Erco 415 Ercoupe(freeware) released 17may12
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Erco 415 Ercoupe(freeware) released 17may12

Erco 415 Ercoupe(freeware) released 17may12

This is also a WIP, but will be next out the Classic Wings hangar

Attachment 50748
    Craig

yea looking forward to this one since I was partners in one for a while.
    If u don't alrady have it here's a link to some pics that might help.
    http://www.ercoupe.net/PhotoAlbum.html
    also this site.
    http://www.ercoupe.org/

My coupe in FSX:

unfortunitly it is no more, was totaled in a crash after I had gotten out of it.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Members +
    I had asked my dad,to buy me one,he said " SON,YOU"LL KILL YER SELF"...so I had to settle for a LIONEL ELECTRIC TRAIN SET. it was a bit steep that plane, selling at $ 2,994... Train set??$49.Bucks...Expensive also!No Credit Card then!!..<label for="rb_iconid_19"></label>

Just a BUMP so it doesn't get to lost.

2994$, a little more than I payed for my used motorcycle two years ago... Well, money is changing.

Looks like a nice project, too, even though I can´t find the beauty in that aircraft...
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

When my partner's and I bought ours back around 1980 /81 we paid $9000.00 for it, it was out of a fresh annual, had new paint and not a lot of hours on the engine.
    Saw one advertised just a week or so ago for $20,000.00!

Charter Member 2016
    Hey... we need an FS9 version of this one. There really is no up-to-date option in FS9 for Ercoupe lovers right now...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Hey... we need an FS9 version of this one. There really is no up-to-date option in FS9 for Ercoupe lovers right now...
    Perhaps, rather than asking (or almost telling) the developer why not investigate the possibility of upgrading to FsX yourself or merely admire the quality of the work in another sim? That would seem to me the Christian thing to do.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    2994$, a little more than I payed for my used motorcycle two years ago... Well, money is changing.
    Looks like a nice project, too, even though I can´t find the beauty in that aircraft...
    Admittedly, it is a very dated airframe and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that even the smallest aircraft do these days, but I'm guessing that in it's time, the beauty in part, was due to the availability to a wide audience (because of price) and the simplicity. A relatively easy airplane to fly and very forgiving. These days though, the beauty is in it's longevity and popularity among other things, at least that's my opinion.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members +
    I said to my Dad then,boy I would like to Fly that!....He said Son You"ll kill yer self!" ...so I settled for a post war Lionel Train set.

It was "JAUNTY"looking,Sliding cockpit,low wing..with a Forked tail..Shiny a real dream for a young man.

However $2,994 dollars was a lot of money, and the Lionel was $49.dollars!
    How Much things cost at that time??

Average Cost of new house $4.600.00

Average wages per year $2,400.00

Cost of a gallon of Gas 15 cents

By Kazunori Ito.

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    There are 2 out there for FS9, 1 by John Woodward and 1 by K. Ito, his are what u see in the posted screen shots, Johns was a 2002 model he upgraded for 2004 and mr. Ito's is for 2004. John Humphries did a ton of repaints for Mr. Ito's and the late Leon Louis did them for John W's.

A new Ercoupe will be greatly appreciated.

One of the nice things about them is that they qualify for the new FAA Sportsman's license.

One of my flying buddies' "new" Ercoupe.

Attachment 50995Attachment 50996
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Very nice Don. There are very few airplanes that, even given the financial freedom, I would love to actually own, as I'm drawn mostly to those in the Light Sport Aircraft area and the Ercoupe would definitely be one I'd love to own. I just like the way it looks, it's personality if you will. It's just a very cool little airplane and it's nice to see that it has withstood the test of time and folks still enjoy flying the classics.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2016
    Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers there... didn't intend the offense that seems to have been caused.
    I do have fsx loaded now... and it runs fine. Nevertheless, I remeber not being very satisfied the last time I did load an ercoupe. I was pretty. Excited by Aeroplane Heavens announcment of an ercoupe several years ago... but nothing seems to have come of that.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Really looking forward to this! I have had an original Sensenich wood propeller in my ownership for the last 5 years (hanging in my room), and last year I finally traced the serial/production numbers stamped in it, to find that it was manufactured for use on a Ercoupe - so ever since, I tend to feel I have at least a little connection to one...now I just need to find a way to collect everything else that needs to bolt on behind it. ; )
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Very nice Don. There are very few airplanes that, even given the financial freedom, I would love to actually own, as I'm drawn mostly to those in the Light Sport Aircraft area and the Ercoupe would definitely be one I'd love to own. I just like the way it looks, it's personality if you will. It's just a very cool little airplane and it's nice to see that it has withstood the test of time and folks still enjoy flying the classics.
    Yes, I'm waiting for him to finish getting his ticket so I can go up in it. His instructor is really screwing him around. The Ercoupe he trained in, (NOT his,) went out of service a year ago, and his instructor refuses to let him take his final check ride in any other plane, including this one. Unfortunately, we don't have an instructor certified to give him his final at our field. Needless to say, my friend is very upset. His plane rarely gets flown. It just finished it's annual, with flying colors. He does have a friend who has been going with him to some flyins the last month or so, so it has finally gotten a few hours on it.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members +
    They grow on you,Ercoups..the simplicity of a earlier time. Today ,its still popular this plane among some.,Kinda like the Ford Edsel..they have a following!..Was..not always like this....The COUPE BASHING was great fun at the strips....No tail wheel??? no rudder Pedals?..steers like a car??..the ,or ER Coupe,or HIC coupe..often was not the choice of the HOT SHOTS...a GRANNIE PLANE!!....The J-3 was the Thing!!..But super ego's prevailed..they became stored in the back of lots,garages..Today before I would get in one...I Would want to be certain its RESTORED TO NEW!..otherwise Your A Test Pilot..and Wings do fall off,and the engines do quit.
    I did fly it a couple of times, and was forced to echo that negative chorus then,..but Dam I said to my self begrudgingly..its NICE!...as time goes by,all the things of yesteryear seem more attractive!!

An update on the Ercoupe....

Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

I have also done some different variants if anyone is interested (Float, Tail-dragger, Twin-Ercoupe)

Attachment 62450

Attachment 62451
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by full View Post
    An update on the Ercoupe....

Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

I have also done some different variants if anyone is interested (Float, Tail-dragger, Twin-Ercoupe)

Attachment 62450

Attachment 62451
    Looking good and the variants are intrigueing, how about a "what if" retractable gear version?

Quote Originally Posted by full View Post
    An update on the Ercoupe....Main external textures have been applied, just the internals to do now.

Whoa Nellie!!!! That little thang shore is looking purty.That one's on my list no matter whether it's payware or freeware. I've got to have it when it is released. The last airplane I owned was an Ercoupe. I'm looking forward to flying this one in the virtual skies of FSX.

RD

SOH-CM-2024
    Looking forward to it, Craig- Looks very nice...

I'll bet that down the road there will be lots of people ready to throw some interesting paint jobs on it as well...

-Mike Z.

ScrappyII

Here's a photo of my son, who is now 36 years old, sitting in the cockpit of the Ercoupe I used to own. It was painted in a camoflauge scheme and named "Scrappy II." I have John Woodward's Ercoupe in FS9 with that paint scheme.

RD

Mine was metalic gray with blue trim and John Humphries did mine for Mtr.Ito's coupe, BTW works in FSX too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Mine was metalic gray with blue trim and John Humphries did mine for Mtr.Ito's coupe, BTW works in FSX too.
    John's does not work in FSX but, looks like my waiting will soon be over. And on a personal father's pride note: My son could fly the Ercoupe completely unassisted. I enjoyed just riding along in the right seat. Made his ole daddy really proud.

RD