Qatari Mirage

Thread: Qatari Mirage

Qatari Mirage

The Rollus Mirage has been one of my favorite aircraft in FSX. The package has some great textures, but a few of the schemes have a little bit of room for
    improvements. This is certainly true for the Qatari Mirage 2000-5 scheme. I originally did the new textures from some time ago with research assistance from
    Frank Safranek, seeing them live at Souda Bay, brought renewed interest in finishing the repaint.
    The reworked textures have an all new camouflage scheme and new decal details to better match the real Qatari
    M2000.

Dassault Mirage 2000-5EDA “QA-94” from No. 7 Air Superiority Squadron of
    the Qatar Air Force

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

sure wish I knew how to get this aircraft....looks awesome!

This texture is fantastic!
    Will you upload it somewhere?

Hi,

Thanks!

Roland has banned all repaints, so without his approval I will not release the repaint.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!

Roland has banned all repaints, so without his approval I will not release the repaint.
    Ok...if that's Rolus his policy, I'll paint my own.

Cheers,
    Hank

Inspired

JensOle, you inspired me to dig this beautiful aircraft out and fly her out of China Lake, California. Truly another great airplane from Rollus. Thanks for the reminder.

Attachment 50389
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

He did this out of fear of people passing his "C" model off as a "-5" (or the other way 'round), so if repaints represent a *real* "C", they might have a chance of seeing the servers.

Blog Entries
    Can anyonesupply a link to the Rollus Mirage? It would be appreciated. I've searched for it but can't find it.

Regards,
    Ian.<o></o>

<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    He did this out of fear of people passing his "C" model off as a "-5" (or the other way 'round), so if repaints represent a *real* "C", they might have a chance of seeing the servers.
    Roland made the Mirage 2000-5/9 and not the C. The Qatari repaint is as accurate as you can get it for this model.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Roland made the Mirage 2000-5/9 and not the C. The Qatari repaint is as accurate as you can get it for this model.
    You beat me to it.

The quickest external indicator that it is a -5 and not a 2000C is that the pitot tube has been removed from the radome tip.

But you are correct Bjoern about his reason for not allowing repaints. France only had 37 Mirage 2000-5F converted from existing 2000C's and although I welcome repaints it would be incorrect to paint every French 2000 unit (past and present) as if they all flew the -5.
    :ernae:

Still ....i have to say, the plane isnt available for downing annymore.

Sure i respect his wishes but, i still think its wrong saying that other people are not alowed to make textures and give them to other people....maybe some guys like to make some wich are not real, a bit silly especially when the plane is not available annymore..

I like the exterior, though the bummer was by seeing the interior, i still think they could have manage a better 3d pit....

best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAM View Post
    i still think they could have manage a better 3d pit....
    If you've ever spent some time in GMax, you'd have realized that making "a better 3D pit" requires a bombload of time and effort. Getting the small and nifty details (that are mostly overlooked anyways) in is a royal PITA, not mentioning making more complex systems.

After spending a few hundred hours on a model, you just want to get it out of the hangar. Cutting corners to achieve that is totally legitimate considering we're talking about freeware here.

I'm more than happy with Rolands Dash 5 cockpit, even by todays standard I think it is a really nice piece of work.

Just to think about all the hours which goes into getting a repaint accurate, I can only image what it takes to make the model itself.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If you've ever spent some time in GMax, you'd have realized that making "a better 3D pit" requires a bombload of time and effort. Getting the small and nifty details (that are mostly overlooked anyways) in is a royal PITA, not mentioning making more complex systems.

After spending a few hundred hours on a model, you just want to get it out of the hangar. Cutting corners to achieve that is totally legitimate considering we're talking about freeware here.
    Exactly! :salute:
    :ernae: