Jaxon

Thread: Jaxon

Jaxon

I copied pics from your earlier post and am interested in doing textures from it for Tim's Storch. I suspect from the photo that this model had no fuselage side codes or vertical fin swastika, but the ZOLL1 on both cowling sides and ZOLL on the vertical fin. Also it appears to not have the typical two-tone green found on most Storch's that I've seen, so I'm not sure to go with the two-tone or the solid green camo. Doesn't look like a rear gun is present, but the P is supposedly to have side mounted guns. But at any rate the textures will fit any of Tim's Storch models. I don't suspect I'll start for several weeks, but it will be for my to do list for the colder indoor months.

Cheers,
    O

Hi Oglivie,

the ZOLL Storch is not of the Air Force, and is only for use over own territory. So there is no need for a camouflage pattern.
    The model was probabaly built after best guess or photos, which I haven`t seen.

My own best guess is, that the Storch was painted in a standard dark green.
    Maybe the swiss one here is of the same series:
    http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20070207170558

Still today, the federal ones are often painted in a darker green than the lokal police has.
    http://www.polizeiautos.de/index_db....reich=bpolheli

Other, than the model - I would use a swastika on the tail.
    This was the national sign of that time, just as German Aircraft today wear the black-red-gold flag.
    Instead, the Balkenkreuz is a Luftwaffe sign and was most probably not used by the ZOLL.
    Because in the text two aircaft were mentioned as ZOLL 1 and ZOLL 2, these would probably have been the registration codes and thus painted on the side of the fuselage, similar to all civilian Aircraft of the time.

Hope it helps,

Michael
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the info (I copied your post for texture
    reference). The ZOLL aircraft are interesting and I will continue to
    try to obtain more about this Storch version. I'll post if I can
    find more data. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    O