MIlviz CH-47D Chinook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIlviz CH-47D Chinook

MIlviz CH-47D Chinook

Hi all... Steve never got around to posting these so here they are... He's moving so I forgive him and so should you!

Though this is a Milviz/ND joint affair, for reasons unspecified in this post, we have taken over the beta-testing and the production thereof.

Thanks for looking...

part two....

As an FYI, the guns and internals for "war" will be removed and a "civvie" version will be available...

Charter Member 2012
    Wow - thats looking very good

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    part two....

As an FYI, the guns and internals for "war" will be removed and a "civvie" version will be available...
    I hope you mean a civil version will be available as well. I like the version with guns and internals "for war" (and i hope a version with M240's (FN MAG, red) will be available as well). Gunners/loadmasters (static or animated) will be a nice addition as well.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

nb: these are not renders. They are screenshots. We will have some in FSX shortly.... (yes beta testers... you know who you are so prep thineselves!)

Yes, a civilian version will be available.

Gunners and loadmasters and HMMVS as well...

That is pretty amazing!

Mmmm.... now THAT looks somewhat more promising;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Thanks for updating us. Will there be a glass cockpit version as well? Also, any thoughts to trying to model the MH47? Plenty of readily available pics via google without asking for a TF160 type to divulge anything secret.

Matt

We are only doing the steam gauge version. Coding the FMC's and all the glass... well, after the Eagle E, we're not going to be doing any of that kind of thing for some time. Way too complex to do it properly and, quite honestly, not worth it.

I have had a chance to fly this one around a bit, very promising bird and a good flier. My daughter being a high altitude mountain guide/rescue person has had a few rides in them. Good choppers are fun, especially in FSX!

T

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    We are only doing the steam gauge version. Coding the FMC's and all the glass... well, after the Eagle E, we're not going to be doing any of that kind of thing for some time. Way too complex to do it properly and, quite honestly, not worth it.
    Cool. I completely understand and still hope the E will see the light of day. This and your Mudhen are must haves on my list. Thanks again for the update. I agree with the previous posters that this Chinook looks fantastic and will look even better with various payloads and pax. Looking forward to its release.

Matt

A flight of three just left Duluth last week, I think they headed to Volk in Wisconsin...

Neat birds.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Colin, a couple of questions

im wondering why dont you release it on your own since your team is doing all the hard work?

reading around the traps that many people are not impressed with ND over previous releases and stating they will never buy again from them

wouldnt it be better long term selling it thru your vendor?

or its a case the paperwork has been signed already?

Any update on the Chinook beta testing? I don't think I can wait much longer. Please before Xmas. I'll pay double.

I would like to know whats happening myself...but it seems ND is busy with one of their in house projects atm....
    -JB

Seems a bit strange that ND's next release, the AS350, has entered beta testing over a month later than the chinook. One can only assume their are problems with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Colin, a couple of questions

im wondering why dont you release it on your own since your team is doing all the hard work?

reading around the traps that many people are not impressed with ND over previous releases and stating they will never buy again from them

wouldnt it be better long term selling it thru your vendor?

or its a case the paperwork has been signed already?
    I think the contract was already signed. However as far as our team doing helos....we have the Super Cobra in line if i recall correctly but the big problem is none of us aside from Roadburner have any experience with helos much less developing them. So....the FDEs is going to be a tough one for our team alone.
    -JB

Working on other things at this moment, but have flown this one, not really too bad. A resourceful bunch, so I am sure it will work out well in the end.

Cheers: Tom

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I do regret to inform you that the Chinook has been put on the back burner. We are pressing ahead with other internal Milviz projects. As stated above though the Nemeth's are working on their in house products first. We are working on the F-15 SP though, and working on other projects. So all is not lost.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Unfortunately I do regret to inform you that the Chinook has been put on the back burner. We are pressing ahead with other internal Milviz projects. As stated above though the Nemeth's are working on their in house products first. We are working on the F-15 SP though, and working on other projects. So all is not lost.
    This is quite disappointing news. While there are a few outstanding F-15s available, no excellent (operative word: EXCELLENT) Chinook exists. I was really waiting for this one.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Personally...I cant exactly let the F-15 come out as excellent....It has to be the top. Or nothing. One of the 2. And it definitely wont be nothing if I can help it....
    -JB

I emailed ND and got a swift reply, all be it a very sad one.

Hi Keith,

At the beginning of November only a pre-alpha version of the model was sent to our partner Milviz. That was just an early preview of the model whose purpose was to let them verify if there is any changes on the model or textures are necessary in order to make it shown in FS correctly. That means it was far from beta testing. Since then we made additional works on the chinook, as a matter of fact is is very close to a real beta test version now but meanwhile we continued to work on our own AS350 project. The developments of that project started for more earlier than the Chinook so we decided to finish that first before we allocate all of our resources on the Chinook project.

The AS350 will be released around Xmas, this means the developments of the Chinook will continue after that but at the moment I really shouldn't/can't give you an exact release date for that.

Best regards,
    Tamas Nemeth

I dont see how that reply is in any way sad. They confirmed that the Chinook was still in progress, and would be released soon after there current project is done. Good things come to those who wait.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Members who have read this thread: 0