Searched in vain for this topic on FS9 forums, so now I'm asking

Thread: Searched in vain for this topic on FS9 forums, so now I'm asking

Searched in vain for this topic on FS9 forums, so now I'm asking

I bought the Captain Sim 757 200 (a great bargain, by the way) and enjoyed it on my old Dell. I transferred everything over to my new Toshiba, and everything works great except I'm right out of the flight deck in VC mode. Using Flight1 View I can move myself forward to get into the pilot's seat, but is there an adjustment I can make in the cfg file? I tried changing some numbers in the first line of the [views] section, the line entitled "eyepoint', but I don't know what I'm doing and it didn't appear to make a difference.

I assume this is a difference from computer to computer, because some freeware and payware aircraft that are extremely well made nonetheless require a little adjustment back or up to put the viewpoint in the right place. I've always done that quickly, but the difference with the 757 is so great that I'd rather adjust the cfg if I can.

As always, it's great to be able to ask questions here and get friendly help!

Charter Member 2011
    A I recall, there is a 2D popup panel with hotspots you can click for pilot, copilot, passenger views.
    I'm pretty sure if you've clicked around that a couple of times the problem will go away...

Well, that was embarrassingly simple!

Thank you!

I thought your advice wouldn't work because I clicked on the captain's seat in the drop down panel but nothing changed. Then I tried closing and reopening FS9 and I was back in the captain's chair. Once again I was looking for a more complicated solution when the quick fix was right in front of me. :salute:

Members who have read this thread: 0