Pavel Karasek's LET C-11 (Yakovlev Yak-11).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pavel Karasek's LET C-11 (Yakovlev Yak-11).

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Pavel Karasek's LET C-11 (Yakovlev Yak-11).

Just appeared at Avsim.com:

File Description:
    Let C-11 (Yak -11) for FS9. The Yak-11 design was based in large part on the successful Yak-3 fighter, and became the Soviet Air Force's most widely used trainer aircraft.
    From 1953, an additional 707 were licence-built by Let in Czechoslovakia under the name C-11 (LET C-11 in some documentation).
    Both Yak-11 and C-11 were used in all Warsaw Pact countries and were exported to eighteen countries.
    The model is created using Gmax, with 2D cockpit, fully clickable virtual cockpit and all moving parts.

Filename: C-11.zip.

Did a quick test; here are a few screenshots:

Well worth keeping!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Ooooh nice find thanks for the HU.

Steve

Very nice ! Will see if I can do a better prop blur for it tonight ...

Mike

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Very nice ! Will see if I can do a better prop blur for it tonight ...

Mike
    Good on you. I have started building up some layered masters and have a few schemes planned.

Steve

So far no luck w/ the prop blur ... will keep at it Gents .... Mike

いや~まいった!
    Modelling looks very good, I think that it has a lot of potential.
    日本頑張って!
    この飛行機野郎からで~す
    春日部市、埼玉県、日本

Looking at the texture sheets, there is a prop blur texture...but it has not been assigned to the prop-blur disc in the model. Perhaps someone who speaks what ever language the author speaks and points this out he will do an update/fix to the package. Shouldn't be that hard to map the prop blur disc to the prop blur texture.....so says someone who has as much experience as a sim modeler as he has being a billionaire.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I e-mailed the author about the prop-blur issue. Hopefully he can read English better than I can type Czech.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have received 2 e-mails from the maker of the C-11. The second e-mail had a new air file, config file and MDL file. The air and config file really make the plane fly so much nicer....easier to trim, not so touchy on the pitch axis. The MDL file....the prop blur is still not working, though the prop disc is more translucent. Will keep communicating with the author to get his bird really dialed in.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for your efforts Tim! It's a good aircraft already, but with a few tweaks it can become a great aircraft.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

It's an interesting...muscular...looking aircraft. Very nice.

I've seen some repaints up already, @ Simviation, FSX/Vintage catagory. (They're good for FS9 too.)

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0

I received another updated MDL file for the C-11. The prop blur is now working....a better prop blur with the right alpha will be needed. I will let Pavel know that things are A-Okay now and he can upload the updated MDL file. And the improved FDE set as well.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's fantastic news Tim, thanks for communications ... Mike

The repaints at Simviation are nice , very much looking forward to Steve B's liveries as well as the possibility of a good prop blur ... Mike

Thanks for the HU, very much appreciated. I see what you mean about the prop disk blur as in real life, you wouldn't see a thing (well only when the sun comes out and that's very rare in England!), but I quite like the flying characteristics as they are. The aeroplane was designed as a trainer and a very good one at that and from the brief flights that I've had, I think the author has produced a decent flight model. Take off run is nice and long (but seen one operate just off 800yds of grass) and the roll rate from my memory seems good.

But then, I've never had the opportunity to fly in one.....ground crewed on a couple of examples when at North Weald for a few years and do have contacts for a ride, but have never got around to it. Spent all my time with T-6s!

Least this will keep me occupied for a few hours and be a lot lot cheaper than the real thing.

Happy Landings,

Martin

Is this available anywhere else? I cannot download from AVSIM or Simviation or whatever....
    Matt

You can grab the C-11, and more of Pavel's aircraft, right off his website....some scenery and repaints too!

http://www.pavelkara.wz.cz/Letadla.html

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THANKS!!!!!
    Matt

Got another e-mail from Pavel concerning the C-11. He has done some more work to the VC and the overall MDL file. I am up to my ears in a building project for the wife at the moment, so it will be a couple hours before I can test the new files. Will let you know what all has taken place in the C-11 once I get the bird in the air with the updates.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, for those who have this plane....you know those painted on bolts around the windshield frames...well, they aren't painted on any more. The latest MDL update has modeled 3D bolts and nuts...and they are perfectly sized.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got another e-mail from Pavel...the updated MDL was uploaded to AVsim.com this morning. Look for it "soon".

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The update for the C-11 is now available at AVSIM, includes a new model, prop texture, and flight dynamics. File name is C-11_294503.zip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Excellent. . . .updated with one of Bob Rivera's prop blurs, looks perfect now. OBIO, well done on taking the initiative to work with the author and help him to enhance an already nicely done model.

On a side note, the hand-painted screws on the canopy frame texture need to be painted over so that only the modeled screws show now. Kinda conflicts with the 3D look. Easy to paint over though. I've already done all three of my textures. That was an excellent touch though (the modeled screws).:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Finally got around to flying this...WOW. I definitely like it. I didn't realize this is from the same guy who did the L-60 Brigadyr and the Let L33 Solo (which is absolutely sublime). One of the things I really like is the supercharger whine in spot view. An absolute joy to fly; definitely a keeper. :ernae: