Updated C-1323k by V. Zhigulskiy at A VSIMRUS.com - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated C-1323k by V. Zhigulskiy at A VSIMRUS.com

Charter Member 2011
    Meh... no, they are indeed so equipped.
    But there's something I am missing here.
    Didn't think Air America was into meat processing... well, not of the porcine variety.

"Alright, I'm not gonna die dropping pigs from the sky! Not gonna happen!" - Billy Covington (Robert Downy Jr), "Air America" 1990.

The new Provider is now up at flightsim.com too.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

As much as my limited russian let me to understand, Vladimir on russian avsim said that he will release patch.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    "Alright, I'm not gonna die dropping pigs from the sky! Not gonna happen!" - Billy Covington (Robert Downy Jr), "Air America" 1990.
    Can see I need to go and dig out that movie again...

Shockwave bits for this one are a bit of a challenge what with Vlad's interesting use of light switches for animations. However, I have come up with something that works. Only question i have is there a taxi light and if so where is it located? Vlad has a taxi light switch on the "E" panel, but I can't tell the actual location. For now I stuck one on the nose gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, same aet up for both versions. I think Vlad was just captivated by those silly pigs

Aircraft.cfg Entries:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
    light.0=3, 3.9, -56.5, 8.1, fx_shockwave_navred ,
    light.1=3, 3.9, 56.5, 8.1, fx_shockwave_navgre ,
    light.3=1, -41.90, 0.0, 26.40, fx_shockwave_beaconh,
    light.5=4, 1.20, -0.50, 3.15, fx_shockwave_vclight,,
    light.6=4, 1.20, 0.50, 3.15, fx_shockwave_vclight,,
    light.7=4, -5.10, -4.50, 1.75, fx_shockwave_vclight,,
    light.8=4, -5.10, 4.50, 1.75, fx_shockwave_vclight,,
    light.9=4, 24.40, -0.00, 4.45, fx_shockwave_vclight,,
    light.10=4, 17.10, 4.50, 1.75, fx_shockwave_vclight,,

light.11 = 5, 8.40, 30.00, 7.80, fx_Shockwave_landing_light
    light.12 = 5, 8.40, -30.00, 7.80, fx_Shockwave_landing_light
    light.13 = 6, 24.90, 0.2, -3.70, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small
    //light.14 = 6, 24.90, -0.2, -3.70, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small

//---Engine Exhaust ----
    light.15= 3, -10.00, -21.11, 6.85, FX_B17_Smoke_BLK_OUTSIDE,
    light.16= 3, -10.00, 18.11, 6.85, FX_B17_Smoke_BLK_OUTSIDE,

Panel.cfg Entries:

[Vcockpit01]
    gauge28=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1
    gauge29=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 1,1,1,1
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Not bad, I just wish he'd have fixed the undersized main gear wheels / tires and corrected the shape of the drop tanks (both issues with the earlier version). I could do with out the ground animations and I preferred the separate models for jets or no jets, tanks or no tanks of the earlier version, not gimmicky switching them off and on. What the heck are"jettisonable jets"? They were strucurally fixed on the real airplane. Also, tying the jet intake to the cowl flaps is just ludicrous, to fly simlating jet usage, the cowl flaps are wide open, a situation that would never happen in R/L. The texture mapping is much better though! I'm afraid that other that the texture re-mapping, this isn't a very good update. Maybe he'll read this and patch this up some more.

Dave

I made mention of a problem earlier and either no one knew the answer or no one read the post. So I'll ask again in a different way. Everyone who has this airplane should be able to answer this one. . . .When I load the airplane (cold and dark), the engine is dieseling and despite ensuring that everything is shut down, I've found no way to correct the issue. So, when any of you load your airplane cold and dark is your airplane sitting on the ramp quietly awaiting your arrival, or is it sitting there coughing and sputtering like it needs a drink? If it is the latter, have you found a way to correct that issue? Thank you!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Loading up cold and dark, mine is quiet as a mouse .

Cold and dark as it should by on fs2004

Then this is an FSX concern apparently. Thanks!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I am suspecting the problem is in the airfile Falcon. Installed in FS9, which I have all my planes set up for idling and running at startup of FS9, I get this new model running and then immediately shuts down. If I try to restart the engines with a fully closed throttle they go through a series of starting/shutdown/start/shutdown/start/shutdown unless I crack the throttle barely open in which the engines will idle fine.

I suspected either the Aircraft cfg and/or the airfile that came with this new model and renamed both ending in original, then tried the Aircraft cfg from one of Vlad's older models which didn't seem to help, then I tried an older C123zh airfile and sure enough I had no more starting issues. So I believe the problem lay with the new model's airfile.

You might try renaming the new planes airfile and then copy and paste one of the older Vlad model's C123zh airfiles into the new model's folder to see if that helps.

On another note, the Aircraft cfg that came with this new Vlad C123 model sucks to high heavens, Sorry Vlad!, but I tweaked till the cows come home trying to get the plane anywhere near what seemed like real flight characteristics.

Oh and on another note, it sure would be nice if anyone knows how to eliminate the lights/furniture. My FS9 on Windows 7 platform hates lights turned on on planes which causes much noticable frame rate hits on flybys.

Charter Member 2011
    On this and the AN2, while the "L" key switches on the lights at the same time as animating chocks, you can switch them off in the 2D panel.

Parked at VTBP with my Royal Thai AF ship .... Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    On this and the AN2, while the "L" key switches on the lights at the same time as animating chocks, you can switch them off in the 2D panel.
    Thanks Wing, that is much better! And looks like it is specifically tied to the "beacon" switch too.

A new 2011v2 updated version is now available at Avsim and Avsimrus.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Then this is an FSX concern apparently. Thanks!!:salute:

FSX is using the sound.cfg differently it seems. We had the same question come up with out Lockheed Constellation packs when they were used in FSX. I don't recall which individual .wav file it was that caused it, but it should be easy to find if you simply open the sound folder and then play the individual files outside of FSX. Remove the offending one and you should be all set.

Alternatively you could try the sound folder from another similarly engined aircraft and swap folder for folder and test again.

Cheers
    Stefan

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Thanks for the HU on the new model.
    I got the movie on DVD and now recall what the hogs were all about.
    Looking at a very young Robert Downey Jr and Mel Gibson, I see this was 20 years ago, so I can excuse myself for forgetting.
    WOw what crazy times...

Members who have read this thread: 0