....

Blog Entries
    ooh we're playing capture the flag.....

"got it! bugger wrong flag..... quick Nigel get it back to base so we score a point! i'll distract him and lay down some supressive fire..... look BB a sea Fury!"
    thinking i may have to check my e-mail inbox according to my Comrade... apparently there's something i need to be looking at....

And the winners take all!

:USA-flag: +Avia 57
    Attachment 63634Attachment 63633 Nice catch...finders, keepers....

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

SOH-CM-2020
    Seriously Milton .... are you finding time to sleep and eat .

What with the updated Dash 7 coming out shortly and this Avia 57 in the final stages of production, along with ALL the other wonderful creations of late, it's kinda hard to keep up and get sufficient time in each aircraft to be proficient.

Thanks for all of them especially the Avia 51 & 56 series ..... and I'm really looking forward to the 57.

Pete.