MIlviz CH-47D Chinook - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIlviz CH-47D Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Anyone know why Colin is banned?
    Yeah, just noticed that as well....admins? Not that you owe us any answers, but I've never seen anythingremotely bad spewing forth from Colin's messages, only the occasional bad business deals.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Yeah, just noticed that as well....admins? Not that you owe us any answers, but I've never seen anythingremotely bad spewing forth from Colin's messages, only the occasional bad business deals.

Matt
    Maybe the admins also got tired of listening to it?

I'm not for or against it, just curious. I have no reason to be, just that I had noticed it.

Colin, has been banned as he got a bit too personal towards an other member and as you all know personal attacks aren't allowed here.

Huub

ahhh really, i enjoyed his rants , bummer

sometimes we the consumers need to be put in our places, i know i get my fair share, but life goes on,

if some consumers are that thin skinned theres always avsim to get there free models from

I must ask that we not speculate as to where/what the issue was, as that's not fair to the general membership.
    Getting back on topic...
    Regards,
    Robert

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Colin, has been banned as he got a bit too personal towards an other member and as you all know personal attacks aren't allowed here.

Huub
    Think Colin got the point. Hope SOH-admin's will let him return. It's almost X-mas :ernae:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I was just suprised because normally we see the discussion publicly and then know what's coming down the pipeline next. It is unfortunate and rules are rules. It is nice that he is one of a few developers that actually take feedback from their products in this forum, along with Francois, Bill and a few others. It would be most unfortunate for all if he doesn't return based on the ban.

Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I was just suprised because normally we see the discussion publicly and then know what's coming down the pipeline next. It is unfortunate and rules are rules. It is nice that he is one of a few developers that actually take feedback from their products in this forum, along with Francois, Bill and a few others. It would be most unfortunate for all if he doesn't return based on the ban.

Matt
    Well I have been absent a lot due to my move, so kind of my fault about the lack of information (sometimes I do give you guys to much information, and that gets me in trouble ). With that being said my FSX computer is being set back up, and I am getting back in to the swing of things. I will be testing the SP/Afterburner fix hopefully tomorrow, and things will be back on track... Personally I thought (thought being the operative word) that the Chinook would be well in Alpha by the time I finished moving. That obviously did not materialize, and we are looking in to alternatives at the moment. It just sucks that I can completely disassemble, and reassemble real helicopters. I cannot however program virtual helicopters as I have come to find out. You cannot win for losing sometimes.

On a side note it will be up to the mods whether or not Colin returns. Personally I do not think that is up for our discussion, and it probably should not be mentioned at all. That being said Icky and them are kind, and I do have a feeling that he will be back. That is for him to work out with them though. I am back and about so I will be giving everyone their needed updates again now.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Whoop whoop. Classic chopper. Looking good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Gentleman.. Please..
    this thread goes back on topic and stays there starting "now" or by the end of the next post, it's locked..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrin View Post
    Whoop whoop. Classic chopper. Looking good!

Chuckles:: Sorry Mithrin. You beat my posting by just a minute.. Thanks for staying on topic..
    Pam

Videre Vincere Est

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Gentleman.. Please..
    this thread goes back on topic and stays there starting "now" or by the end of the next post, it's locked..
    Pam
    Darn, you're strict !
    Back to topic; looking at the first posts in this thread, i'd like to see updates and progress on this one. Not that i dislike the other Chinooks already available, but this one looks so darn good! I'm into choppers lately, and a realistic looking CH-47 (which can be converted to current and future RNLAF Chinooks) is still heavily on my whishlist!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Vince, it will take some time for the Chinook to arrive, as stated earlier in the thread.
    Also the model planned is the CH-47D with analogue flight intruments, no glass cockpit as ours in the RNLAF.

Cheers,
    Hank

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    ....Also the model planned is the CH-47D with analogue flight intruments, no glass cockpit as ours in the RNLAF.
    Damn! Well, one cannot stop hoping!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Damn! Well, one cannot stop hoping!

I can most certaintly confirm the Chinook will not have glass. As cool as it would be, and I myself would like to see the Army Special Forces version of Chinook (MH-47) there is just to many things that factor in to doing those kind of pits. The F-15 has been our first real crack at a glass pit, and it has been one rough ride. There are a lot of variables, and we find ourselves spending a lot of time trying to get it just right. I myself personally like analog gauges anyway as I feel more connected with the aircraft. Plus it gives me more stuff to look at on longer flights. Glass pitted birds are cool in their own right though. Especially since most of them are the cutting edge fighters/choppers.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    I can most certaintly confirm the Chinook will not have glass. As cool as it would be, and I myself would like to see the Army Special Forces version of Chinook (MH-47) there is just to many things that factor in to doing those kind of pits. The F-15 has been our first real crack at a glass pit, and it has been one rough ride. There are a lot of variables, and we find ourselves spending a lot of time trying to get it just right. I myself personally like analog gauges anyway as I feel more connected with the aircraft. Plus it gives me more stuff to look at on longer flights. Glass pitted birds are cool in their own right though. Especially since most of them are the cutting edge fighters/choppers.
    We'll keep hoping though....I too would love to see a better MH47 than the Area 51 bird and your teams work is first rate with attention to detail.

Matt

Now get back to work on the SP for the Mudhen........

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Now get back to work on the SP for the Mudhen........

LOL.. I am not working on that. My job is to come on here and chat with you folks. That said I will be testing it when it is finished. He sent me the screen cap of the burners yesterday that I put in the F-15 thread. Just waiting on it to drop. Got my wireless keboard today so I am ready when they are to test it. Christmas is but a week away now.
    Steve

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks for keeping us uptodate Roadburner

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    LOL.. I am not working on that. My job is to come on here and chat with you folks. That said I will be testing it when it is finished. He sent me the screen cap of the burners yesterday that I put in the F-15 thread. Just waiting on it to drop. Got my wireless keboard today so I am ready when they are to test it. Christmas is but a week away now.
    Great to know you'll be able to still provide us MILVIZ updates. Can't wait for the SP and give the Stike Eagle her just desserts in the virtual skies. Your Strike Eagle's going to be a hard one to beat. It's ironic that another company never released their fantastic WIP of an F-35 because there was one in existence, Dino's. Now, in the spirit of competiviness, we shall have two models. Guess their sales model got updated, thankfully to our benefit.

If you need any info on the MH-47, let me know, as there's a contigenent of them here at Gray AAF.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0