Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 23
Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13151617181920212223242526272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello John,

Sorry for taking so long, I'm having difficulties with file uploads for this project.

I'll do my best to assist (I don't have Golden Wings scenery, though I think I'll be going for it) : the autogen files (they should be XML) normally go in the main fs 'autogen' folder.
    If it is named 'default', I would strongly advise making a back-up of anything you may be replacing!

I never install scenery files in anything but 'scenery addon' folders. This includes traffic too! That way it's far easier to trace and delete anything problematic or simply undesirable. So if the contents of the file you describe as 'scenery' are normal bgl files, make up a new addon scenery folder, suitably named, activate it and check it out.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks, no problem, will take care of it.
    Thanks, Sir Milton. I wasn't sure if it could be remedied at this point considering.

My reworking on the repaint (for the most part) is lined up and looking real nice. I'm currently working on the nacelles, texture scale, to match the nose cowl texture. I'm also adding cowl lines, grime, oil and bug splats to try and match the photos somewhat.

I almost forgot.

From front view;

1] The left (bottom) window frame is sinking in the nose skin.
    2] The left intake is partially buried in the skin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    got room to squeeze my mossie in there?
    Well...if its approprately painted in prototype yellow, you might just get away with it...
    but that would be '41 and the '41 occupants' would greet you with a fair amount of flak - they had an aircraft factory there!

I think you'll find the mid - late thirties crowd far frendlier company for some real nostalgic flying.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

fine, i'll bring my Hurri, Hurri is currently at Larissa in case you were wondering Nigel won't take me long to fly her up....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    ...to try and match the photos somewhat.
    More than somewhat I would say. Nice work OB.

Thanks, Sir Milton. I wasn't sure if it could be remedied at this point considering.

My reworking on the repaint (for the most part) is lined up and looking real nice. I'm currently working on the nacelles, texture scale, to match the nose cowl texture. I'm also adding cowl lines, grime, oil and bug splats to try and match the photos somewhat.

I almost forgot.

From front view;

1] The left (bottom) window frame is sinking in the nose skin.
    2] The left intake is partially buried in the skin.
    WOW! That is so beautiful ... amazing what one can do with what you started with.

Not understanding the 1 and 2 above. Maybe screen shots would help.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks John. Trail and error. Or is it trial and, one more cocktail

A little more experimenting going on behind the scenes. The wing nacelles are coming along. They're almost to scale for texture sizes. And you'll notice the shiny strip along the fuse side.

WOW! That is so beautiful ... amazing what one can do with what you started with.

Not understanding the 1 and 2 above. Maybe screen shots would help.

Thanks
    Thanks Milton. It's finally starting to grow on me so I can flow with the work. rather than the work flow on me and I get frustrated. LOL!

What I'm meaning by the numbers, load Matts repaint up in the sim and goto "front-view"/"exterior". Then look at the left intake on top of the cowl. It's sunk into it.

And the other. From the same viewing angle "exterior/front". The left side bottom windshield frame is sunk into the nose of the fuselage.

Ah! Okay, will check it out. BTW, loving that lighter strip along the fuselage ... been hoping that would come out.

Excellent work OB!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Avia 57 Update

I know, you guys thought I was kicking back while you did all the heavy lifting. :-)

Aside from updates on the Grumman aircraft and the Avia 51 today, I have been working on the Avia 57 all day.

Engines, props, engine face, spinners, nacelles, main gear components from scratch, gear doors, gear animation, flaps, and flight model updates. Lots of progress. Took her out for a flight for a circuit to test and adjust things. Sweetness! I am loving this one too!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ah! Okay, will check it out. BTW, loving that lighter strip along the fuselage ... been hoping that would come out.

Excellent work OB!
    Sorry to bring on the model issues so late. I recall mentioning the same things about the 156 too.

I'm going to bring out as much detail as possible in the 51. I remembered I had special plug-ins and tools for my graphics program that would be handy for this type of thing. Aged, old, grainy, pixelated type pictures. I dug into my goody bag and found what I needed for the task. And I've made a list of all the tools within for later installs of my software if need be.

Eventually everything I can pull out of the photos will reside in the repaint. It just takes time to rework things.

Thanks for doing the little "fixes", Milton.

The 57's looking right spiffy!! I'm thinking that the same textures as the 51 & 156 are at use here on the 57. More tweaking!! (sigh)

By the way, while I'm not working on the 51, I'm out scouring the WWW for resources for all of them we've got going here. Nothing new found, yet. I'm really hoping to pull more out of the 51. And the 57. We need more resources for the 57.

Blog Entries
    We need more resources for the 57.
    I'm shakin it Boss, I'm shakin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    LOL Thanks guys; greatly appreciated.

BTW, I just sent out model updates for the 51 for the issues you highlighted.

Thanks for the heads-up. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    You've done a fantastic job John. I always start to salivate during photo-real attempts and have to do more hunting. I've studied all the photos and information to the point of exhaustion.

LOL Thanks guys; greatly appreciated.

BTW, I just sent out model updates for the 51 for the issues you highlighted.

Thanks for the heads-up. :salute:
    Thank YOU, Milton

Having gone to the extremes and direction I've been heading, I decided to have a better go at the registration numbers to make them appear more correct. I had a pretty fair side shot that I exploded up and laid out on a grid. It worked quite well.

I'm driving myself nutty looking for resource materials :isadizzy:

This is a very good lead to possibilities. Now if we can find someone who has access.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/trs/tr....html#Aviators

Possible reading materials that may have more info. http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/trs/tr...2.html#Further

I've been watching from a distance with awe at the development of these Italian beauties. Don't know anything about them. Heck I didn't even know they existed until I saw this project jump up. And their era is not my particular era of interest. However, they ARE aircraft after all, and the talent and skill involved in developing them is just plain fun to watch.

OB, the metal skins and markings on these beauties are truly works of art that one could get lost in.

Great work everyone, and thanks for the hours of enjoyment watching this project evolve.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I've seen you in here quite often, Steve. Glad you're enjoying the outcome.

I've gained a bit of headway on the cadmium effects. How's about a black and white photo for appeal?

Fascinating.

You may be in the process of creating THE flightsim skinners go-to thesis on differentiating metalic alloys.

...Sure looks like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Fascinating.

You may be in the process of creating THE flightsim skinners go-to thesis on differentiating metalic alloys.

LOL Ageed!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Unsung Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Fascinating.

3rd-ed!

Oleboy's not going the extra mile on this one...he's on the marathon run!...close on his heels is Hurricane91!

Unsung, behind-the-scenes, Hero?

No way buddy! I'm a singing!!!, I'm a singing!!! :salute:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A little update on my restoration efforts. Cadmium plated aluminum installed.

This shot deserves a "right-click, view-image"

SOH-CM-2020
    Absolutely stunning work OleBoy

Really .... really looking forward to getting the 51 for my own use.

Waiting ....... waiting ....... waiting .......

Pete.

Don, that is some fantastic work you have there! Awesome job!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Thanks, fellas. I'm giving it my all for you guys. It's a lot of work, but I like the results.

Members who have read this thread: 70