Something new.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new....

We actually chose this one for a very specific reason... There is one thing that the S8 cannot do that ours will be able to do... I will not say anymore than that...

Looks superb!
    I can't see a CA27 given the unique external details (3" deeper air intake, shorter rear fuselage, Aden guns, multitude of cooling vents etc) but it would be nice to have the ultimate version of the ultimate 'fighter'.
    Unfortunately an F-86 in RAAF colours just looks wrong.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Super fantastic! I'll be definitley keeping an eye on this one.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

I am truly looking forward to this.....but an F-86H needs to be done......its the HOG of the 86's and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    We actually chose this one for a very specific reason... There is one thing that the S8 cannot do that ours will be able to do... I will not say anymore than that...
    Actually use the radar ranging gun sight!?? That would be fantastic!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I'll be waiting eagerly for this one!

'It's not the variant I want!'

'You should really do a Z model!'

LOL!!!!!

This one should be a bit special.... If I were to have a warbird of my own? The F-86 would fit the bill. Yes the Fury would be nice, but this one should prove educational and fun! PS: I even got to fly it a short way already!!

Cheers: T

So this got me thinking about what the SF8 Sabre can not do..... and I haven't come up with much.

1. Speed brake and Drop tank Animations working in multiplayer
    2. Control freeze on hydraulic failure
    3. Landing lights that illuminate the ground
    4. Windmilling of the engine for a "korean-war" air start on the ground or in the air.
    5. a more realistic gunsight
    6. a refined flight model (particularly the throttle/power settings)
    7. Radios that fail when they get wet.... j/k.

Unless you guys have figured out a way to make machine guns work, you've got me beat. Really looking forward to the development of this one. As I write this, I'm looking at a painting of two F-86s taking off in formation for a mission in Korea...... I can't wait guys. Godspeed.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    So this got me thinking about what the SF8 Sabre can not do..... and I haven't come up with much.

1. Speed brake and Drop tank Animations working in multiplayer
    2. Control freeze on hydraulic failure
    3. Landing lights that illuminate the ground
    4. Windmilling of the engine for a "korean-war" air start on the ground or in the air.
    5. a more realistic gunsight
    7. Radios that fail when they get wet.... j/k.

Unless you guys have figured out a way to make machine guns work, you've got me beat. Really looking forward to the development of this one. As I write this, I'm looking at a painting of two F-86s taking off in formation for a mission in Korea...... I can't wait guys. Godspeed.

Chris
    I'm thinking guns for some terrific air to air gunfights...............my dream at least.

Matt

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    That's for sure. Just re-tested the S8 Sabre a few weeks ago and FDE wise there's quite some room for improvement.

yeah..... the SF8 sabre is one of the best aircraft in the sim; it outclasses much of the payware work out there. However, I think Milviz will be able to really impress us by utilizing features specific to FSX.

F-86D, K and L, that's my votes !

Good thing this isn't a democrazy... We're doing the F-86F-30 as it's one of my faves and, the one we did for AS was "not very nice".

We are not doing a D, K or an L or an H or a Fury at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    Yep, mine too.
    But I'm afraid we're not getting a Dog Sabre for a long long time Dag!

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    Mine too!

I guess someone else will see the logic and reap the benefits.
    :ernae:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    'It's not the variant I want!'

'You should really do a Z model!'
    Mock all you like. To be consistent, though, I guess someone should have posted something similar in response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Still no option for GBU-38's or single GBU-12's?

Come on...really?
    Or, maybe we could agree that expressing our views in a polite, civil manner is part of this hobby, and recognize devs may or may not act on those views - according to their own prerogative - and we agree to live by that.

All I intended was to give perspective on what I thought would be a highly-appreciated niche. Nevertheless, I respect KC's decision - having heard it from him is fine by me. When KC posted looking for a RW Sabre pilot in July, I gave him a suggestion and have sincerely wished him well - so I'm not losing sleep over this. If that's somehow fodder for your amusement, that's fine by me.

dl

Guys. Please. The main and most important reason for not doing the D or the H or the L is that they were considerably more complex in terms of radar, weapons, systems and avionics as well as being quite different physically inside and out. We at Milviz, do ONE variant only with maybe some extras in the VC if we can. We do that so that we can put more effort into making sure that it's as right as we can make it. Besides, after the Eagle E debacle, we were looking for something simple but cool. So we decided on that. Please be patient and you will see why.

Thanks for the compliments and the "votes" but seriously, I do not wish this thread to be closed. If you don't like the plane we chose or wish we would/could do something else, this isn't the way to convince us. Emailing me and begging (or sending money) is a good start. Posting in our forums is a good idea too... but not in a thread where we are showing off what we ARE doing...

This is just my two cents here but I believe it's valid.

I am glad to see the F being done "properly". I just hope you make the paint kit as friendly as possible...

We do try very hard to make the paint kit user friendly but, that said, our goal is always to maximize the amount of quality vs FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I am glad to see the F being done "properly". I just hope you make the paint kit as friendly as possible...
    :salute: ....

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Guys. Please. The main and most important reason for not doing the D or the H or the L is that they were considerably more complex in terms of radar, weapons, systems and avionics as well as being quite different physically inside and out. We at Milviz, do ONE variant only with maybe some extras in the VC if we can. We do that so that we can put more effort into making sure that it's as right as we can make it. Besides, after the Eagle E debacle, we were looking for something simple but cool. So we decided on that. Please be patient and you will see why.

Thanks for the compliments and the "votes" but seriously, I do not wish this thread to be closed. If you don't like the plane we chose or wish we would/could do something else, this isn't the way to convince us. Emailing me and begging (or sending money) is a good start. Posting in our forums is a good idea too... but not in a thread where we are showing off what we ARE doing...

This is just my two cents here but I believe it's valid.
    Well said! Anyway, if there were a vote it would be the -F for me anyway.

Radar equipped 'big sabres' would have been firsts in the FSX world. An F is not.
    Please do the long wing slatted late model at least. Martin Baker MK 5 seats were fitted in these by the RNoAF and Luftwaffe around 1959-60.
    I see the commercial aspect of this and the way MilViz thinks so I do not have particulary high hopes...

May I point out that the F-Block-30 is equipped IRL with gunsight radar.....Sorry for not being around much guys havent had much internet.
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 0