757 Jetliner - Freemium
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 757 Jetliner - Freemium

757 Jetliner - Freemium

A little teaser, if I may...

Want to know more?

Sign up here and we'll bring you all the news about this exciting new concept on the 28th October.

Although I don't think that I belong to the target audience of the F-lite series, I've to say that this sounds very interesting. I guess the basic model and a livery will free of charge and then one has to pay a few bucks for additional models and liveries.

Interesting concept, that's for sure. Hope it will work out for you!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

For those of you who haven't received the details yet:

Just Flight is taking a bold step into the Freemium arena. Freemium is a revolutionary way of doing business that has taken the world of computer games by storm. We’re supplying 757 Jetliner - a fully fledged 757 simulation that would usually sell for £19.99 - completely free. There are no catches.

Then, when you want to expand your 757 fleet, you can pick and choose from a range of 30 additional models and liveries that are available to download in pairs for less than £1 each!

No cost. No compromise.

One of the world's most popular narrow-bodied airliners will soon be lining up in our F-Lite hangar. 757 Jetliner has been created by Just Flight’s own in-house development team and features an accurate and detailed model of the non-winglet version of the 757-200 with Rolls-Royce engines in a British Airways livery.

I like the idea of this. I get frustrated at buying something that has 30 repaints when I only want two of them, but payed for 30 !

Not sure how good it is for the developer, but sure looks good for customers. Well done JF for experimenting with the market

Thanks-- great concept!!
    Signed up and waiting!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I signed up for it. With a functional FMC it should make for some interesting flying (for me, at least). I usually don't fly the tubes, but I'm thinking of adding it to my Air Hauler fleet.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I got the email from JF this morning.... definitely something I am interested in. And like like the concept they have put together... just buy the liveries and models you want, not more that you will never fly with. And the prices sound very, very fair. Im in!

I've only ever seen this aproach with Rise of Flight (WW1 sim), worked for me though basic game is free and you add the birds you want. Didnt think I'd ever see it in FSX though, should be interesting to see how it pans out

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

More details on our 'Freemium' offering can now be found here: http://blogs.justflight.info/2011-11...iner-freemium/

I've been waiting for this. The download link appeared and I grabbed my copy. While some other files are downloading, I decided to install the free plane. It asks for my "account information" to proceed. I go to set up an account and it requires me to furnish credit card information as part of the process. Yes, I understand it's a free product and because of that I do not feel I should have to surrender any credit card information. Is there a work-around? Or should I go ahead and delete the downloaded installer?

I downloaded, setup an account & installed without having to supply and credit card details.

Did you use the account setup within the installer?

Already have an account and I am trying to download the aircraft. Either my internet connection is slow, or there are A LOT of people downloading it!

Nevermind... just saw the additional download server links.

Charter Member 2015

757 Jetliner FREEMIUM

Charter Member 2015
    Slow down loading!

Charter Member 2015
    OOOOOOooooops already a thread on this!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Did you use the account setup within the installer?
    Kind of... :mixedsmi: Got it working, now the fun stuff begins. If I can figure out how to get "somewhere" and then land "there" I'll be back looking for some liveries to add and say Thanks! to Just Flight.

SOH-CM-2023

757 Jetliner FREEMIUM Download for FSX

Just Flight has released a FREE FSX download of the 757 jetliner. No credit card info is required.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=880

There's already two threads on this
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Got the model and a bought a couple of the liveries. First off, thanks to JF for making such a great model and offering it in such a unique marketing concept. For me, I am sold and will buy more liveries soon. For others contemplating downloading it and buying liveries, it's a great model and the frame rates and VC are very nice. As far as systems are concerned, it is lite but if you're used to Thomas Ruth's models I would say it's near or better par with that kind of cockpit tempo/flow. The FMC is simple enough for beginners but sophisticated enough for advanced users to enjoy good long haul flights. Flight modeling feels good and the Autopilot and Fadec works pretty smoothly. The only minor bug I ran into was with the electrical system. It seems totally dependent on the battery switch "On" and bringing the generators online seems to have no effect on the Electrics. When you cut the battery with the generators showing online, the power on all the cockpit systems go dark. I know it's a minor issue which most likely can be easily fixed. But overall, this is an excellent 757 model which I highly recommend. BTW, the soundset is very nice!

I want to add that JF included the PW, RR and Cargo models with the corresponding liveries! I think you guys(JF) did good on this and I hope it sells like hot cakes. It's a keeper in my FSX hangar.
    :salute:

Update: After writing above about the electrical issue, I checked to Cfg/[Electrical] section and found that all the entries that are supposed to be under max_generator_amps= were missing on the RNZAF model and C-32 model. The entry was fully intact in the base freemium BA model. I'm not 100% sure if that had anything to do with the issue I encountered but I was flying the C-32 when I found the electrical problem. I updated the Cfg/Electrical entry and will test it at length and advise if that cures the issue I ran into.

Second Update: The changes made no difference in the issue. The electrics are still dependent on the battery switch. It's minor but I'm sure JF will look into it and patch the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    There's already two threads on this
    I'll merge them.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

What a great idea, giving stuff at 'pocket money' prices and hoping to 'stack em high and sell em cheap', a refreshing change from sucking in and stumping up a great lump of cash each time something new comes out.

At those prices, I doubt if even the 'pirates' will be bothered to go to the trouble of 'sharing' much either. Could this be the way ahead???

It really eats up the FPS.... KTPA on the runway at dawn, 10 FPS....
    Any one else have this problem?

Will try different airports tomorrow

I really like the freeware concept-
    Thank you Justflight!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I already have the CaptainSim 757, but I'm gonna have to buy into this one just to support the concept! Hope it's massively successful for Just Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I already have the CaptainSim 757, but I'm gonna have to buy into this one just to support the concept! Hope it's massively successful for Just Flight!

Once you have an you write a comparison?

Thanks

Roland