R.I.P Red Arrows pilot

Thread: R.I.P Red Arrows pilot

Charter Member 2011

R.I.P Red Arrows pilot

no name yet, and no clear reason given yet

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mod--red-arrows-incident.html
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Thanks for posting Steve. I heard about this on the way home, on the radio and it appears that the ejection seat operated whilst still on the ground. Thoughts and prayers to the family.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote:
    A Red Arrows pilot has been killed after being ejected from his aircraft while on the ground.
    The RAF said a full independent inquiry was being launched into the incident at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire.
    The tragic accident came less than three months after another pilot with the world-famous aerobatics team, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging, 33, was killed in an air show crash in Dorset.
    Medical teams rushed to RAF Scampton, the base of the Red Arrows, after the incident at about 11am.
    The Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance airlifted the pilot to Lincoln County Hospital but his injuries were so severe that he could not be saved.
    The Red Arrows completed their final display of the season in September and are carrying out their winter training at RAF Scampton.
    Speaking at RAF Scampton, Group Captain Simon Blake said: "The pilot was ejected from the aircraft whilst the aircraft was on the ground.
    "The director-general of the Military Aviation Authority is in the process of initiating a full and independent service inquiry to determine the cause of this tragic incident."It would be inappropriate to speculate on the cause of the incident until that inquiry is complete.
    The investigation will determine the facts.
    "The pilot's next of kin have been informed. Our thoughts and prayers are with the pilot's family and friends at this difficult time."

I don't like speculating, but this springs to mind...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-10782263

Sad day for 'Reds'

This maybe preaching to the converted; but those of us (myself included) whom have worked in and around aeroplanes with 'live'
    seats can tell you we have a healthy respect for them.

Basically they are live 'fireworks' just waiting for an excuse to go off.

Pete

Charter Member 2011
    MOD announced the name of the pilot today - Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham, Aged 35
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out