DF 727 pack/bleed pop out lights stopped working

Thread: DF 727 pack/bleed pop out lights stopped working

DF 727 pack/bleed pop out lights stopped working

Hello,
    Recently purchased the awesome 727 v2 and after a few flights noticed the pop-out lights for the packs and air bleeds stopped functioning. The last flight they worked was the ONLY time I followed the checklists to the letter, and mistakenly forgot to reset all 4 before engine start (I reset the left pack light only), then continued thru the checklist only to notice a brake hydraulic pressure warning come on just before departure. Since that time I have not seen any lights for these items nor have been able to 'push' in the unset pop-outs. It's like all 4 items are dead tho the switches for the packs and bleeds still function.

I have spent numerous hours searching the manuals, and forums for a solution but have yet to find one posted. I have performed many flights in other aircraft since then (exiting FS9 in other A/C to ensure FS9 isn't saving my last flight in the DF727) but haven't had any luck fixing the problem. I've also tried different models of the 727 and they also start with the same glitch, and have loaded different configs but that didn't fix it either.

The ONLY thing that made a difference was editing the DF727.cfg file (in the fs9 root dir), setting the pop-outs to 0,0,0,0, and starting a flight- the lights now work, but the pop outs don't move in/out like they used to. I went as far as to remove the CFG file completely and restart the sim, to find that on selecting the DF727 and exit a new CFG file was created. The lights now work, but the pop-outs are immobile.

Anyone have an idea whats going on with these lights ? I'd hate to have to reinstall because of this one glitch. The only things I've changed from the original install is to install a single unit CIVA INS, and to swap the 'stock' WX500SE radar unit for the full (stand alone)WX500. I'm running FS9.1 in WinXP SP2, with MSdot net 3.5. I've already posted the question in the DF support forums, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Thanks in advance,
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Shot in the dark here.. see if there's an associated gauge .ini / .cfg file in the 'gauges' folder or 'panel' folder
    sounds like that particular part of gauge is being switched 'off'

hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0