KCFS Evektor SportStar Service Pack 1 released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KCFS Evektor SportStar Service Pack 1 released!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    The issue you're having with the GPS is likely due to something with the FSD .dll, since I think it's tied to a file called FSDav.dll that resides in the Gauges folder. But I could be wrong of course! Not sure from there, since mine works okay (and has since been very nicely replaced by a GTN750!)
    Couldn't find that particular .dll file in my Gauges folder, so I'll have to wait for the SP2.
    My GPS issue aside, it is a nice little plane to fly!

OK. We have been working hard (WE being mostly Chuck) and here is some of the fixes we plan for SP2.

Removal of the FSD stuff (GPS) and replaced with default GPS500 and radio's. These are user replaceable with 3rd party radio stacks.
    Male pilot installed and animated (requested multiple times)
    Removed buggy engine sound from FSD.
    Make the SportStar compatible with P3D 2.4

We are removing the FSD stuff in order to put the product on Aerosoft for sale, but FSD will get a patch! I have heard in the past some complaints about FSD, so having the option of buying it from Aerosoft may satisfy some new customers. If anyone was holding off on buying the SportStar due to FSD, then youll have a chance to fly the fun little SportStar!

Again, thank you everyone for the feedback. Im glad this was brought to my attention, as this is my HOBBY. As such, I care VERY much for what I put out, and I want to make sure everything is right. Sorry for any inconvenience these bugs gave anyone. I hope to get the patch out in 1-2 weeks, and sales on Aerosoft should start at around the same time.

Till then, here are some video's I shot in a REAL SportStar flying in the Pacific NW. Landing at Anacortis Island for a flour bombing contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6du1...TcnDu15du0uT9A

Landing at KPAE (Boeing factory) on the main runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsk...TcnDu15du0uT9A

THIS is why I built the SportStar =) Nothing like real life references.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Sounds like a good plan Kevin, I look forward to the SP2 and P3D 2.4 compatibility......with those vids, now I know why the sportstar looked so at home in the PNW

Sorry for the VERY long delay on the SportStar PS2. Tom of FSD has been given the fixes for the FSD SportStar. How he handles that, I don't know. Its really out of my hands at this point in regards to FSD.

On the other hand, I would like to get at least two volenteers to help me test the SportStar in both FSX and P3D 2.4. I need more eyes on things before I release it to Aerosoft for sales. I also plan on having a big sale on Aerosoft once its released.

If you would like to help me test the SportStar SP2 for Aerosoft in FSX and P3D, please PM me here. Hopefully we can get this thing done this weekend.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Thanks for the interest, but both slots are filled! Ill have news up shortly once the testing is done.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Looking forward to trying out the updates, Kevin.

Just redownloaded from FSD. Unfortunately, Tom has not updated the files, yet. The download is still from 2013.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Looking forward to the updates Kevin, even if it means repurchasing through aerosoft if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Looking forward to the updates Kevin, even if it means repurchasing through aerosoft if need be.
    Surprised this hasn't been released yet. I'm one of those that was testing for Kevin. . .but that finished up well before Christmas I think. . .unless he ran into problems after that.

I received the update notice, with direct download links, from Tim at FSD on 1-10-15. Direct links were for the short package without extra liveries, or the full installation package.

Thanks Gibbage and team for these updates.
    (Sorry, I haven't installed them, yet, so don't know if they work.)

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

For some reason that email hit the spam box, downloading now, see how it goes....thanks Kevin and team

Hello to all,
    Yes I got the downloads via email from FSD the other day as well. As I had fiddled around a bit with the test files I decided to download and install the full update. From a couple of very brief flights the aircraft appears to behave quite well. I am not impressed by the new pilot figure - IMHO it's not good at all - I wonder whether it's the only change to the model so that I could revert to the one with the female pilot. Documentation appears to be unchanged. Looking forward to comments from Gibbage on FSD's effort and also on how his own update is progressing.

Happy New Year!
    best regards

Rick Canham
    South Australia

Last edited by kremin; January 15th, 2015 at 21:57. Reason: missing signature
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Hey Kevin, thanks for the update and your hard work.

I'm not sure what changes you sent to FSD, but I would be curious as to the version Aerosoft will have, I am thinking the two versions will have differences. Let's just say the SeaBee is great and fortunately went through the distribution channels differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Hey Kevin, thanks for the update and your hard work.

I'm not sure what changes you sent to FSD, but I would be curious as to the version Aerosoft will have, I am thinking the two versions will have differences. Let's just say the SeaBee is great and fortunately went through the distribution channels differently.
    The Aerosoft will have the Garmin replaced with a default GPS set, and that's all. Im still trying to work with Aerosoft to get it for sale, but another option may be coming soon! I will let everyone know once everything is final.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

The Aerosoft will have the Garmin replaced with a default GPS set, and that's all. Im still trying to work with Aerosoft to get it for sale, but another option may be coming soon! I will let everyone know once everything is final.
    Hi Kevin,
    Sorry to dredge up an older topic, but was SP2 ever released for the Evektor? FSD currently has the SportStar on sale, and I was contemplating a purchase. Just curious if it would be inclusive of any of the updates mentioned here.

Thanks.
    -Mark

Members who have read this thread: 2