His name is Bond, James Bond, and he's got a license to fly!

Thread: His name is Bond, James Bond, and he's got a license to fly!

His name is Bond, James Bond, and he's got a license to fly!

Just having a little fun with the Seabee! First livery is finished and I wanted to share it! I still have a lot of work to do on the shaders (bump/spec/reflection) so its not done yet.

Attachment 50740
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Here is the movie scene.

http://youtu.be/za-LCrEg5YQ
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Weird I never noticed when I watched this movie, but in the landing and beaching sequence it only has a floater under the port wing....... (at 1:40 it still has two at 1:51 it just has one!)

So perhaps you have to do some additional clever animation Gibbage

Cheers,
    Huub

There is an interesting story behind that. Acutally it was ripped off by a rock on a landing, and the float was lost. They were originally going to just pull up to the beach normally, but doing this without the float would mean the left wing would sink. So they had to beach the aircraft to keep the wing from sinking!

Also, it seems that loosing the sponson on these are not all that uncommon. To the point were they even have spacific instructions for pilots in case you should loose one! If one happens to depart your aircraft faster then 40mph, its recommended to take off and land on land. Below 40MPH, keep the bad wing into the wind, and when slow enough, its recommended that the pilot (or willing passanger) hop onto the good wing and wait for help. If the wing starts to sink, you have 5-10 minutes before its past the point of no return and you must abandon the bee. Or you can just run her into the shore like a boss, hop out, and have it blown up by a sun powered laser later on.

The latter part is not in the manual BTW.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

The full story can be found here.

http://www.seabee.info/seabee_movies.htm
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Interesting summary about movies. Thank You.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cool

That movie is where I first fell in love with the SeaBee! Love the livery. I am very much looking forward to this plane. Thanks for the update.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

That SeaBee is looking fantastic! Very nice job.

Awesome work you are doing there!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ..... but in the landing and beaching sequence it only has a floater under the port wing..
    If you would've seen Ali G's interview about ' Science and Tekmology' you would'nt have used that word, Huub...

http://youtu.be/_Hs24jxuCr4

Fantastic modeling, Kevin !

cheers,
    jan

Excellent work!

:ernae:

Cheers,
    Mark

Just a quick update. I sent the external files over to Chuck, so the next time you see the Seabee, it will be IN GAME SCREEN SHOTS! Very exciting point for me! I love seeing something I worked so hard on, flying in game.

Honestly, I dont get a lot of stick time in FSX. My joy is in building these aircraft, and seeing them fly as someone else enjoys them. Is that odd?
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller